Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    This might seem out of the blue, but does anyone know if the current Allied Races will require 120 to unlock their heritage armor when Pre-patch hits?
    Wowhead doesn't show any changes, so I'd assume no.

This might seem out of the blue, but does anyone know if the current Allied Races will require 120 to unlock their heritage armor when Pre-patch hits?
    Blizzard said in a post that I can't find that Legion Allied Races would require 110 to unlock their heritage armor, however the allied races in bfa will require 120.
    Last edited by Bsirk; 2018-07-12 at 12:08 AM. Reason: grammar

As far as I recall ever reading, it's 110 for all allied races, including Zanda/KT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    however the allied races in bfa will require 120.
    Can you source this for me, please. I have never seen them say anything other than 110.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Can you source this for me, please. I have never seen them say anything other than 110.
    https://imgur.com/a/fXOnn8f

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Sam View Post
    Thanks! I don't mind that, personally, but I do not like to make assumptions without seeing it first. So for my Zanda, I only have to level 100 levels, and I get it. Legion will be nice and quick to level through thanks to the demon invasions.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine that they'll make boosted characters count as something other than a newly created character, but since there probably won't be any 120 boosts until pre-orders for the next expansion, could you boost a Maghar or Zandalari and just get it to 120 from 110 for the Heritage armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I'd imagine that they'll make boosted characters count as something other than a newly created character, but since there probably won't be any 120 boosts until pre-orders for the next expansion, could you boost a Maghar or Zandalari and just get it to 120 from 110 for the Heritage armor?
    Nope, why would that even work? You used a boost on it. I'm sure it flags them as ineligible if a boost is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you already can skip either outlands or NR atm xD

And ive heard it only take a few hours to go from 70 to 80 by only doing the karazan raid trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post

And ive heard it only take a few hours to go from 70 to 80 by only doing the karazan raid trash.
    good luck doing that in 8.0 friendo

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Any official word yet?
    no, and i highly doubt that'd be the case anyway. just wishful thoughts of a better, slightly salty, future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post

i've heard about the karazhan thing, idk how to do it though. sitting there for hours killing the same things doesn't exactly sound like the most appealing thing either.

Thanks I am Sam for the confirmation. I knew I had read it somewhere. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've heard about the karazhan thing, idk how to do it though. sitting there for hours killing the same things doesn't exactly sound like the most appealing thing either.
    You hit 73 (some might try at 72, but that's mostly tanks in good gear with enchants, 73 is safer), you go to Kara, you run a circle clearing trash without killing bosses (eg, stables before Attumen, his horse is yellow, just don't engage it -> up into the kitchen -> into the hall before Moroes -> into the opera lounge -> back and into the corridors before the maiden, you might want to skip this part until 74-75 because the trash there CCs a lot, it's just slow until you start two-shotting -> down into the rooms with the bats and spiders -> out of the raid). Then you reset and repeat. A single circle takes something like 15 minutes and you are gaining slightly less than a level. This is several times faster than questing so you likely won't die of boredom and be thrilled at the experience bar going fast. The fun stops at, I think, 81. (And then you go do something until 83, then do the main chain in Uldum until Defense of Nahom, and then you can grind that Defense of Nahom quest without completing it until 90 - unless they nerfed that already. This is much more boring than Kara, but twice faster than questing.)

So we're all still assuming patch is out this week?

I don't know why Blizzard don't just announce a release date for it, especially knowing that people are trying to cram in MT Challenges before it hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You hit 73 (some might try at 72, but that's mostly tanks in good gear with enchants, 73 is safer), you go to Kara, you run a circle clearing trash without killing bosses (eg, stables before Attumen, his horse is yellow, just don't engage it -> up into the kitchen -> into the hall before Moroes -> into the opera lounge -> back and into the corridors before the maiden, you might want to skip this part until 74-75 because the trash there CCs a lot, it's just slow until you start two-shotting -> down into the rooms with the bats and spiders -> out of the raid). Then you reset and repeat. A single circle takes something like 15 minutes and you are gaining slightly less than a level. This is several times faster than questing so you likely won't die of boredom and be thrilled at the experience bar going fast. The fun stops at, I think, 81. (And then you go do something until 83, then do the main chain in Uldum until Defense of Nahom, and then you can grind that Defense of Nahom quest without completing it until 90 - unless they nerfed that already. This is much more boring than Kara, but twice faster than questing.)

PRetty much what I did. It was all pretty quick until I hit Draenor. Draenor is really easy with flying but without is a pain to level up in.

