Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Screw us for being multi lingual right?

Looks no further than the scots, welsh and irish (not to mention level headed englishmen) who were chuffed to bits to see England dumped out.
    English people would be pretty happy to see those teams get knocked out of a major tournament too, if they could make it to one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The thing I find funniest, is that a large amount of them seem to deride a lot of Scots/Welsh/etc for not getting behind England, because "they've done really really well to get that far and you're all jealous", "you should support another UK team when it does well", etc. This, despite the fact that most of them refused to show any support for Wales when they did just as well in Euro '16 lmao. Hypocrisy much.
    Do what? Not a single English fan would expect Scotland or Ireland to get behind England. No Football fan would expect support from another of the home nations, ever.

Where are all these imaginary people that we keep hearing about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    English people would be pretty happy to see those teams get knocked out of a major tournament too, if they could make it to one.
    Exactly, although I did enjoy Republic of Ireland at USA 94 which felt a bit dirty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Innugammii View Post
    I explained what it is, it's up to you to look it up, and confirm or not the story.

https://www.facebook.com/Pizzeria-Be...5943565231662/

Pizzeria Belgrad - Kyiv, Ukraine - Menu, Prices, Restaurant Reviews

Gorim of želje, I am burning with desire ... Burning has a positive quotation in Serbo-Croatian , only Serbian or only Croatian , language. Dos do not always imply bad things
    Did u get these ideas from brain-dead right-wing media in croatia? I wouldn't be surprised.

Btw, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Do what? Not a single English fan would expect Scotland or Ireland to get behind England. No Football fan would expect support from another of the home nations, ever.

People just don't seem to understand English or British people/culture at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Screw us for being multi lingual right?

Looks no further than the scots, welsh and irish (not to mention level headed englishmen) who were chuffed to bits to see England dumped out.
    Ah yes, the Welsh, Scots and Irish have been perturbed by the repetition of Three Lions, and not a millennium of shared antagonism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    So again, it seems like

>Be foreign
    >Learn English
    >Go on English speaking websites
    >Get upset when England fans support England

There's a reason I haven't seen what the majority of Croatian fans have been saying - I don't know Croatian. I don't have to know Croatian, in fact, I had to check to see if Croatian is a real language. But it's not just Croatia, I don't know Portuguese either. Perhaps some of the resident Portugeezers can point me in the direction of a Portuguese football website, and I can crack out Google translate and tell people off for talking about the Portuguese football team. Or Sweden. Or Germany. Or, maybe, I just won't give a fuck.
    You are aware the person who started this site is French right? You are aware that most of us euros grow up with several languages from birth or even come from countries were there's more than one official language.

You are aware that English language influence for a large part is due to the ww 2 aftermath and influence from American industry moving here.

You don't own this site you merely use it just like the rest of us and have the luck that due to influences beyond yourself and the UK English took a lead role in international relations that and the language is easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    People just don't seem to understand English or British people/culture at all.
    Aye, the last few pages have just been people making up imaginary English fans just to have a dig. I appreciate why people would find the coming home memes irritating but all this nonsense about English fans thinking we could thrash Croatia or English fans wanting Scotland to cheer for us...

England fans expecting Scotland to cheer for them is like expecting Spurs fans to cheer for Arsenal, its never going to happen and if it did that fan should be knocked out (metaphorically).

Hate to be the one who's the realist/pessimist, but in the cold light of day, I do worry this tournament has been a perfect storm for England.

Don't get me wrong, the team's very young and this could be the start of something. But...

The performances really weren't good. Looking at each game individually we rarely looked like a team any different to the past 16 years. Tunisia took a late header to win. Panama we destroyed a pub team in the first half, in 2nd half when they decided they could play football we drew. Belgium game irrelevant. A undisciplined Colombia (with no James) took us to pens. Sweden game was good. And then last night, against an ageing team who had just played 2 lots of 120 minutes, we were the ones who looked tired and out of ideas.

