Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I took pride in being some of the first people getting Bronze Drake in WOTLK.

Now everyone has it.

Recount: Data for last night: Fucks Given Per Second
    1) SinR - 0
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I honestly don't see why they didn't cap it at 'X' ilvl.
    Im not sure if i 100% agree with just outright scaling the content with a max ilvl in mind, but i do understand the opinion, thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Great, then do the work and get it.
    I don't play games to work, I play them to enjoy myself. Also, I doubt I will level class/classes I want before pre patch. I don't have sub set on active all the time. Erasure of content is bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Oh bull. You got all 36 tower appearances <=910?

Outside of crazy people who do youtube stunts, I'd wager most people were in heroic+ ToS before they got the challenges down.
    I know a lot of people who got it done during the first mage tower (for one spec, that is), including me. I didn't even like the appearance, I just liked the challenge. Took me a few hours, and I was probably bad - a frost mage from our more than mediocre guild got it done on his first try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I didn't particularly enjoy my time doing the mage tower challenges. Maybe it's because I rushed them this last week on classes I played for essentially the first time, but I just found many of the mechanics to be utter bullshit. In many of the fights it felt like if I messed up even once, the fight was over. That, combined with the 100 nethershard entry cost and the often long roleplay phase at the start of the encounters, made them very tedious.

If they simply got rid of the nethershard entry cost and made the mage tower accessible at all times outside of when the mage tower was active, I reckon a lot more players would have attempted it.

I don't know if it's possible to do one of those massive statistical dives into the armory and find out how many people got the various artifact skins. But I'd love to actually know, as opposed to watching dueling axe-grinding guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Agree mostly. I have a handfull of the appearances - 1 per class and more than 1 on a couple - and yet i didnt involve myself at all with the CM stuff because for me personally, it had ZERO value given how easy it was to simply pay someone and get it done. I also agree that the skins have had their unique, 'skill based' period complete now, and they should just leave it open forever now. So what if someone unlocks a skin at lvl 120? does it even matter to anyone?
    With that attitude, you should just not involve yourself with gaming in general. Because you can literally pay your way through anything you want if you have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Now every Tom, Dick and Harry is running around with them. It's kinda made them pointless.
    So what? You have beat it one and a half years ago and enjoyed a year of awe and wonder from Tom Dick and Harry when you carried their ass in mythic+ as a Big White Bear.

It's the same with mythic raid gear, everyone has it now but the cool kids got it half a year earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    With that attitude, you should just not involve yourself with gaming in general. Because you can literally pay your way through anything you want if you have the money.
    Yeah, you have no idea what you are talking about. Hyperbole is pointless in a discussion like this. I would think most people would see the difference between paying some gold, and getting carried through a CM gold run Vs having to hand over your entire account to an unknown person half way around the world, paying them cash, and putting your entire account at risk.

Buying something for gold in game isnt even against the rules. CM gold is no different to a +15 run now. There is no real 'prestige' involved, and never really was, as everyone knows that very early on, mythic raiders were selling high key runs for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    I know a lot of people who got it done during the first mage tower (for one spec, that is), including me. I didn't even like the appearance, I just liked the challenge. Took me a few hours, and I was probably bad - a frost mage from our more than mediocre guild got it done on his first try.
    I believe you, but I am amazed that someone went into Twins on the first time it was up and got it on the first try without having practiced/seen a vid or something. That fight has a lot of moving parts, especially for Frost. I'm always skeptical of those claims of one shot, no idea what they were doing, tossed some buttons on a bar and facerolled.

Tugar is dead easy (I just did it on Destro at 887 ilevel with one leggo at 970) and that still took me like 15 tries because of stupid overlapping abilities RNG and getting a feel for a toon I haven't seriously played since MoP. Could I have just "one shot it"? Idk.

Deleted
    I found the challenges a lot of fun, learned a lot about the classes of my alt characters. Clearing the Protection Warrior and the Outlaw Rogue was a lot of fun, because I had no idea how to play the specs when I started the challenges. The challenges reminded me a lot of those old games like Megaman that I used to play as a kid and was all about pattern recognition and adapting and were also single player. I am sad to see them go, it would be nice if they could keep them in even without the Transmog rewards.

I believe you, but I am amazed that someone went into Twins on the first time it was up and got it on the first try without having practiced/seen a vid or something. That fight has a lot of moving parts, especially for Frost. I'm always skeptical of those claims of one shot, no idea what they were doing, tossed some buttons on a bar and facerolled.

