Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Strawman1992.
    Would upvote if eligible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's true, it was Beste Kerel. I wanted it to require Talon's Vengeance rep but someone threatened to kill me.
    And that would me!

*Nymrodh turns hea-*

*Gets one-shot by Master Assassin's Initiave*

*Rogue recloaks*

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it nonsense. The game in the past relied on doing group content to progress now you might as well treat players in lfd and lfr as AI npcs because you will never see them again. I miss when there were actual server communities.

- - - Updated - - -

Truer words have never been said.

- - - Updated - - -

Horde can at least grind their reps especially HMT you can finish that in a day if you want. Nightfallen has an insane amount of rep from just questing and very little timegating compared to argus.
    No, but the fact that it IS nonsense makes it nonsense. Content is content - the end. Deal with it or move on

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me all of two weeks playing extremely casually between an aggressive work schedule (1-2 hours a day, if that, with several days skipped entirely) to max out both reputations on Argus. You missed your chance; the WQ bonus event and Darkmoon Faire were up at the same time which made Argus a breeze. Without those, you're looking at maybe a few weeks of casual play, less if you dedicate time in the morning and afternoon/evening to catch WQ respawns and keep up with invasions for tokens.
    Argus isn't that bad a grind by any stretch. Come back to me when they put an allied race behind something like Timbermaw Hold or Brood of Nozdormu.

As to why, because they wanted you subscribed and playing during the pre-expansion lull, so they put in a bunch of allied races as preorder content, ensuring you completed Argus and start grinding the new character up or boost it to 110 and start at endgame (either way, you're paying and playing). This shit isn't hard to figure out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Eh, they're not that bad. Yes, the other Broken Isles ones are better and easier to do, but the worst grind was for the Void Elves, since there are fewer quests that up rep with them (though you can run that one heroic for them daily and get a nice rep boost for it). Plus you've got missions and then Kirin Tor caches to help make up the difference.
    Well, many WQs in Krokunn were changed to be also considered 'Argussian Reach' and give rep to the Broken. Also, unless I'm mistaken, the weeklies to gather 50 argunite pieces and finish 3 invasions on Argus were changed to give 1000 rep to both Argussian Reach and Army of the Light...

So it's not that bad, anymore.

As for navigating the terrain... not really? I mean, yeah, you can't fly on Argus, but the terrain design isn't as bad as people make it to be. Krokunn is pretty straight-forward, basically just a 'ring' with branching paths outwards, Mac'Aree is basically fully open with only two small parts where you gotta navigate around, that being on the very top-right corner, and the left area of the map. Antoran Wastes, again, basically just a 'ring'. Once you learn the three main paths of the place, things get easy to navigate.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Easier? I just 1 shot one of them at 909 iLevel with this ridiculous conchordance buff. 20 minutes before that I set my bars up on the spec.

They're that easy now.

PS. The people that have Vanilla Naxx gear definitely still wear it. Because people recognize it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be that people just don't want to do the exact same content that was in the Broke Shore but with a different coat of paint?

Because you know - that's all Argus is.
    That is all any of the game is.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Argus rep comes free and fast. Do the work.

There is too much desire of something for nothing, some claim the Allied races are what drew them to BfA, if that is the case, then reading how they can be unlocked and that they have to be unlocked, should be simple enough, flying also needs to be unlocked, is it cool you have to do a max level character to unlock te ability to play a character with a different skin? No it isn't, but that is how things are

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Or you just don't know what you said before.

Complete quote :

"from the mission table after doing the minimum"

Got it lad. Stop embarrassing yourself.
    Hey kid, it does not say effort in that post, I think you are mixing up what you are reading. No worries I understand forums can be confusing for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I quit Legion after the first or second week of 7.3 (can't remember, I think 09/17) because the content on Argus is just terrible and next to (if not) the worst ever implemented into the game. Fortunately I've already been almost Revered on both factions because doing that sh*t from friendly to exalted... just no.
    Personally I think Argus was some of the best world content they ever put in the game. The game isn't catered to what you do and do not like. Things require certain tasks to unlock, if you don't like it, tough break, plenty of other players have no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    There is too much desire of something for nothing, some claim the Allied races are what drew them to BfA, if that is the case, then reading how they can be unlocked and that they have to be unlocked, should be simple enough, flying also needs to be unlocked, is it cool you have to do a max level character to unlock te ability to play a character with a different skin? No it isn't, but that is how things are

Hey kid, it does not say effort in that post, I think you are mixing up what you are reading. No worries I understand forums can be confusing for people.
    Erp derp. Proven wrong so gotta try and be insulting, how interesting. Keep on trucking!

I am just going to leave this here. Because apparently some of us don't understand "what is written on the box" or "pre-order" or "early access." There is nothing on the site that says that you're guaranteed these races at launch, but they are a pre-purchase bonus that you will have early access to playing. The only races that are "available with Battle for Azeroth" are the Dark Iron Dwarves and the Mag'har Orcs.

