Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Punish parents for sexual assault by minors: Danish People’s Party

https://www.thelocal.dk/20180710/pun...-peoples-party

The populist Danish People’s Party (DF) says close relatives of people under the criminal minimum age should be punished if they defend sexual assaults committed by minors in their care.
    The party’s minister for immigration issues Martin Henriksen will contact Minister of Justice Søren Pape Poulsen with regard to the idea once parliament returns from its summer break, newspaper Berlingske reports.

“If, for example, a child commits rape, and it can be proved that parents have neglected their duty of care and are responsible for their children becoming that way, it should be possible to punish the parents,” Henriksen, an immigration hardliner, told the newspaper.

The minimum criminal age in Denmark is 15 years.

DF also wants to deport parents of children found guilty of crimes where possible.

The calls for stricter criminal law pertaining to minors comes after six youths were recently charged with the rape and attempted rape of five girls in northern Zealand.

Parents in the Zealand cases have supported their children by saying that rape had not taken place and that the girls were not telling the truth about what had happened, Ritzau writes.

DF says it wants to make that type of statement punishable under the law.

Law professor Ole Hasselbalch of Aarhus University said that tightening laws in this way was possible from a legal perspective.

Hasselbalch noted that rules allowing for parents to be punished for offences committed by their children already exist.

“Encouraging someone to commit violence is already a crime, so that is the category that could be broadened to make retrospective. If you legitimise actions that are clearly crimes, the question can be asked as to whether that is a form of encouragement,” he told Berlingske.

DF has not yet put together a full proposal for any law change.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a good idea to punish them if they seek to blame the victim of their kids assaults.

Deleted
    Can't agree more. Parents should be held accountable for a lot more of their child's behavior, especially if you defend it as well. The parent failed when children do stuff like this, so they should feel it. Parenting should be a responsibility again. People breed to easily, irresponsibly, and just think it will figure itself out. It doesn't. You need to raise children, not just feed them and keep them alive.

Punishing people doesn't teach people HOW to stop doing what you are punishing them for doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    Punishing people doesn't teach people HOW to stop doing what you are punishing them for doing.
    If you have to be taught to not commit rape then you should probably be locked up from the get go until you can understand not to commit rape.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Can't agree more. Parents should be held accountable for a lot more of their child's behavior, especially if you defend it as well. The parent failed when children do stuff like this, so they should feel it. Parenting should be a responsibility again. People breed to easily, irresponsibly, and just think it will figure itself out. It doesn't. You need to raise children, not just feed them and keep them alive.
    The thing is humans are individuals, even children. You can't blame parents for every action done by a child.

EDIT: Misread the OP, parents should definitely be penalized if they fail to teach their children proper relationship etiquette.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-07-11 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    If you have to be taught to not commit rape then you should probably be locked up from the get go until you can understand not to commit rape.

Locking people up doesn't TEACH them how to not want to rape, it just prevents them from being able to rape.

Locking people up doesn't TEACH them how to not want to rape, it just prevents them from being able to rape.
    Why should someone who have to be taught to not rape be allowed to walk free in society? They're a danger to society. Lock them up.

Why should someone who have to be taught to not rape be allowed to walk free in society? They're a danger to society. Lock them up.
    Of course we lock them up. That has nothing to do with either of my posts.

When you don't teach people, you are going to wind up locking up ALOT of people and paying for their room and board OR you are going to wind up with ALOT of people that will be able to lock YOU up since now THEY are the majority.

They shouldn't be in the fucking country, period.

Of course we lock them up. That has nothing to do with either of my posts.
    It's clear to me that you're not worth responding to in any context when you just argued against locking them up.

I'm pretty sure commenting on a forum doesn't teach that either, but you still do it, without any chance of a "reward" not for yourself, not for the society.
    Punishing is ACTUALLY benefitting the society as a whole, by forcing people to maybe try to do something, and not just neglect (or beat up) their children.

By teaching them that hey, if you want to live a free and happy life, don't rape. If you want to go to prison, get deported and go back to your shitty existence, try it and see what happens. There's nowhere near enough of a deterrent and that's why people do it. They think if they plead ignorance they'll get a slap on the wrist, because it's exactly what happens in 9/10 cases.

Deleted
    If a dog can learn not to shit inside the house, then a human can learn how to behave after some punishment.

Parents are punished when the kid doesnt attend school. They are punished when their kid break stuff. So why dont punish the parents when their kid commit a huge crime?
    Last edited by mmoc441f090fee; 2018-07-11 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    They shouldn't be in the fucking country, period.
    What country should they be in? I don't think there are many countries where rape is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    What country should they be in? I don't think there are many countries where rape is legal.
    Plenty of countries in the world where things that are rape in Denmark isn't rape in those countries. Like, raping your wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of them manage to figure it out while being punished.

Plenty of countries in the world where things that are rape in Denmark isn't rape in those countries. Like, raping your wife.
    I didn't think that we were discussing marital rape. The comment I responded to didn't specify that, and your answer doesn't account for the majority of rape cases in Denmark which are not marital.

Martin Henriksen is a scumbag in general... So this doesn't surprise me.

I didn't think that we were discussing marital rape. The comment I responded to didn't specify that, and your answer doesn't account for the majority of rape cases in Denmark which are not marital.
    You said there is no country where rape is legal and that depends entirely on what is considered to be rape legally. As a blanket statement, it's true that there is no country where rape is legal but that's a pretty dishonest framing as it requires you to ignore the fact that there are differences in what kind of acts are considered rape and what acts are not. Up until 2005 in Sweden it wasn't considered rape legally to fuck someone that was too drunk to fend for themselves, as an example of this.

"DF also wants to deport parents of children found guilty of crimes where possible."

Assuming they're immigrants, the country they came from? Or anywhere else really but the western world, where there should realistically be a 0 tolerance policy with regards to rape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Martin Henriksen is a scumbag in general... So this doesn't surprise me.
    The guy calling for harsher punishments on those who facilitate and enable their child to commit rape or deny it happened when it's "clearly" a crime? Am I missing something here?