Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    WoW players: How much fun is it to try different builds and game styles even if it's not optimal? because we like customisation and the freedom to play how we want

Blizzard: NOT ON MY WATCH. You're not having fun the right way!
    They did the same thing to WW monks who also hoped they'd get a chance to use something other than 1h weapons. Blizzards gonna be lazy /shrug.

But the option to use 1h or 2h might "confuse" new players so we can't do that -Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Nevermind. GA and FScythe both require one handed weapons now. No fun allowed.
    Was really looking forward of screwing around with 2-handed frost but I guess that's out of the question now. Blizzard has been going backwards for years now so this was to be expected I suppose. Oh well bye bye dk and hello warrior it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by masticator View Post
    Was really looking forward of screwing around with 2-handed frost but I guess that's out of the question now. Blizzard has been going backwards for years now so this was to be expected I suppose. Oh well bye bye dk and hello warrior it is then.
    Well the good news is that they usually hand out the DK sets to all plate classes anyway.. not that it matters anymore in BFA :/.

At this point, it looks like if you want to play a DK with a 2H wep and without a pet, then go Unholy and forget that you have the Raise Dead button.
    That advice is obviously not sound for any type of group content. But for just screwing around in the game (leveling/questing), that seems to be our only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    At this point, it looks like if you want to play a DK with a 2H wep and without a pet, then go Unholy and forget that you have the Raise Dead button.
    That advice is obviously not sound for any type of group content. But for just screwing around in the game (leveling/questing), that seems to be our only option.
    If you're going to ignore pets in UH, you might be better served by just going blood.

Isn't there minimal interaction with the pet? You just hit the transform button when its up. It's basically a DoT with a ghoul graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Isn't there minimal interaction with the pet? You just hit the transform button when its up. It's basically a DoT with a ghoul graphic.
    Not sure anyone who wants a 2h frost spec actually want to play unholy. Unholy is essentially just a silly spec where you flail that 2h weapon around like crazy and yet your weapon strikes deal only a minority of your damage. Unless you are really just in for the weapon model I don't see that working out for most .

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    If you're going to ignore pets in UH, you might be better served by just going blood.
    I would imagine that Unholy still does much more damage than Blood even without the ghoul summoned.
    But, it's always a good idea to have your Blood spec ready for sticky situations that arise.
    The great thing is that both specs use the same weapon type. That will come in handy once again in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    It's always up in my business, which makes looting your kills sometimes frustrating. Not to mention the times it gets stuck in combat and you have to deal with that. Over all, it's just an annoyance while out and about questing in the open world. And because it is basically just a fancy DoT, you don't really need or miss it.

But if we are talking about group content, then you have to use it and consequently deal with it bugging out on top of everything else. And that is the big problem. You can't not play with it for group content. You have no choice because Blizzard hates giving players choices.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2018-07-12 at 08:25 PM.

They honestly just need make it a cosmetic choice you can choose and clumps the split numbers together then problem solved. It is all just numbers and visuals anyways, the only thing is you would only be able to see one enchantment but that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not sure anyone who wants a 2h frost spec actually want to play unholy. Unholy is essentially just a silly spec where you flail that 2h weapon around like crazy and yet your weapon strikes deal only a minority of your damage. Unless you are really just in for the weapon model I don't see that working out for most .
    I get what you are saying. I'm not a big fan of the Wounds system myself. I would rather have SS empowered instead of what we have now.

But, as a traditional Frost player, the one thing I do love about Unholy is Outbreak and the strength of Virulent Plague. It feels good to see your disease do noticeable damage to a target. That's something we'll likely never see again from Frost (Necrotic Plague...)

I would imagine that Unholy still does much more damage than Blood even without the ghoul summoned.
    But, it's always a good idea to have your Blood spec ready for sticky situations that arise.
    The great thing is that both specs use the same weapon type. That will come in handy once again in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always up in my business, which makes looting your kills sometimes frustrating. Not to mention the times it gets stuck in combat and you have to deal with that. Over all, it's just an annoyance while out and about questing in the open world. And because it is basically just a fancy DoT, you don't really need or miss it.

But if we are talking about group content, then you have to use it and consequently deal with it bugging out on top of everything else. And that is the big problem. You can't not play with it for group content. You have no choice because Blizzard hates giving players choices.
    Yeah the looting part always gets me. The warlock infernal made me want to go insane with how huge it was.