Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No, but the fact that it IS nonsense makes it nonsense. Content is content - the end. Deal with it or move on
    Still not nonsense the end deal with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    But for some reason, giving players a reason to play is just Blizzard artificially increasing playtime for profit.
    Players shouldn't need a reason to play if the game is good so yeah it is.

The horde version is much easier because those are reps you do while questing, it's a lot faster too even without flying. They sped up the grind but it wasn't nearly enough, it is by far the most boring grind to do in the game and takes much longer than any rep in legion, especially the void elf rep which really has nothing to do with the void elves anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Unless people are stupid enough to leave and return much later, getting the reps required are pretty easy and can be done in no time, as most of us did. If you are upset, it's really your own fault for not being part of this from the start. Then you'd have unlocked them loooooong ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Still not nonsense the end deal with it

- - - Updated - - -

Players shouldn't need a reason to play if the game is good so yeah it is.
    I don't need a reason to play. I find it fun. People used to love to work towards something they wanted. Now they just want stuff for free or little effort. As evidence in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can somebody tell me?

I just reactivated my sub to prepare for BfA. As an Alliance main I thought it would be nice for the future to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei although both are not necessarily races I would play.

Then I realized I had to grind Argus to get it. And it's not only that I need to get to exalted on both Argus factions (wtf?), I have to do the basically worst world content in the worst open world zones ever. I mean seriously, who thought this would be a neat idea?

In comparison the Horde version of this is super easy and has been most likely finished two months into Legion. And Alliance has to grind BOTH Argus factions?

I know I'm half a year too late with my rant but this is just horrible game design. Locking something like two new races behind the worst reputation grind in years.
    A bright marketing person?

It is honestly a good idea. It keeps the player playing if they want it. It gives reason to some of their content as well. And to be honest, unless you've had a larger break, then you haven't had much reason not to have it unlocked by now. And if you had your break, then you have so much to explore, get a move on! Even so, quite easy to unlock.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just as a note the nightborn requires NO rep requirement just finishing insurrection which, while long, does not require exalted w/ the nightfallen. They removed the rep gates. So Horde has 1 rep and 1 super long quest chain(Takes a few days if you're going at it for ~1-2 hrs a day).

very true, some want all things to be made equal in game though, which simply can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Erp derp. Proven wrong so gotta try and be insulting, how interesting. Keep on trucking!
    Nothing I wrote was insulting, you are seeing agressions where there is none, its ok, I understand some people find it hard to take what they read at face value and look for tones of joy or in some cases like here, tones of 'insults' so I am not angered by this accusation of yours. Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They want to force people to buy boosts.
    Pray tell, how does a boost help you get Argus rep? Foot, meet mouth

OT: Stopped taking you seriously after "worst reputation grind in years"

Like, if you do the quests and the caches, it'll happen. Get over it bra.

It should be an achievment related not rep gated. It doesn't make sense and considering Ion last Q&A ,they know.

My guess is , they are going to remove or reduce the gate somewhere down the line since Ion said that right now it makes sense for them to be gated behind rep , it doesn't though.

These are gated because they are a pre-purchase bonus.

The text on the purchase page even says:
    “Pre-purchase Battle for Azeroth and begin your quest to recruit four new playable Allied Races.”

How is this so difficult to understand. It’s not a debate, you paid for the ability to unlock four races early. It doesn’t say ANYWHERE that you are guaranteed to start the game with any of them unlocked.

These are Allied Races, if they were New Races/models, like Blood Elves, Draenei, Goblins or Worgen, they would be open from the start. There is a reason they are labeled “Allied Races.” FFS

Last edited by helusay; 2018-07-12 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit Legion after the first or second week of 7.3 (can't remember, I think 09/17) because the content on Argus is just terrible and next to (if not) the worst ever implemented into the game. Fortunately I've already been almost Revered on both factions because doing that sh*t from friendly to exalted... just no.
    Sorry you dislike Argus. Them being bad end-game zones have not made into the book of objective facts however. They gated them behind something and it just so happened to make sense to gate them behind recent content.

Rest assured the requirement will either be nerfed or go away completely at some point during BFA. My money is on 8.1

Horde factions are way harder to grind rep for returning players. Army of the Light and Arg Reach rep is super fast to farm compared to Nightfallen and Hm Tauren.

Deleted
    Allied races are a feature of the upcoming and not the recent expansion that you only unlock with buying BfA.
    no, you are WRONG! maghar orcs and the dwarfs are BFA allied races (which you wont get either cause you dont play the content anyway)
    the other 4 are legion allied races BUT how often do we have to tell you SILLY that again????

If you want hand outs play another game, allied races are NOT supposed to be one. If you werent so lazy and wasting time on doing this useless qqthreads about them you already had unlocked all of the allied races and had leveled them to 110.

I came back to the game about a month ago and decided to change mains for BFA. I hadn't done any quests in Argus on my Priest so I had to go through those quest chains to unlock most of the world quests. It took me like 2 and a half weeks to unlock Lightforged and a little over 3 to unlock Void Elves. I didn't get much help in the way of rep tokens from my class hall missions as I hadn't done much of those on my Priest either, so I didn't get rep token missions for those until I was almost Exalted.

It certainly wasn't the most fun task, but taking an hour a day to clear all of the available world quests wasn't exactly a "grind" either. Couple episodes on Netflix/Hulu or just voice chatting with people on Discord and the time flew right by. The world quests are pretty mindless.

If a casual like me can get these done in a few weeks, then I don't think it should be a deal breaker for many people. Then again, I don't live in a world where I expect instant gratification all the time, so maybe my perspective is skewed.

Just sharing my own anecdotal experience. Can't really speak for anyone else.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I finished Army of the Light and Argussian Reach before any of the main Legion reps on my Priest, and I've been doing most of those world quests too. I've even done all the quest chains in those zones (I think I'm like 9/12 in Suramar) but those reps seem even slower than the Argus ones even though I can fly there.
    Last edited by Kristya; 2018-07-12 at 10:01 PM.

Legion races should have their reps requirements reduced/removed when BFA launches. Gating a current xpac's content to a previously released one just don't make any sense IMO.

How dare they reward players that kept their sub and continued playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    They want to force people to buy boosts.
    Rep boosts?

10+ Year Old Account
    the OP sounds like a toddler having a tantrum. New flash, MMO has some grinding elements to them. The rep's you require are some of the easiest to get to exacted, so if anything id count yourself lucky. Probs just a troll post anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, you are WRONG! maghar orcs and the dwarfs are BFA allied races (which you wont get either cause you dont play the content anyway)
    the other 4 are legion allied races BUT how often do we have to tell you SILLY that again????

If you want hand outs play another game, allied races are NOT supposed to be one. If you werent so lazy and wasting time on doing this useless qqthreads about them you already had unlocked all of the allied races and had leveled them to 110.
    Sorry but you are wrong. Unless you have an account upgraded to BfA you cannot access LFD, VE, HMT, or NB. Even when the pre patch drops or BfA goes live, unless you purchased BfA you will not have access to them. SO they are not Legion Allied Races. No amount of mental gymnastics will make it so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Gondola View Post
    Legion races should have their reps requirements reduced/removed when BFA launches. Gating a current xpac's content to a previously released one just don't make any sense IMO.
    Takes about 3 weeks max. They could go back to the Vanilla days where it would take months to raise a rep.