Deleted

Guess the WoW location

Just a fun mini-game.
    Post your best results.
    http://www.kruithne.net/where-in-warcraft/

8 successful rounds with an accuracy of 71%

Not bad!

I got 47 rounds with 89%. Struggling internally whether that means I've played too much, or haven't played well enough...
    Last edited by Jorgee; 2018-07-11 at 02:44 AM. Reason: 47, not 44

My best result was like 21 correct, but most of my tries are nowhere near that... After WotLK I haven't played Horde and I also haven't explored the revised old-world thoroughly. I often fail at Lost Isles, Ashenvale and Silverpine locations.

Even though maybe one world might rather be forgotten, I kinda wish Outland/Draenor were included here too.

10+ Year Old Account

Eh, could've done better. Got 2 stupid deaths and one in Ashenvale which I haven't really done since Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    I got 47 rounds with 89%. Struggling internally whether that means I've played too much, or haven't played well enough...
    Got fooled all three times for by an Alliance only area. A cave in Westfall, a naga shrine on Bloodmyst, and a human and dwarf who fight in the inn in Lakeshire. 30 rounds.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Got fooled all three times for by an Alliance only area. A cave in Westfall, a naga shrine on Bloodmyst, and a human and dwarf who fight in the inn in Lakeshire. 30 rounds.
    I got fooled by the same naga shrine! It was the one that did me in x_x. I also lost a life on a random spider-infested camp in the Searing Gorge, and Nectar Breeze Orchard in the Jade Forest because I confused it for another spring-blossom-esque area on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    I got fooled by the same naga shrine! It was the one that did me in x_x. I also lost a life on a random spider-infested camp in the Searing Gorge, and Nectar Breeze Orchard in the Jade Forest because I confused it for another spring-blossom-esque area on the map.
    Yeah, thought that shrine was on the tip of Azshara, also has that orange/autumny background color.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Exceeed View Post
    Just a fun mini-game.
    Post your best results.
    http://www.kruithne.net/where-in-warcraft/
    Really neat and fun game 10/10

10+ Year Old Account

Final one that killed me was the Deathknight starting area town.

Other than that, I completely missplaced a cave in Twilight Highlands (thinking it was one of the dragon ones above Suramar) as well as a Tol Barad one that I thought was on the coast of Gilneas.

Got really lucky with an Isle of Thunder one which was close enough to being a guess.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-07-15 at 04:09 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

This is awesome. Did you make this, op?

Deleted
    am i doing something wrong? or are you guys really able to select the exact pin-point location on the minimap? i know where the most locations are, but if im like 2milimeters away from the exact spot, its a wrong answer.

alright, getting a hang of it. helps alot knowing that you can turn the camera and zoom in on map. best try so far is 39 correct answers 84% accuracy.. some inn on the pandaren turtle isle got me.. i havnt played pandaren much.

fun game for us wow nerds
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2018-07-15 at 06:02 AM.

no more lives... FeelsBadMan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality thread and a fun distraction for us wow nerds