Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People will never agree on the right stance to take on abortion.

The fact is that regardless of the amount of pro-lifers pushing their agenda, people will continue to seek and receive abortions no matter what happens in legislation. There will be a black market, just like there is for drugs.

It's just a matter of if you want women to do it safely or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    Correct. You are letting it die.
    This is interesting....letting your child starve is not killing it?
    Wow.... Way to remove any and all responsibilities from yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    you created a dependency...if you remove said dependency you are responsible for the death
    If I remove a rape fetus from my body and it dies a natural death, I am not responsible for it's death.

If I remove a non-rape fetus from my body and it dies a natural death, I am responsible for it's death.

You seriously think that's how it works?

I, personally, can only kill a fetus via abortion of my pregnancy as long as I was impregnated willingly???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnoozer View Post
    This is interesting....letting your child starve is not killing it?
    Wow.... Way to remove any and all responsibilities from yourself.
    I never said I was not responsible for letting it die. Letting someone die isn't killing them, however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Good luck with that when the authorities come for you.
    They would charge me with neglect, not murder, because I didn't kill it.

Being charged with neglect is when you failed to care for someone that you legally agreed to care for.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-11 at 10:02 PM.

They would charge me with neglect, not murder, because I didn't kill it.

Being charged with neglect is when you failed to care for someone that you legally agreed to care for.
    I doubt you'd only be charged with neglect if you refuse to feed your baby until it dies.

I doubt you'd only be charged with neglect if you refuse to feed your baby until it dies.
    By all means, look it up. You are on the Internet after all.

The key to the charge is legally agreed to care for.

Not one woman legally agrees to care for any of her pregnancies.

Many states have exemptions for religion - if a parent fails to provide medical care to his or her child because of their religious belief, then they will not be found guilty of neglect.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-11 at 10:10 PM.

By all means, look it up. You are on the Internet after all.
    All I can find is manslaughter.

All I can find is manslaughter.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=US+child+neglect+laws

How about actually posting links that work?

How about actually posting links that work?
    Try clicking where it says "click here" in order to search google.

Try clicking where it says "click here" in order to search google.
    I'm just going to assume you can't back up what you said since you can't do anything other than tell me to google it, which resulted in endless pages of news about manslaughter charges.

I'm just going to assume you can't back up your claim.
    Ok. Lots of people like remaining ignorant, it's easier then clicking a google search link. No biggie.

Ok. Lots of people like remaining ignorant, it's easier then clicking a google search link. No biggie.
    You told me to look it up, I looked it up on both google and naver, guess what? Manslaughter charges everywhere.

If I remove a rape fetus from my body and it dies a natural death, I am not responsible for it's death.

If I remove a non-rape fetus from my body and it dies a natural death, I am responsible for it's death.

You seriously think that's how it works?

I, personally, can only kill a fetus via abortion of my pregnancy as long as I was impregnated willingly???
    Exactly! If you aren't responsible for its dependency, you are therefore not responsible for it dying as a result of you removing the dependency. Glad you're finally catching on!

Not one woman legally agrees to care for any of her pregnancies.
    And that's where a core issue lies. Idgaf if you didn't "legally" agree to care for your pregnancy, you agreed when you let that sperm enter your body and did nothing to stop it reaching your egg. That is called responsibility. The fetus also didn't legally give you permission to create it, did it? Legality is not the issue here.

You told me to look it up, I searched for it on both google and naver, guess what? Manslaughter charges everywhere.
    The actual laws in each state? Or just some stories?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it doesn't. It would be that you see a cat on the street and you don't stop or slow down nor try to avoid hitting it because you don't care if you hit it and kill it vs running it over intentionally.
    This is what you said:

I don't really see I'm indifferent if I kill as a result of my actions, I didn't mean to kill as much different than actually doing killing with the intent to kill.
    This literally says there's no difference in being indifferent to accidentally running over a cat and intentionally running over a cat. If you truly can't distinguish between the two, that's disturbing.

Then I'm not killing my baby if I had one if I don't feed it.
    That would actually fall under negligent homicide.

No but forcefully creating a dependency and then removing said dependency is "killing".
    I don't think you understand how "force" works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohnoozer View Post
    Way to remove any and all responsibilities from yourself.
    It usually helps if you understand how the words you're using work before using them.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-07-11 at 10:25 PM.

you agreed when you let that sperm enter your body
    No, I agreed to have sex, not to remain pregnant at your command, sorry!

BTW North Carolina has statutes that can be used in prosecution: "Murder in the second degree if the neglect was particularly severe. [(G.S.) §14-17]"

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    This is what you said:
    Yes, that's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    This literally says there's no difference in being indifferent to accidentally running over a cat and intentionally running over a cat. If you truly can't distinguish between the two, that's disturbing.
    Maybe you'll understand what it says if you read it a third time, because that's not what it says. You're adding the accidentally part yourself.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-11 at 10:27 PM.

BTW North Carolina has statutes that can be used in prosecution: "Murder in the second degree if the neglect was particularly severe. [(G.S.) §14-17]"

All legal cases of neglect are based on failing to care for someone you legally agreed to care for.

No, I agreed to have sex, not to remain pregnant at your command, sorry!
    Again, trying to dodge responsibility for actions. If you agree to an action you agree to any risks involved, including pregnancy. If pregnancy occurs it is because you accepted the risk, meaning you are responsible for the pregnancy, which means you are also responsible if you intentionally end that pregnancy.