Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Any reason to come back now? or wait till expac release?

Just curious. I know before some expacs, they would have like stuff going on that would introduce the new expac. Anything like that going on here for BFA? I quick playing probably around the new year. I can wait another month, no big deal, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything leading into the new expac.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Prepatch is most likely next week will have all new class reworks war mode proffesion changes and the story scenarios for loroderon and teldrasil events. Probably some extra stuff too that will only be for pre launch. Mage tower skins will go away at pre VB patch release

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Prepatch is most likely next week will have all new class reworks war mode proffesion changes and the story scenarios for loroderon and teldrasil events. Probably some extra stuff too that will only be for pre launch. Mage tower skins will go away at pre VB patch release
    Ok cool, I'll probably go ahead and reinstall at least then. Thanks for the heads up.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Just curious. I know before some expacs, they would have like stuff going on that would introduce the new expac. Anything like that going on here for BFA? I quick playing probably around the new year. I can wait another month, no big deal, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything leading into the new expac.
    If you want to roll any of the new allied races you'll need to unlock them by getting exalted with their associated factions and doing a short questline.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you want to roll any of the new allied races you'll need to unlock them by getting exalted with their associated factions and doing a short questline.
    I probably won't mess with that until the expac releases. I wonder if the faction grind will still be required then?
    my SWTOR referal link:

I probably won't mess with that until the expac releases. I wonder if the faction grind will still be required then?
    That is a big discussion. Nobody knows if Blizz will keep the faction requirements or change them once BfA launches.

There are two faction-themed mounts (Teldrassil Hippogryph, Undercity Bat) that are awarded by doing prepatch quests. They will presumably be unavailable after launch (not confirmed yet).

7+ Year Old Account
    You should wait till classic release.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless you care about a few achievements that are going away in pre-patch like Mage Tower skins, Chosen title, Field Medic title, Brawler's Guild stuff and I think SotA achieves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    There are two faction-themed mounts (Teldrassil Hippogryph, Undercity Bat) that are awarded by doing prepatch quests. They will presumably be unavailable after launch (not confirmed yet).
    Don't think Legion had anything only available at pre-patch. All of the armor sets/weaps/toys are still available through invasions and hidden merchants.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    I read somewhere that prepatch most likely won't come on July 17th. Don't know if it's true or not though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I read somewhere that prepatch most likely won't come on July 17th. Don't know if it's true or not though.
    Really? That would be strange...but I'm ok with that since I'm still doing some mage tower stuff

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Really? That would be strange...but I'm ok with that since I'm still doing some mage tower stuff
    As I said, don't know it for sure, I think I read it somewhere on Reddit that it most likely won't come next week. But we'll see.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    If you end up subbing just for classic, I'd recommend only getting 1 mo worth, because classic's numbers are going to be the opposite of this guy's sig and it's numbers are going to tank quick when the nostalgia and hype wear off.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    That is a big discussion. Nobody knows if Blizz will keep the faction requirements or change them once BfA launches.
    Why would they have added them only to take them away a few months later? Now they should add options to grind out that rep in current BfA content, but that is a different discussion.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Why would they have added them only to take them away a few months later? Now they should add options to grind out that rep in current BfA content, but that is a different discussion.
    There's been many times over the years Blizzard has added requirements to something and then lessened or removed them later. The Nightfallen rep, for instance, had its storyline gated at certain rep levels. You'd be questing along doing the chain and boom, no more quests until you did enough WQs to reach the next rep threshold. They removed that later so people could do the entire chain in one sitting if they were so disposed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There's been many times over the years Blizzard has added requirements to something and then lessened or removed them later. The Nightfallen rep, for instance, had its storyline gated at certain rep levels. You'd be questing along doing the chain and boom, no more quests until you did enough WQs to reach the next rep threshold. They removed that later so people could do the entire chain in one sitting if they were so disposed.
    That rep was for alts once you had unlocked it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    That rep was for alts once you had unlocked it.
    Ah, I see. Thank you. I don't play alts so sometimes I don't see the whole picture. For instance I've had all my leggos since before ToS opened.

I strongly believe rep requirements will change in bfa NO way they will force people to run legion content for a bfa feature like allied races big selling point

The burning of teldrassil is a limited time only event that awards a mount, if you are interested in that, and getting some practice in with the new class changes that will come with the pre-patch. That's it really.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post

OP: You should come when prepatch comes live. Nice to have learned your new abilities etc before the BfA launch. IMO.