Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Therefore it is a fact. Again, look at the beta class design feedback and you tell me. People like me who are passionate about playstyles and the feel of the class. Join a discord of any class and have discussions, I am sure a good chunk would agree with what I said that "class design is at its worst in all of the years of WOW", or something along those lines.

Class design is subjective, yes, but having been in these discussions and providing feedback since BFA alpha, I am starting to believe that class design is ran by a bunch of people who have no passion towards class design.

Even Ion stated back in the recent QnA that shamans and spriests are getting "adjusted" or "fixed" in 8.1. That tells me that shaman and spriests are not functioning mechanically.
    You are sure of nothing. You do not speak for anyone.

But judging by your posts here I think it's safe to say I shouldn't give you the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Therefore it is a fact. Again, look at the beta class design feedback and you tell me. People like me who are passionate about playstyles and the feel of the class. Join a discord of any class and have discussions, I am sure a good chunk would agree with what I said that "class design is at its worst in all of the years of WOW", or something along those lines.

Class design is subjective, yes, but having been in these discussions and providing feedback since alpha, I am starting to believe that class design is ran by a bunch of people who have no passion towards class design.

Even Ion stated back in the recent QnA that shamans and spriests are getting "adjusted" or "fixed" in 8.1. That tells me that shaman and spriests are not functioning mechanically.
    Of course the Beta forums are a negative cesspool, as basically the only people who really feel that way are the one's posting.

The people that are happy or don't care aren't really going to leap to the forums to say "Hey Blizzard, class looks good - thanks"

That's not how it really works. Reading a minuscule amount of the playerbase feedback on the beta Forums and you taking that as "Class Design is hated by everyone" is naive.

The same stuff happens every expansion without fail.

7+ Year Old Account
    The happy place inside your soul, oh wait..
    It's not an opinion, its a fact.
    I think that BFA will be the WOD 2.0 to which the subscriber count will drop substantially..... again!
    First off: WOD 2.0, can happen but is unlikely now since there at least is something to do, unlike WOD where you could log in, log out, and have heroic raid gear.

Second: Subscriber numbers will drop, but I think the most "Casual" players have left the game in WOD 1.0. It is a natural proces for any machine, product or game to lose it's "magic" at a certain point.

WoW certainly has passed it's point of excellence but there are points of brilliance and resurgence. (Legion)

Also, It happens every xpack.
    Last edited by DRenziboy; 2018-07-12 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think there is any official confirmation of this, I do think it's got to be 17th. If not, then it's going to be the shortest pre-patch they've ever done, and there's inevitably going to be weird bugs to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    This is the disease on most forums these days. If it’s not what I believe, let’s make the other person feel like shit. Don’t let anyone stop you from voicing your opinion.
    Right you are. Nobody should let this type of poster get to them.

That doesn't mean critics should be unwelcome. There's tons of things to criticize about WoW. But throwing a salty tantrum is of no interest to anybody.

I'm going to assume you play demo lock, survival hunter, or fury warrior. Probably the only "playable" classes coming BFA.

Haha!!! you're funny. New content, new features, and new races sound really nice, but in reality....

Class design is going down the drain, get ready to lose your artifact traits, legendaries, and set bonuses!

Again, I still don't understand how people are excited for 8.0 or BFA, you're literately losing about 30% of your passives, spells, and talents and gain virtually nothing in return. Azerite armor is a garbage concept that's supposed to replace all of your missing spells/passives/etc.

I can't wait for the prepatch, the day you will finally quit the game so I don't have to read these posts from you. This is like the 7th expansion of the game, change will occur. If you don't like it you can quit, but I'm sure you will still get it, sub for a year and at least that helps Blizzard keep this game alive. Cheers to you!

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    I can't wait for the prepatch, the day you will finally quit the game so I don't have to read these posts from you. This is like the 7th expansion of the game, change will occur. If you don't like it you can quit, but I'm sure you will still get it, sub for a year and at least that helps Blizzard keep this game alive. Cheers to you!
    And stick around just enough time to claim the sky is falling and wow is dead for expansion #8

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My dude, it's a second life to me with 10 years invested into it. It's disheartening to watch the game i loved since I was a kid become an absolute meme.
    Can't wait to see wow burn into the ground
    The only meme here is you

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You are sure of nothing. You do not speak for anyone.
    I speak of those who love and care for class design. I've played since BC and over the years I've never felt that classes weren't crap. Every expansion was exciting, you got new talents, new abilities, a new form of character progression, etc.

BFA is a different story.

Ever since WOD came around, blizzard began this process called "pruning" in which useless or not often used abilities were removed. And I actually agreed on that process since we had a lot of abilities, some that served no purpose. This process has been carried on towards legion and was somewhat tolerable, but hoping it was to make room for more abilities.

Now coming BFA, blizzard is pruning classes.... again! For the 3rd expansion in a row. No new talents, no new abilities, we lose all of our passive traits, we lose set bonuses. There is nothing to look forward to in this expansion.

"Then don't play". Like I said, I moved on.

