Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not recognize (m)any of them. Maybe the feral cat and the bear form, because we have one feral in out raid with the shiny form and I have the bearform myself. Others I'm not really interested in.

Almost every max level player I see has one.

It's not like they're hard to get anymore. It's to be expected.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I see them frequently but not on a high frequency of players, if that makes sense.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I checked the achievement tracker, it said about 37% of active players have completed at least ONE challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    On about... maybe 20% of players? I don't really look at other people's characters unless they have a nice mog I want to take inspiration from.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    People still need to know to come back after having unsubbed to run this, they still need to know the most efficient path to gear up (which isn't as intuitive as it is to those who never stopped playing), and they need to know how to farm nethershards efficiently and not be discouraged if they only farm up enough for 10-20 tries. Those are not insignificant barriers to entry.
    There is a wowhead guide how to prepare fresh alts for mage tower, it's very noob friendly... http://www.wowhead.com/news=285409/u...rep-by-pelinel

We already get full free artifact traits, solo avenue to 910+ items, free legendary from killing 1 boss in lfr and several other improvements allowing to gear up quickly and obtain a couple of legendaries. Not even mentioning it's an expansion where it's easiest to push an alt from the previous level cap to the current level cap (100-110) thanks to invasions.

So the only "barriers to entry" are:
    - someone doesn't play the game
    - someone doesn't care to go for it
    And well, if they don't care, it's their choice after all. Blizzard even made a reminder post what to finish before 8.0, so people won't say "oh, I didn't know".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So the only "barriers to entry" are:
    - someone doesn't play the game
    - someone doesn't care to go for it
    And well, if they don't care, it's their choice after all. Blizzard even made a reminder post what to finish before 8.0, so people won't say "oh, I didn't know".
    Yep, you're right, pretty much. I have three 110 characters and I've done Mage Tower only on my main. I have a dozen other characters hovering between 100 and 110.

I could be working on it right now, but I'm not, because I don't want them bad enough right now to go get them.

That's the thing, though. Losing the option to ever get them in the future is a bummer, especially when they have the option to instead attach the rewards to an evergreen solo PvE prestige system that gets rebalanced with each expansion and scales to player level, or even ilvl if you really want to make it a skillcheck.

I'm not complaining, really, just saying that I think it would be cool if they just had this type of content and reward always available to players, whenever they feel they're personally ready to tackle it, not restricted to a certain period of time. I mean, it's also a bummer that the challenge is going away along with the rewards.

I mean, I see more Corrupted Remembrance on paladins than the Mage Tower appearance, but that might just be a personal preference.

Like how almost no one seems to care to use any of the BM appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I still don't see them that often. I tried counting in the mage order hall and I saw 1 Mage Tower weapon transmog for about every 15 players. All but 1 was the frost staff but I did see 1 fire sword. The challenge itself might be a little easier but there are still quite a few barriers to entry like:

1. You need to still be subbed while its easier to do and always up.
    2. You actually need a level 110 with over i900 gear
    3. You need to have managed to build up a supply of nethershards.

Once we get into BfA, I wouldn't be surprised if the frequency quickly drops to 1 out of every 50 players you run into or lower.
    Some like the feral druid are both significantly easier than many others AND more visible so I see more people using the feral one than not these days. Some are just hard to notice if you don't realize they are a challenge skin that they are something special. Like the arms warrior it was not till I started working on it that I realized what I had been seeing.

i see ones from some of the easier challenges fairly often but still dont see as many as one would think. i just assume a lot of people are scared of it or something like there's probably a lot of people who have tried it once without looking up the strategies and wiped immediately and were like "nvm fuck this"

They're definitely some of the best looking ones. I saw them relatively frequently, always going "holy hell what is THAT?!" only to go "oh that's the challenge appearance GF, aint getting that on this nooby alt..."

I do have a transmog for my outlaw appearance that is one of my favorites, but I also get bored of transmogs really quickly so I cycle through.

I see a few though it's mostly werebears and disco cats. I don't see too many people running around with the other tank ones. I don't know if it's because they're ugly or what. I went through hell getting them for all the tanks so I sure as shit will be mogging to all of those for quite awhile.

As for the nethershards being a barrier, if you did the class mount quests, you should be sitting over 10k shards. That was more than enough on my alts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I constantly see the were-bear mog. Very popular and common.

The others, not so much. Things like the Demonology floating rune-skull are rare, but I guess the spec also is uncommon.

Right now?

All the time. Everyone that's gotten them, wants to show them off. Many people have a Mage Tower appearance for one spec/class. Would be interesting to see statistics from Blizzard on it though!

I have no idea, that actually requires me to look at what they wear which doesn't interest me.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Right now?

All the time. Everyone that's gotten them, wants to show them off. Many people have a Mage Tower appearance for one spec/class. Would be interesting to see statistics from Blizzard on it though!
    There are stats available here. Seeing as this is based on all lvl 110s and I'm sure that a significant minority of people will be like me and have 4/5 trash alts who they're happy to have wearing clown gear, I'd guess at least 50% of people have got the mog for their main spec by now.
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/glo...category-15256

I don't know what most of them look like, I just got them in case I want to use them in the future, and I don't pay much attention to what people look like to notice which artifact appearance they're using anyway.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    I constantly see the were-bear mog. Very popular and common.

The others, not so much. Things like the Demonology floating rune-skull are rare, but I guess the spec also is uncommon.
    Yeah the were-bear is extremely popular, so people are willing to sink a lot more time and effort into getting that one before it's gone.

If you get Luffas [Thrash legendary] it makes it significantly easier, since you don't even need to stand in the decay to do damage.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2018-07-10 at 10:40 PM.

On my UH DK I prefer the completed storyline skin. On my Warrior (arms and Fury), Feral Druid and Frost DK I prefer the hidden artifact skin. And on my Affliction Warlock I prefer the Gul'dan staff

I do use the Mage Tower appearance on my Resto and Balance Druid

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    99% of the time I wouldn't even recognise it.
    This. Unless it’s my mains spec I wouldn’t even know what it was or what to look for.