Tugar is dead easy (I just did it on Destro at 887 ilevel with one leggo at 970) and that still took me like 15 tries because of stupid overlapping abilities RNG and getting a feel for a toon I haven't seriously played since MoP. Could I have just "one shot it"? Idk.
    I guess there are people for whom doing it before the first flasks wears off counts as oneshot. Basic forum exaggeration probably

Deleted
    I didnt even finish one single Challenge. I couldnt care less

Deleted

I found the twins super easy as frost, and it was one of my first times playing the spec - no legendaries, 910ish ilvl but the stupidly buff artifact. Not sure the artifact power made much of a difference though, the fight seems to be entirely dependent upon keeping frost orb on CD and making sure you blizzard to get it off CD fast - hitting less would probably be better since the adds dying makes it harder.

Trying to do all the healing challenges atm and it's a slog though, but the last time I healed was TBC so no surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I guess there are people for whom doing it before the first flasks wears off counts as oneshot. Basic forum exaggeration probably
    Well I did the one on my wifes ret paladin in 1 shot because she didn't want to learn ret. She at least had relics in her weapon. I had never played ret before. Read the guide for 2 minutes saying save hammer of justice for Sigryn and just smashed buttons as they popped up and won.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The point is that it used to be a prestigious award. There used to be like me and one other guy wearing the appearance in our 15 man raid. Others didn't get it until their iLevel got much much higher.

I even got the Heroic Kil'jaeden colour for it when it was current.

Now every Tom, Dick and Harry is running around with them. It's kinda made them pointless.
    this is the kind of mentality i'll just never be on the same frequency with.

i've got 17 of them so far. was decently hard for me, even got a couple back before the artifact buff. do i care that others have them as well? no. it's completely ridiculous to me that anyone would. i just cannot comprehend that level of pettiness.

if i put every single one of the 17 i have on a vendor for 1c, that you could transmog from level one, force every single person in the game to wear them, would that make me want to stop using the ones i like? no, because i care what i have, and not what others have. other people are meaningless to me. i see something and think "oh, that looks cool, i want that" and i get it.

it's like being that kid that doesn't want to share toys, it's just low.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-07-15 at 08:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

i've got 17 of them so far. was decently hard for me, even got a couple back before the artifact buff. do i care that others have them as well? no. it's completely ridiculous to me that anyone would. i just cannot comprehend that level of pettiness.

if i put every single one of the 17 i have on a vendor for 1c, that you could transmog from level one, force every single person in the game to wear them, would that make me want to stop using the ones i like? no, because i care what i have, and not what others have. other people are meaningless to me. i see something and think "oh, that looks cool, i want that" and i get it.

Well said. I'm a collector and i hate when they remove things from the game just because some people feel special that they played during a certain time. Didnt play in Mop? too bad now you cant get the dope pheonix mounts & armors. didnt play in Wod? No Awesome trick weapons for you! I mean with the scaling technology blizz has today, why remove them at all? Even mage tower can be kept, just scale everyone down to ilvl 920-930 or w/e.

I personally feel that the mage tower was an awesome addition to the game and hope they do more like it in the future. I havnt completed everyone but that is more due to time limitations than anything, i really enjoyed the challanges.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

I actually understand the need to feel special and show off skill. People wanting to wear exclusive transmog/mounts/titles is the same mentality people in real life want to wear expensive watches and drive expensive cars - to show others that they are better/more succseful.etc.

It's a very strong drive for people in the real world so it's not a suprise people act similarily in MMO (I would guess that this is rspecially true for ones who arent that succesful with their real life, so they have a need to feel better at least in the virtual world).

Im not gonna pretend that this mentality is beneath me - I usually dont care to show off how awesome I am to strangers bneither in real world by wearing expensive clothes nor in game by wearing exclusice transmog, but I do get some satiafaction if once in a while I get the chance to show off something cool.

That said, the time to show off using Mage Tower appareances has passed same way as wearing Dolce Gabana suit from 3 seasons ago. Some people will be still rocking them because they actually like them, others will move to whayever new thing will make them feel special, and the last group will be salty they cant wear same suit every season for showing off.

Sorry for typos/posting on phone
    Last edited by melzas; 2018-07-15 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    Still baffled why people care about collecting appearances that everyone else has.
    Because when I did it, I didn't think Blizzard would go full retardation and super-charge our artifact weapon to make it doable by every pleb and their mother.

Not that they were particularly difficult once you overgeared them with Argus gear, but still, this last minute free hand out really ruined the value of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Because coolness is not defined by exclusivity.
    Yes, because it's definitely that 14 year old model that makes the Spectral Tiger the most sought after mount in the game.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-07-15 at 08:57 AM.

Mage tower is some of the best content I've ever done in WOW.

We need more solo challenges like this.

IMO, should be one every raid tier and the attunement to enter is clearing it.