Anyways, if you guys enjoy playing your classes coming BFA, then.... that's just sad.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2018-07-12 at 12:21 AM.

I've played since BC and over the years I've never felt that classes weren't crap.
    Well, that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Of course the Beta forums are a negative cesspool, as basically the only people who really feel that way are the one's posting.

The people that are happy or don't care aren't really going to leap to the forums to say "Hey Blizzard, class looks good - thanks"
    You would be surprised that not all forums posts are not all "negative" and "whining". The shaman feedback thread is a big one, mixed of negativity, genuine feedback, likes, and dislikes.

Believe it or not, posting on the beta feedback forums displays the fact that you care.... just a little bit about X and Y whether it involves bugs, items, dungeons, class design, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    That's not how it really works. Reading a minuscule amount of the playerbase feedback on the beta Forums and you taking that as "Class Design is hated by everyone" is naive.
    The feedback on the forums represents a portion of the playerbase that are really concerned about their classes. Class design is indeed becoming hateful for those who really care for the whole QOL of their character.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2018-07-12 at 12:29 AM.

I speak of those who love and care for class design. I've played since BC and over the years I've never felt that classes weren't crap. Every expansion was exciting, you got new talents, new abilities, a new form of character progression, etc.

BFA is a different story.

Ever since WOD came around, blizzard began this process called "pruning" in which useless or not often used abilities were removed. And I actually agreed on that process since we had a lot of abilities, some that served no purpose. This process has been carried on towards legion and was somewhat tolerable, but hoping it was to make room for more abilities.

Now coming BFA, blizzard is pruning classes.... again! For the 3rd expansion in a row. No new talents, no new abilities, we lose all of our passive traits, we lose set bonuses. There is nothing to look forward to in this expansion.

"Then don't play". Like I said, I moved on.

Anyways, if you guys enjoy playing your classes coming BFA, then.... that's just sad.
    The only sad thing here is you. Clearly you haven't moved on if you're here on your free time lurking on a mainly WoW forum website complaining about an expansion for a game you don't play anymore. You're a meme dude.

*Checks the armory links in his signature, sure sure he definitely moved on. /s
    Last edited by cLax0n; 2018-07-12 at 12:29 AM.

I've already moved on from WoW but it's always interesting to see how easily threads on this forum seem to derail into "WoW is dead," circlejerks. WoW isn't dying; I came to terms with it awhile ago... I'm simply not in its demographic anymore. Many of the people claiming it's dead are having to come to terms with this fact. The game has steadfastly changed directions to appease a very different group of players than it did a decade ago at its peak.

And while I don't agree with the direction its developers taken the game on a deeply personal level, I've found it isn't very effective to sulk about something that Blizzard obviously has no intention to change any time soon.

c'est la vie.

- - - Updated - - -

The only sad thing here is you. Clearly you haven't moved on if you're here on your free time lurking on a mainly WoW forum website complaining about an expansion for a game you don't play anymore. You're a meme dude.
    LOL! And gatekeeping on an internet fan message board for a game where people slay internet dragons for imaginary loot is any less meme worthy?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2018-07-12 at 12:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be surprised that not all forums posts are not all "negative" and "whining". The shaman feedback thread is a big one, mixed of negativity, genuine feedback, likes, and dislikes.

Believe it or not, posting on the beta feedback forums displays the fact that you care.... just a little bit about X and Y whether it involves bugs, items, dungeons, class design, etc.
    But yet you come here and want to post your opinion as fact. And you're terribly negative. I think there is a certain group of you that just live to post on various forum threads and try to post doom and gloom....but nah...not working. Please step to the back of the line..............next!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I reckon it will be the 17th too, four weeks for prepatch is a good length of time

*Checks the armory links in his signature, sure sure he definitely moved on. /s
    My game time expired months ago, trying to provide feedback and do all of blizzard's work and getting nothing in return has caused me to lose interest in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    ya that post just says soon.....no actual dates. Wait for official confirmation people. With dates.
    They never give a date, it's just 2 resets from that point onward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I'm one of those delusional people I really have a gut feeling that it's the 24th.
    Better go see a doctor because something is wrong with your gut.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an opinion, its a fact.

If you were to read the beta feedback forums, you would probably understand the frustration we have towards the class design team.
    It's very often that the most dissatisfied people are the most vocal. I doubt the frustration being voiced is an accurate representation of the WoW communities PoV as a whole. An excellent example of this is any customer service field. If something goes wrong everyone is more than willing to bitch at a manager, but when everything goes well (or even exceeds expectations for that matter) how often do people ask for the manager to give praise.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    ya that post just says soon.....no actual dates. Wait for official confirmation people. With dates.
    Um no. The "PVP Season ending soon" has always been the 2 week warning. It's the official 2 week end notice. Patch will be 7/17. Don't be dumb

Enjoy your class changes..... lol.

I don't understand how people are so hyped up for 8.0.
    I cant wait class changes are what makes a new expac interesting along with the world. And I have mained a Forsaken lock for 14 years so I have seen plenty of changes.