Poll: Levelling as...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was running aff with AC / PS, and you have an absurd amount of damage from 110 -> 116 (especially with current 965+ ilvl). Everything is instant cast, and PS basically heals you for whatever you end up getting chunked for on HP. I started finally using blueberry around 115 (things start to hit a bit harder) and it was fine.

After the slow ring stops working you basically have to start running as Destro, Aff just doesn't deal the damage after this point. I've found destro much better than demo just because you can burst things down much quicker. Demo is like a water drip that you slowly turn on, where as destro actually has the burst.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    In the end everyone is but 1 buttonclick away from changing spec again… so fun times

Affli pretty much been best to level with since TBC and I don't expect that has changed, SL and Voidwalker Bro dot dot run.

Aff until I can’t just mobile multi dot and loot a rang every thing then probably destro. If I end up with friends definitely destro. Demo feels like they need to split the difference between pre nerf and current.

For sure pets get wrecked at higher levels even with demon skin. Why havoc and burst helps quite a bit. Even if FG is identical to live he just gets kicked around pretty hard whatever the reason. I don’t recall pets getting torn up this badly early in other expacs so I’m not 100% sure the “get moar gear” works as a blanket answer. It is just how things are tuned and we are far enough in I would expect it’s pretty final.

Plus I’d still expect a serious round of nerfs and tweaks before we level. War mode is new permutations on leveling. Get ready for gank squads...especially around contested “fetch quest” areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dont believe i implied you did either?
    Implication was the quote. We can leave it there, I suppose you don't get to 10k posts in just 5 years by only addressing the statements that people actually make.

OT - interesting replies, cool to see a decent spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Demo but I haven't tried new Demo yet. This is the only class in the game where I like every spec so who knows.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2018-07-11 at 08:09 PM.

Have there been any pre-patch sims done? I checked out simcraft but didnt see any posted. Normally it seemed like someone there was doing them every few weeks for the past xpacks the closer it got to a release lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    IIRC theres a big bunch of sims in the work that will be up on LOSS by Tuesdayish. Theres been a huge delay in getting these because of a lot of tuning adjustments that kept happening over the past few weeks. Things finally settled down and they are now force feeding Gahddo mangos to get us some sims.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Implication was the quote. We can leave it there, I suppose you don't get to 10k posts in just 5 years by only addressing the statements that people actually make.
    A lot of that was just back when the flying vs no flying debate first started up. Was a very active time, that thread had tens of thousands of replies.

Also back during mop when this sub was just... better... and there were lots of people to have fun convos with. Miss those days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    IIRC theres a big bunch of sims in the work that will be up on LOSS by Tuesdayish. Theres been a huge delay in getting these because of a lot of tuning adjustments that kept happening over the past few weeks. Things finally settled down and they are now force feeding Gahddo mangos to get us some sims.
    They gonna maintain LOSS? Last I heard it was getting dropped, didn't hear anything after that though and don't really bother keeping up with the discord since its... yeah...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'll probably switch specs quite a bit and enjoy not paying the huge artifact power penalty.

They gonna maintain LOSS? Last I heard it was getting dropped, didn't hear anything after that though and don't really bother keeping up with the discord since its... yeah...
    Was it perhaps the 1st April you happened to visit last?

I spend a fair bit of time on the Discord so I am biased though it is usually EU late morning and afternoon and not during the busy hours. I cannot deny there are toxic and blunt people but isn't that going to happen in any large community? Perhaps the people you did not like have moved on?

On the flip side there is also a lot of interesting conversation and many helpful people give up hours of them time every day to advise others.

Anyhow, I take what works and leave what doesn't and plan to keep on doing what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Was it perhaps the 1st April you happened to visit last?
    Don't believe so, but either way happy to hear its staying up. Great resource for folks.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I've always found Affliction to be the fastest levelling spec. Just mass dot everything and collect the loot. Voidwalker can AoE tank most mobs and never any issues with elite mobs

Like Terryn said, Aff with Nightfall and AC/slow ring till 116 and then Destro.
    Pulling everything in sight with an instant cast is the best QoL thing I can imagine during leveling/wq's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    Like Terryn said, Aff with Nightfall and AC/slow ring till 116 and then Destro.
    Pulling everything in sight with an instant cast is the best QoL thing I can imagine during leveling/wq's.
    Yeah, kinda the only thing I miss in the Demo toolkit is an instant cast spell to pull the world. Doom does it, but the change from 20s to 30s and no talent to reduce it... makes it meh.

Don't believe so, but either way happy to hear its staying up. Great resource for folks.
    I agree so much. There is a lot of incorrect info out there and it can be hard for new or more casual locks to know what is safe to follow.

I am sorry that the Lock Discord ever has a negative effect on some people and especially when it turns away people like you.

Felguard's axe toss combined with Sephuz looks pretty good too. Although you could probably get by just fine with the shadowfury cd talent.

Deleted
    I'm just looking forward to being able to switch specs without being penalized for a change.

Used to always level as demo when realm firsts were still a thing and it did me justice then - feels like it's gained way too much ramp over the years though - probably going to give it a miss for leveling this time. I look forward to trying affliction, but destruction with pvp talents is looking pretty tasty too.

Stopped racing since the achieves were removed so I'll probably swap around and try things as opposed to going full pelt.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have always been a demo main
    but affliction with super good gear just dot stuff and wealk and they will die, specially with perma slow ring leveling and tagging so easy, so i think im gunna go affliction.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    full pelt.
    Full tilt.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/full%20tilt