Public emotion is now currently high due to results, not performance. Re run this tournament and reshuffle the format and 9/10 this team is doing the usual "might get past R16 if we are lucky". Or put another way, if it were Tunisia who'd grabbed that last minute goal we'd have been knocked out in group stage, and it would have been "same old England".

Now hopefully I'm wrong and if this team can gel then maybe we can do great things, and I'm definitely looking forward to the Euros, but I feel when we get there people are going to be expecting miracles.

so, any1 has any info of the guy that tattoed his front side with england world champions 2018?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try reading the thread you're posting in lol.

- - - Updated - - -

England fans expecting Scotland to cheer for them is like expecting Spurs fans to cheer for Arsenal, its never going to happen
    Try telling them that though lol, like I said it's even funnier because most of them are the same who refused to show any support/appreciation for Wales when they got just as far in Euro '16 haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    You've been waiting for this moment all tournament haven't you lad?
    He probably has, because in fairness after the way you threw profanities and racial slurs around the Euro 2016 thread I'm not surprised some people are relishing in your disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovren saying he is one of the best defenders in the world, imagine the uproar if an English defender said that. Although it is amusing Lovren saying this.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-07-12 at 01:17 PM.

I can only see one person doing it (Orz), once in almost 6000 responses (maybe I've missed some?)

The only person I know who would cheer on another home nation is my Mum. But then again she's also the one that has been texting me for the last 20 years after every tournament exit with "It's only a game"
    Last edited by Wezmon; 2018-07-12 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try telling them that though lol, like I said it's even funnier because most of them are the same who refused to show any support/appreciation for Wales when they got just as far in Euro '16 haha.
    Did you miss the whole 'Wales team celebrates England being knocked out by Iceland' part?
    Speciation Is Gradual

Croatia was the better team. Even tho England was better in the first half you could see that Croatia got closer and closer.

But full respect for this English side! On paper they didn't look good at all, I even laughed when I saw the squad in May/June but they played really well together and it was nice to watch them play. I'm no fan of the English national team and I did cheer for Croatia but the English does have the right to be proud of their team.

About this "easy" bracket: Yes it could have been Spain - Argentina and Germany - England in the quarters but does it really matter? There is a reason why that Argentina team got completely destroyed by this FINAL PLAYING team Croatia, so playing Croatia was for sure harder. Spain looked so stale that I think no one would have been afraid of them and then again I think Croatia would haven won against them as well. Germany vs England could have been a great game if Germany would have played to their potential but then again they were in complete shambles. Horrible defense, uninspired midfield and an attack that had worse finishing than my local team. One could easy argue that this English side would have knocked this German side out.

This "It's coming home" banter has been one of my favorite ones. Even in my group of friends where no one is an English fan we have been saying it, just because of the memes. And if you're really so stupid that you don't see the sarcasm of the English posters here then you shouldn't probably be on a forum.

Spécial shout out to England trying to restart the game while Croatia were celebrating off the pitch.
    Good manners and sportsmanship certainly aren't coming home.
    That had actually happened to England too, in the Panama game. They might have known that it would not work anyway and just tried to get the Croatians to move on tbh.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

He probably has, because in fairness after the way you threw profanities and racial slurs around the Euro 2016 thread I'm not surprised some people are relishing in your disappointment.
    Burden of proof is on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Lovren saying he is one of the best defenders in the world, imagine the uproar if an English defender said that. Although it is amusing Lovren saying this.
    He was lucky to escape a yellow in multiple occasions and outside of one great interception was mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    so, any1 has any info of the guy that tattoed his front side with england world champions 2018?
    Has another England team won anything this year he can claim it's in relation to?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Has another England team won anything this year he can claim it's in relation to?
    He's saved!

England became world netball champions in April!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/vi...lth-gold-video

I'd have been happy for France to win as they're the best side of the tournament, but then Firebane came along.

I always like an underdog so hopefully Croatia can do it.
    I've never seen someone as salty as he is
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Good plan except for the fact he went and got the Jules Rimet trophy tattooed with it :P

http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-engl...mself-20180627