Once hitting legion I "farmed" 8 alts from 100 to 110 at the same time. Each time an invasion was up I just ran them all through it one by one. It was boring, but I got all my alts to 110 within a week.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish Blizzard updated the Vanilla Mounts for the playable races, and make them HD like the Vicious ones...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    PRetty much what I did. It was all pretty quick until I hit Draenor. Draenor is really easy with flying but without is a pain to level up in.
    Yup. When talking about Draenor people usually mention flying between treasures and bonus objectives plus the obvious garrison XP potion, but here is an additional advice that complements all that and works even if you don't have flying: go to Gorgrond as soon as you get a quest for it and complete all quests there. For some reason, Gorgrond quests plain give more XP.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, regarding this hilarious wowhead article on "all" the artifact traits that are "returning" in BFA desperately trying to paint a pig into a beauty.

I said that their lists were tellingly small with like 3-4 things "returned" for each spec out of 30 removed (they are counting small things like traits, there are lots of them). I also laughed at their example list on Guardian which consists of a single item, there are more lists like that:

* Skysec's Hold effect was improved and became the new effect for Frenzied Regeneration.

But what escaped me at the time is that right in this item above they are trying to say that the new Frenzied Regeneration is somehow improved Skysec's Hold. As in, along the same lines, but somehow better. The truth is that the new Frenzied Regeneration is a NERF OVER the former Frenzied Regeneration EVEN WITHOUT accounting for Skysec's Hold. This new "effect" that they are calling an improvement is a nerf, you get healed for less. And if we compare not just the old ability vs the new ability, but the old ability plus the big increase from Skysec's Hold vs the new ability, this becomes a complete farce.

So, not only is this article trying to spin the prune as not a prune by listing the few kept things and not listing the many removed things. They also mischaracterize what happened right inside their lists.

Pathetic shills.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-07-12 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine still thinking that the majority of Blizzard's skill pruning is bad halfway through 2018.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    Wowhead doesn't show any changes, so I'd assume no.
    Thanks. was just asking since a lot of achievements that require you to cap a toon automatically update to the next cap when pre-patch hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. was just asking since a lot of achievements that require you to cap a toon automatically update to the next cap when pre-patch hits.
    It'd be silly if they made the four Legion races requirements 120 instead of 110. Chances are they'll continue to follow through with the requirements for each expansion. Meaning all of the Legion races will be 110, all of the current BFA races and future onces will be 120, and all of the later expansion ones will be 130 (or whatever the next level cap is), at least for the armors.

Also as a side note, it's not that the max level achievements (generally) aren't updated, but they just add a new "meta" achievement for the new level cap.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-07-12 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yup. When talking about Draenor people usually mention flying between treasures and bonus objectives plus the obvious garrison XP potion, but here is an additional advice that complements all that and works even if you don't have flying: go to Gorgrond as soon as you get a quest for it and complete all quests there. For some reason, Gorgrond quests plain give more XP.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, regarding this hilarious wowhead article on "all" the artifact traits that are "returning" in BFA desperately trying to paint a pig into a beauty.

I said that their lists were tellingly small with like 3-4 things "returned" for each spec out of 30 removed (they are counting small things like traits, there are lots of them). I also laughed at their example list on Guardian which consists of a single item, there are more lists like that:

* Skysec's Hold effect was improved and became the new effect for Frenzied Regeneration.

But what escaped me at the time is that right in this item above they are trying to say that the new Frenzied Regeneration is somehow improved Skysec's Hold. As in, along the same lines, but somehow better. The truth is that the new Frenzied Regeneration is a NERF OVER the former Frenzied Regeneration EVEN WITHOUT accounting for Skysec's Hold. This new "effect" that they are calling an improvement is a nerf, you get healed for less. And if we compare not just the old ability vs the new ability, but the old ability plus the big increase from Skysec's Hold vs the new ability, this becomes a complete farce.

So, not only is this article trying to spin the prune as not a prune by listing the few kept things and not listing the many removed things. They also mischaracterize what happened right inside their lists.

Pathetic shills.
    funny how offended you are making a mountain out of a molehill. the fact is that patch is coming out this week or next, so people might want to know things about the patch, and most people know artifact abilities are going away but they might not know that some of those things are getting baked into the basic class.

like you know wowhead owes blizzard nothing? you know they dont work for them? They are literally just putting out a small article listing facts and then you got some conspiracy theory that blizzard is trying to 'paint a pig" or whatever.

this is why nobody listens to you people. we can handle actual criticism,

but you sound like a flat earther
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Can we assume pre patch will drop on 17th still ? Asking since they still haven't given an official end date for the current pvp season