I know but exalted? And then the overall tediousness of Argus + the super unfriendly content for players returning to the game? Sounds like an awesome idea to entertain people before BfA launch.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't fly and everything on Argus is like 10x worse to reach than in Suramar or Highmountain so...
    If you have alts, there are World Quests that sometimes give 2 Argus Reputation tokens that are bind on account. Do them on 12+ characters and you'd have 24 tokens right there, plus 2,000 from the weeklies. The portal bosses sometimes drop tokens as well.

This. For a newcomer or somebody who skipped Legion and returns to BfA it's just horrible game design.
    A newcomer certainly wouldnt look at Allied races, think "damn too bad i cant get them right away" then quit the game. Dont talk for newcomers if you're not one.
    For people that return to BfA... well it sucks i guess? Would you also want to be able to complete Antorus mythic after you just came back, just because you want it? Both are content. Both can be completed under certain conditions. Please dont compare allied races to normal races, because the goal with them is different.

Btw, Argus reps are easier and faster to get exalted than launch ones. Its your problem that you didnt decide to do them (as is your right).

The ammount of toxicity coming from you though tells me that you are just a blizz hater and looks for problems just for the sake of it.
    But yeah sure having to grind some content to unlock cosmetic stuff that doesnt influence your gameplay whatsoever is horrible design LOL.

Since you are a customer, vote with your wallet and spare us this sad non sense.

Thankfully they patched it to be significantly easier with some of the weekly or so repeatable quests giving upwards of 1000 rep with both factions.

And wow your timing is so bad it had to have been intentional, they've been running increased rep events increasingly frequently and you literally just missed the last one. It was all last week. Even without that, it will be easy to get both to exalted before the expansion hits.

Or don't, if you don't care for either of their stories/don't want to play one. No one's got a gun to your head. I did them all just because I wanted the other rewards from those reps already and the unlock scenarios for them were neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone like me, who stopped playing for several months due to lack of time (ever been bored? try having a baby), I find the rep wall to be very annoying. I'd say it borders on scam when they use allied races as a selling point for new and returning players, and then slap the "oh by the way, you need to grind rep for weeks to unlock them lol" afterwards.
    Right-o.

I'm curious how any of you who defend this rep grind will explain this to somebody returning in BfA or being totally new to the game.

"To unlock one of the BfA features you just bought for $40 you have to play the previous expansion for several weeks" - sounds awesome, doesn't it?
    Personally, I don't care about other peoples' gaming experience. They have a choice, do it or don't do it. There's not some deep conversation to be had in that space that could change how I feel about the rep grinds. It has virtually zero relevance to my experience, so why should I care?

I thought it was fun, had classic elements of an RPG, and would happily do it again.

Can somebody tell me?

I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA. As an Alliance main I thought it would be nice for the future to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei although both are not necessarily races I would play.

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?

In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions?

I know I'm half a year too late with my rant but this is just horrible game design. Locking something like two new races behind the worst reputation grind in years.
    ( do not forget that horde also have 1 that is a little bit gated behind a wall of rep)

The whole alliance first 2 allied races are just BS. Like you said how you get them, the weak story's, both have little options, bad back lore/previous questing with them, they are both not even races.
    light forged are just dreanei fanatic paladins. Hell they had 1 human that was lightforged and they wanted to make illidan one.
    and the other is a void touched race the only ones that exist, if you do not count the wild life on argus, or the void walkers thingies, or the void touch broken or the void touched naruu......man the void likes to touch a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It took me all of two weeks playing extremely casually between an aggressive work schedule (1-2 hours a day, if that, with several days skipped entirely) to max out both reputations on Argus. You missed your chance; the WQ bonus event and Darkmoon Faire were up at the same time which made Argus a breeze. Without those, you're looking at maybe a few weeks of casual play, less if you dedicate time in the morning and afternoon/evening to catch WQ respawns and keep up with invasions for tokens.
    Argus isn't that bad a grind by any stretch. Come back to me when they put an allied race behind something like Timbermaw Hold or Brood of Nozdormu.

As to why, because they wanted you subscribed and playing during the pre-expansion lull, so they put in a bunch of allied races as preorder content, ensuring you completed Argus and start grinding the new character up or boost it to 110 and start at endgame (either way, you're paying and playing). This shit isn't hard to figure out.
    But for some reason, giving players a reason to play is just Blizzard artificially increasing playtime for profit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody tell me?

I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA. As an Alliance main I thought it would be nice for the future to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei although both are not necessarily races I would play.

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?

In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions?

I know I'm half a year too late with my rant but this is just horrible game design. Locking something like two new races behind the worst reputation grind in years.
    Because their story is part of the Legion lore! If you haven't played thats your problem the rest of us have played and grinded the reputation required! God forbid you have to work for something in a game ....

7+ Year Old Account
    Garbage design garbage company
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwing View Post
    Because their story is part of the Legion lore! If you haven't played thats your problem the rest of us have played and grinded the reputation required! God forbid you have to work for something in a game ....
    What kind of story is there for Void Elves though? Argussian Reach offers like what, 0,1% of Void Elf "lore"? They rather would have sold me Ethereals with that story instead of Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Since you are a customer, vote with your wallet and spare us this sad non sense.
    I voted with my wallet by quitting my sub back in September and now I'm just returning for BfA and obviously not for the 7.3 content I despise but I'm still forced to do it to unlock a BfA feature.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again