Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    trying to dodge responsibility
    I already addressed that false claim, feel free to re-read it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Maybe you'll understand what it says if you read it a third time, because that's not what it says. You're adding the accidentally part yourself.

"Didn't mean to kill" literally means "accidentally".

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Didn't mean to kill" literally means "accidentally".
    You don't accidentally get an abortion just like you don't accidentally don't try to avoid hitting the cat because you don't give a shit if you hit it and kill it or not.

I don't think you understand how "force" works.

It usually helps if you understand how the words you're using work before using them.
    Perhaps "force" is not the technically correct term to use here, sorry if your big brain can't get around that and get the idea. I'll spell it out a little better for you:

You are responsible for the fetus existing, therefore also responsible for it being dependent on you. Consequently you are also responsible if you remove what it is dependent on.

If you aren't responsible for its dependency, you are therefore not responsible for it dying as a result of you removing the dependency.

I can hear your brain cells frying from here trying to retain that logic inside them.

Me removing a fetus from my body that is unable to live outside my body, regardless of why it's in my body, is me letting it die.

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't accidentally get an abortion just like you don't accidentally don't try to avoid hitting the cat because you don't give a shit if you hit it and kill it or not.
    If you didn't intentionally run over the cat, it was accident. That's how those words work. Regardless, there's still a difference between intentionally and unintentionally killing something. Whether or not you care isn't relevant.

Perhaps "force" is not the technically correct term to use here, sorry if your big brain can't get around that and get the idea. I'll spell it out a little better for you:
    Thanks. I don't speak Nonsense.

You are responsible for the fetus existing, therefore also responsible for it being dependent on you. Consequently you are also responsible if you remove what it is dependent on.
    You played a part in the fetus's existence, yes. But what you're responsible for depends on how you decide to handle it. If you decide to abort it, you're responsible for making it happen. If you decide to keep it, you're responsible for caring for it. There is no obligation, moral or otherwise, to allow a fetus come to turn. The logic that because you allowed a pregnancy to occur, that it's your "duty" to allow it to be born and raised is ignorant and infantile.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-07-11 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    All legal cases of neglect are based on failing to care for someone you legally agreed to care for.
    So why did you use "letting a child die is neglect not murder" as a counter to "letting a child die is the same as letting a fetus die"? 1) you could have jumped straight to "i didn't legally agree to care for a fetus" and 2) you were wrong because, as I showed you, death from neglect can be charged as murder.

Responsibility isn't all legal. Just because you don't sign something doesn't mean you aren't to be held responsible. Glad you value the law and signatures more than human life and rights though, eh?

Responsibility isn't all legal.
    It absolutely is all legal. Responsibility is assigned legally. No one can claim someone is responsible for anything without the law or a war to back up their claim.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-11 at 10:43 PM.

If you didn't intentionally run over the cat, it was accident.
    No, accident would be if you tried to avoid or didn't see and hit it. Not if you see it and just wing it and hit it because you don't give a shit.

Me removing
    Those first two words just invalidated your argument. You did not just "let it die", you "removed it" THEN "let it die". AKA you are the reason it died.

- - - Updated - - -

It absolutely is all legal. Responsibility is assigned legally. No one can claim someone is responsible without the law backing them up.
    And this is the place where the line is drawn between moral human beings and those that just go by the letter of the law. I'm sorry your morality relies completely on written documents manufactured by man and not by basic human rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is the place where the line is drawn between moral human beings and those that just go by the letter of the law. I'm sorry your morality relies completely on written documents manufactured by man and not by basic human rights.
    Where do human rights come from, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Human rights doesn't exist outside of man-made laws.

you "removed it"
    Yes, I did. It's my body. Only I decide if anyone has the privilege to use my body.

moral human beings
    What is that? Your opinion, nothing more. Your claims are not inherently true just because you think they are.

As fun as this was, I'mma call it quits. I thought the argument of "it isn't a human yet" was bad enough, but seeing people argue that it is a human and that doesn't change anything is disgusting. What a sad, selfish and irresponsible mentality some people have. Good luck!

selfish
    My body isn't your's to decide it needs to be shared. Take care, now!

7+ Year Old Account
    No, accident would be if you tried to avoid or didn't see and hit it. Not if you see it and just wing it and hit it because you don't give a shit.
    No, "accidental" literally means "unintentional" (lack of intent). If a cat runs out in front of me, I'm not going to intentionally hit it, but I'm not going to risk damaging my car to avoid it, either. My car > your cat. This isn't the same as me intentionally running over your cat.

can we at least agree that this chick is a shit comedian?

No, "accidental" literally means "unintentional" (lack of intent). If a cat runs out in front of me, I'm not going to intentionally hit it, but I'm not going to risk damaging my car to avoid it, either. My car > your cat. This isn't the same as me intentionally running over your cat.
    Do you know what indifference is? Driving your car into a crowd of people because you don't give a shit if they die or not isn't any better than doing so with the intent to kill them. Driving your car into a crowd of people because you don't give a shit is as much of an accident(It's not) as doing so with the intent to kill them.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2018-07-11 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    can we at least agree that this chick is a shit comedian?
    Her "delivery" needs "labor". Ba-dum-tsss.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-07-11 at 11:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what indifference is?
    So now indifference is your argument? In my example, let's say I'm indifferent to the fact that I hit your cat because my car is more important. In fact, my first reaction is to go to the car wash because dead stuff stinks. Even then it's still not comparable to me intentionally running over your cat.