Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    They removed hit/exp at the same time they removed reforging.
    That's one thing I agree on. They announced reforging as a way to customize your character, but it became another min/max tool centered around hit and expertise. When they removed hit and expertise I was thinking to myself "nice, reforging can finally be the customization thing they wanted it to be." But they removed it.

Btw what do you mean by 'wrong stats'? Do you mean anything that doesn't have the two best stats for your current spec? I remember a ret pally who was in my guild around the time HFC came out, and he went on a rip snorting swearing frothing rampage when he found out the legendary ring was going to have versatility, which was ret's worst stat. I plugged his character into AMR and it weighted vers like 0.03% behind the second stat, and all within 0.10% of each other. But that was enough for him. Needless to say he wasn't in the guild long.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Every spec differs but for Havoc if something didn't have Crit in Legion it is vendor trash. Immediately. Some specs stats are weighted so heavily one way and they must meet certain break points.

That's what I mean about them contradicting themselves. They removed reforging and the problem they cited with it in the same swoop.

Then they release something that is infinitely similar but worse in the NLC.

It was almost comical.
    Crit being utterly useless is something they need to work on. Back in late MoP haste was so bad for feral I kept using a normal ToT piece until I got my hands on a hasteless heroic SoO piece.

What was the problem with reforging again that they removed along with it? I must keep missing that point.

I disagree that reforging and the NLC are much alike. The only similarity they have is you might need to do some simming depending on how strong traits are for your class and the item level difference. Ferals had a trait that, before it was nerfed in the NH patch, was worth 32 ilvls.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It's going to get annoying very quickly when raids open and you get new gear that you won't be able to use for weeks until you can unlock the traits at the slow ass grindy pace of getting AP.

Things they cited removing reforging:

Didn't like players using an Add-On to auto reforge to ideal stats.
    Didn't like that it was automatically used for hitting hit/exp caps.
    Didn't like that you had to visit an NPC before you could use a drop. Sometimes mid raid.

So...

They removed hit/exp.
    They added NLC where you just auto sim the traits. (once you plug the item in it's un-tradeable too)
    For NLC you must visit an NPC to use the item. Sometimes mid raid.

It's either hilarious or it's a disgrace. Pick one.
    The whole "leaving midraid thing", that seems like a wannabe hardcore personal problem to me. Like the interview with Method when they got asked if they rerolled their characters if their first two leggos weren't good and answered with no. With reforging you literally couldn't use a new piece without most likely screwing up your hit and expertise caps and suffering huge dps hits.

Secondly you hardly need to sim every time you get a new relic. You've simmed in the past so you know how valuable each trait is. Ilvl + 2nd row + 3rd row and compare. No third party website or addon needed.

"Hilarious or disgrace?" Seriously man. Every single comment you make after you're done making your points, whether I agree with them or not, you feel the need to throw in some personal attack.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Game isn't even live yet. OP already calling it an unsuccessful system having seen m+ and possibly first raid tier Azerite items. Somehow i'm not surprised.

I think they will fix whatever problems it will have like they sort of did with both Artifact weapons and Legendaries. But no one will remember how shit those 2 were at launch.
    Beta is roughly covering live game for how many months? When the expansion itself is not free, subscription itself is technically not free (at least most people still pay traditionally). How can you downplay / deny people who judge the game by beta? what do you mean you are not surprised ironically? That people are careful to spend money?

the problem with artifact weapon ISN'T that those trait are relatively no fun, but you have to grind it during the first raid (while the raid itself is not balanced around having you max the trait).
    the problem with legendary is NEVER that the DPS lego itself is not fun, the mix and match is fun for a lot of spec throughout the expansion (the problem is the method to acquire them is random).

That does not justify removing all of them and replacing them with lame stuff. Do you know what a "fix" is?
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-07-12 at 02:25 AM.

People will QQ about how lame and boring it is, they will try to spice it a bit up in later patches though but I think it's gonna get axed next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    People will QQ about how lame and boring it is, they will try to spice it a bit up in later patches though but I think it's gonna get axed next expansion.
    Of course it will be axed next expansion, every expansion-long project is abandoned once the expansion is over, we’ll have to pour all the accumulated Azerite back into Azeroth to save the world or something (So pretty much a redo of how we lose the weapons), and then we’ll get a legendary trinket to farm McGuffin points for next... :3

I just don't know why they didn't build upon the Legion artifact system with armour instead of weapons. They had a good working UI and the artifact trait trees were maybe one of the best class developing features in years. Instead of limiting it to three specific armour pieces they just could have make it for all armour you wear and just make it dependent on the necklace and not any other slots.

The system as it is now is build to fail, not just because it is super boring but it's overall design quality is very low.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Garbage system,complete failure
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, been trying this system out for almost 3 months. It's a horrible and slow grind, even slower than Legion AP. I pretty much gave up on it since the 50% increase... Level 16 to 17 costs about 17,000 AP and you get 300AP from the daily heroic dungeon...

It's not going anywhere for BfA that is for sure. The entire expac is built around azerite gear so they will beat a square peg into a round hole if they need to but we are stuck with it. While we may be stuck with it, I think the, get item, grind points, upgrade system will be scrapped after BfA. I think that by the time this expansion is over people will be so fed up with grinding for point for an item you never change that Blizzard will need to swap to something new. I also think it gets scrapped because it's going to create a balancing nightmare like we have never seen.

Also I think once people find out Tier is completely gone there is going to be a pretty big back lash against azerite gear from that alone. Lots of people look forward to collecting those things that I think they end up adding some sets late in the expansion that have bonuses and things just to try and stem the tide of hate from it.

Finally I think both WQ's and the Islands are both going to end up needing to be bolstered for people to keep at them, so I look for a paragon system of some kind coming in or some kind of random loot box with special things coming from the Island to get people to do them. Basically what they ended up needing to do with scenarios because they were just unused essentially.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll play out like AP did. It'll start ho-hum, then in 8.2 they'll double down with some extra slots and a level cap raise on it, and then in 8.3 they'll add some totally new, tangentially-related system, and then Blizzcon 2019 they'll announce that Azerite will not follow us forward into 9.0 and instead that tangentially-related system is getting promoted to new gimmick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    It'll be dropped and we'll see a return to proper tier sets in 8.2

Hopefully...

#Wonderdog