Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    The main difference is that everybody respected Nazgrim for his decision and his loyalty. With Saurfang many people just want to hang him in front of Ogrimmar for incompetence and for quitting like a coward, instead of trying to fix Horde/Orc internal problems as other leaders do for the races they represent.
    I was glad to kill that traitor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    First of all, Garrosh, not Grommash. Secondly, Garrosh explicitly (as per Warhowl) forbade the usage of the Plague. Sylvanas didn't use any plagues. She used an acidic Blight. Garrosh could have been either less explicit in his wording or, if he wanted to keep it that way, tried to be actually accurate about what he was explicit about.
    First off, you could have worded it as "I think you meant Garrosh, not Grommash". You don't need to be douchey when correcting people. I was standing in Grommash Hold when I was typing that out and my brain just kind of cramped up and auto-filled things.

Secondly, I believe this is the bit you are referring to. Bolding the parts that are important here:

General Warhowl says: You sound very confident, your Majesty. I seriously hope you do not plan to use the Plague. Garrosh has explicitly forbidden it.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: You'd do well to watch your tone, General. Neither you nor Garrosh have anything to worry about. We've ceased all production of the Plague, as he ordered. We'd never deploy it without his permission.

General Warhowl says: I will deliver my report to our leader, then. By your leave, my lady.

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Go with honor, General.

Warhowl exits the cathedral.

High Executor Crenshaw says: My Lady! Should I order my men to stop development of the Plague? Or are we to continue as planned?

Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: What kind of question is that? Of course we're deploying the Plague as planned! Let the Gilneans enjoy their small victory. Not even their bones will remain by tomorrow.

High Executor Crenshaw says: As you wish!
    The whole point of that quest, as much as my memories recalls since it's been a fair while since I did that starting zone, leads up to the Gilneans (via the player character) performing a bombing run to prevent them from deploying the plague.

Whether or not she actually deployed the plague or not is irrelevant. She had every intention of it. The Gilneans just robbed her of the chance before she could.

I just imagined outcry if blizzard puts Pandaren on warchief's seat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    it would be better than an elf

I actually like Saurfang very much. I wouldn't mind him as Warchief (come at me haters), and I don't think his decisions as of late are weird. They're understandable. Could it be, perhaps, that the community is observing this mystical phenomenon called Character Development?

Not that I think Blizz writers are amazing (they aren't) but maybe they're leading this story somewhere.

By the way, we seriously need brand new lore characters in both Horde and Alliance. Lately we have fewer and fewer of those.

Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    Knowing Blizzard's concept of Honour and morally grey this will end up happening. Why can't Horde players be straight up evil? Whats wrong with murdering innocent unarmed Night Elf civilians and enslaving the survivors?

that's why we need a third faction with farsaken and all merciless race. some player love to plays the bady it's totaly ok. but the Horde are not the bady in warcraft post second war.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I was glad to kill that traitor.
    Traitor? Nazgrim gave his life for his warchief. That's all a warrior can do and its what Saurfang should do for Sylvannas!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd die if this happened

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the difference is Garrosh took a war when it was going on, sylvanas started one
    Garrosh rekindled the conflict after a supposed truce (occurring after Varian's declaration but still a truce it was) where Sylvanas escalated a conflict that was bound to erupt at some point, given the growing tensions between the factions and, most importantly, the surfacing of Azerite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    “It’s ok when garrosh did it “ has always been one of the greatest Sylvanas arguments ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Mudmug will always be my warchief.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Garrosh rekindled the conflict after a supposed truce (occurring after Varian's declaration but still a truce it was) where Sylvanas escalated a conflict that was bound to erupt at some point, given the growing tensions between the factions and, most importantly, the surfacing of Azerite.
    well she did start a war, thats a fact stated by herself

Garrosh took a war going on, he just escalated in a big lv, skirmishes among night elve sand orcs happened and the embargo was going on

i jut pointed out the differences of how things started

snip
    I don't know the full context of this conversation, but I just want to chime in to say these maps are hilariously inaccurate. Using achievements to draw a map is already suspect, but whoever made this map did a poor job of interpreting their own source. There was no data that confirmed or even implied the Alliance owns Bulkwark or Deathknell let alone all of Tirisfal. There was no reason to believe the Horde hasn't retained Silverpine and Hillsbrad Foothills. Soutshore should also be contested.

We were also told in-game that the Horde conquered Ashenvale, the Alliance reclaimed Astranaar in their questing and Stardust if you believe mission tables, but everything else should be red.

I'm sure there are more flaws, those are just the ones I noticed right away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ello View Post
    I'm sure there are more flaws, those are just the ones I noticed right away.
    i hope it is wrong too, this is messed up, it was made by red-shirt guy, he claimed that wa the actuallw ar efort, with the battles, quests and outposts

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    well she did start a war, thats a fact stated by herself

Garrosh took a war going on, he just escalated in a big lv, skirmishes among night elve sand orcs happened and the embargo was going on

i jut pointed out the differences of how things started
    No, the war wasn't going on. There wasn't "peace" but a truce is still a truce, it means there is no war raging. Regardless of what Sylvanas says, that was more than what we had now, since there was no "truce" after Genn literally tried to kill the Warchief in Stormheim. We could also add that Sylvanas has been way less interested in war and violence, given her intended plan for Teldrassil, and the war raging on in BfA is a consequence of that plan going to shit. Still, that's another matter anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No, the war wasn't going on. There wasn't "peace" but a truce is still a truce, it means there is no war raging. Regardless of what Sylvanas says, that was more than what we had now, since there was no "truce" after Genn literally tried to kill the Warchief in Stormheim. We could also add that Sylvanas has been way less interested in war and violence, given her intended plan for Teldrassil, and the war raging on in BfA is a consequence of that plan going to shit. Still, that's another matter anyway.
    come on, you are just being seletive, 2 weights two 2 measures

"garroh start"
    >when the conflicts were going on already

"sylvans didn't start"
    >when there was not conflict post the stormheim incident, no conflicts like before and she stated herself he did started the war, you are trying to refute her

Saurfang already met a horrible fate: The current Blizzard writers got ahold of him. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I get Saurfang way of thinking, was it wrong? Most likely (I mean... he was already that far into the mud, that you cannot just simply say "i quit"), but that does not mean i want him dead, i would like to see Thrall and Saurfang reunite and discuss this whole honor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    Traitor? Nazgrim gave his life for his warchief. That's all a warrior can do and its what Saurfang should do for Sylvannas!
    The horde isn't the Warchief. Nazgrim chose Garrosh over the horde and now Saurfang is choosing to mope in a dungeon over the horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I get Saurfang way of thinking, was it wrong? Most likely (I mean... he was already that far into the mud, that you cannot just simply say "i quit"), but that does not mean i want him dead, i would like to see Thrall and Saurfang reunite and discuss this whole honor thing.
    A cheater in Mak'gora, and a old warrior that likes a prison more then the battlefield.
    Those guys are the last Orcs that need to discuss honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    A cheater in Mak'gora, and a old warrior that likes a prison more then the battlefield.
    Those guys are the last Orcs that need to discuss honor.
    he sound like a garrosh lover by your claim that thrall cheated when he didnt.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor