Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The reason is that specs were designed around the Artifact/Legos.

Straight up removing them and giving this in its place leaves gaping holes, again.
    This is the core of the problem, Blizz ripped the guts out of some classes to make room to give the weapons cool abilities, and now the weapons are gone, leaving that hole again and we get “Build your own trinket”-sets in Azerite armour (Sure we got some weapon traits back as talents, but that was at the expense of talents we used to have), and compared to what we got from the weapons, what we get from Azerite armour just doesn’t measure up as far as impact goes, and for the big system that we work on all expansion long, “lacks impact” is not a desirable description...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    This is the core of the problem, Blizz ripped the guts out of some classes to make room to give the weapons cool abilities, and now the weapons are gone, leaving that hole again and we get “Build your own trinket”-sets in Azerite armour (Sure we got some weapon traits back as talents, but that was at the expense of talents we used to have), and compared to what we got from the weapons, what we get from Azerite armour just doesn’t measure up as far as impact goes, and for the big system that we work on all expansion long, “lacks impact” is not a desirable description...
    Mindfucked. Mind blown. Well it's a bit late to realize don't you think that WoW Dev team was repeatedly removing things and just bringing them back at future date to give you a feel of fresh and new gameplay? Wow Dev are masters of mind games. They are like interior designers whose forte is moving things around the same house. The same furnitures, a few fixtures and repaint placed in a different spot and done in a altered fashion and voila! The house looks totally different and feels new!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    they stated that the 5+ ilvl for 3rd tier was intentional because this way they frontload the power of the traits, so that the item would be usable before unlocking all traits.
    the power curve of the NLC was from weakest to strongest, making you have full 75 traits far more important. For the NLC it was not that big of a deal as it came in at a point where farming to 75 was reasonably fast.
    if you need lv 28 for a raid-quality azerite-armor piece to unlock lv 3, but the average progression of people who don't hardcore-farm AP is only at lv 24, then the system would promote unhealthy amounts of grinding again.
    You start our from the inner ring which is + to item level then make your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Well Legiondaries to are mostly proc based passive or entirely passive. Artifact weapon are basically rehashed talents from previous expansion with about 3-4 active abilities in golden border or traits.

Azerite armors is the same trait system singlehandedly implemented on just 1 slot-main hand weapon.
    This is so insultingly not true / or at least over simplification of what players end up doing with the lego system, for balance druid at least :

Shoulder + Bracer
    Bracer + Class ring
    Bracer + Cloak
    Double Ring
    Ring + Bracer
    With the corresponding talent build ALL play differently. I would say significantly differently to the extend that some of those build you end up maintainng STARFALL for single target.

You can do same level of customization with azherite armor?

You start our from the inner ring which is + to item level then make your way out.
    Um no, you most certainly do not.

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    This is so insultingly not true / or at least over simplification of what players end up doing with the lego system, for balance druid at least :

Shoulder + Bracer
    Bracer + Class ring
    Bracer + Cloak
    Double Ring
    Ring + Bracer
    With the corresponding talent build ALL play differently. I would say significantly differently to the extend that some of those build you end up maintainng STARFALL for single target.

You can do same level of customization with azherite armor?
    If you don't mind, could you elaborate on how they all play differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If you don't mind, could you elaborate on how they all play differently?
    He can't, because you didn't. At best you probably used a spell that you normally wouldnt, for instance vanish for rogues to get 100% crit. Legendaries made you feel strong, and were extremely necessary to do competitive damage. I'm glad they're gone, makes it easier to reroll.

Can't Artifacts + Azerite Talents both be boring and suck?

That's my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You pretending like it's all good and fine, only hurts the game more than it helps the classes that are struggling. If you want classes to be unique then you need to offer every class something unique to bring to the table, Guardian Druid brings nothing unique and special to the table in BFA.
    I'm pretty sure you'd still be complaining even if Guardians would bring something unique to the table. Also, you're talking about playing in PUGs here. I still want to play with my guildmates, and I don't care what classes they play. Sure, it might be a little harder, but who gives a shit? It doesn't matter if you're not trying to break world records, and in that case, it was and always will be "bring the class". This is a social game, find some people who value you as a person and don't care about what class you play.

Also, your facts from raider.io look really bad on paper, but there's a lot of context we don't know. Maybe there aren't as many shadow players to begin with, and who knows what affected what here? Some people tend to flock to the fotm classes. I remember some shadows absolutely destroying the dps meters in raids with surrender to madness, but as far as I understood, that mechanic was something where you had to pay a lot of attention to what you're doing, or otherwise you'd die and be comepletely useless. So, naturally, players looked for the easy, forgiving class (probably hunter), and played that instead of a shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I find the system and traits quite interesting, especially traits which are profession exclusive or some of the tier 2/3 traits. Its pointless to compare Azerite system with all legion offered - the systems in Legion were Legion-EXCLUSIVE, they were never meant to be continued forward. Azerite is simply a new system for players to explore.

The traits are not meant to replace anything, they are the new thing. I love claims how even "90% of the forum" is supposedly not happy with azerite traits, yet its the same 10 people at best filling every thread.
    In no way is it pointless to compare them. Even if they're not meant to directly replace artifacts/legendaries/tier, they are replacing those systems in practice and somehow have to fill the void that their removal has created.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    If anyone has played the game for more than 1 xpac they should expect changes to happen and not complain when they do. Voicing an opinion of "this rotation is lackluster" or "there seems to be a hole here" is one thing, saying "my class is gutted and shit and azerite is poop" does nothing constructive, and that is the majority of complaints. Most specs feel fine on the beta, I think most people just complain because the idea of "losing" stuff is such a blow to their entitled attitudes.
    Blizzard got plenty of constructive feedback throughout all of beta. They ignored it until 2 months from launch. Legion and WoD were the exact same in terms of removing things and "giving" some of them back as talents or whatever. If they're not going to listen to constructive feedback, why would people continue to give it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Again, it doesn't get ignored just becasue no action is taken. Feedback is listened to. Changes ae made or not made. That is how it works. Just becasue someone writes out a well constructed argument with solutions, that does not mean Blizzard is obligated to make said changes. You really need to understand that.
    The thing is, eventually Blizzard does do some/most of the things people suggest in those huge posts/threads. You'd think after a few expansions of that happening, they'd figure out that they could just act on the feedback before releasing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    "Don't worry guys it's just alpha"

"don't worry guys it's just green level gear"

"don't worry guys it's just entry level epic gear"

"don't worry guys it's just beta"

"don't worry guys raid epics will fix azerite"

Literally this is the event line about the azerite system. I'm not even exaggerating. Ya'll who think raid epics will change the boring azerite passives into more active skills are delusional. Their boring passives, welcome to BFA.
    That's the whiteknighting strategy every expansion. Not trying to actually have a discussion regarding the feedback, but just dismissing it because "give them time, they'll fix it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    There is no way BFA will fail worse than WoD.

Why? There's Mythic+ in BFA.
    Yeah, so BfA will get carried by a Legion addition. That's a pretty sad expansion.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    My problem with it is the grinding part. I wish there was a weekly cap that could be achieved in 2-3 hours so people don't have to mindlessly grind in order to be competitive. We play this game to have fun, not to have additional chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, so BfA will get carried by a Legion addition. That's a pretty sad expansion.
    Most expansions got carried by raids, which is a vanilla 'addition'. So?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Most expansions got carried by raids, which is a vanilla 'addition'. So?
    Sure, but Vanilla is the core of the game, not an expansion. That said, it's still sad if an expansion has nothing other than raids(like WoD, which had raids and a few specs, and not much else)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

The thing is, eventually Blizzard does do some/most of the things people suggest in those huge posts/threads. You'd think after a few expansions of that happening, they'd figure out that they could just act on the feedback before releasing the game.
    There is also something to be said for seeing how it plays out. Just becasue a forum is ablaze over a decision, doesn't mean the general player base will be. When they get their info after it hits live they can make a more informed decision. Has nothing to do with history of feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Money talks.

When the subs start dropping we can only hope they listen.

Or maybe they'll just laugh and dive into their swimming pool of money they made off lazily re-skinned Allied Races.
    Subs are a meaningless metric. Maybe you should start by leaving. You have such hatred and vile for this game yet you still play and support a product you constantly whine and complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    There is also something to be said for seeing how it plays out. Just becasue a forum is ablaze over a decision, doesn't mean the general player base will be. When they get their info after it hits live they can make a more informed decision. Has nothing to do with history of feedback.
    Seeing how it plays out is great, but then why even have the beta if they're not going to listen to most feedback until it's live anyway?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Wrong you start from the outside and work your way to the centre.
    It's a weird option really maybe but they're probably doing outside -inward to test if the traits are working as intended or how Azerite point balancing.

Don't you ever question the system that you start with 4 options and as the gear levels up you end up with only one and the trait only gives item level?!

Central ring is tier 0 also known as azerite empowerment a simple +5 boost to item level then you get to tier 1 a 2 choice trait and so on so logically having a higher tier Azerite gear entitles you to more substantial choices mostly either choosing a generic trait or one for each spec.

Did you realize that the reason why it took you so long to unlock the outer ring is because it requires the most points and lowers down in reverse as you go inside? You start at tier 0 and 0 AP that is an absolute truth not unless you want to power drain and do things reversed.

You are beta tester and what on Earth are you going to test with +5 iLevel? It really boost the iLvl by 5? You are testing proc chances, are the numbers balanced enough, do they need to nerf/buff the value, increase damge,number of affected targets? Those are the things they wanted you to test in whatever time left there is before launch.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-12 at 12:54 PM.

It's a weird option really maybe but they're probably doing outside -inward to test if the traits are working as intended or how Azerite point balancing.

Don't you ever question the system that you start with 4 options and as the gear levels up you end up with only one and the trait only gives item level?!

Central ring is tier 0 also known as azerite empowerment a simple +5 boost to item level then you get to tier 1 a 2 choice trait and so on so logically having a higher tier Azerite gear entitles you to more substantial choices mostly either choosing a generic trait or one for each spec.

Did you realize that the reason why it took you so long to unlock the outer ring is because it requires the most points and lowers down in reverse as you go inside? You start at tier 0 and 0 AP that is an absolute truth not unless you want to power drain and do things reversed.

You are beta tester and what on Earth are you going to test with +5 iLevel? It really boost the iLvl by 5? You are testing proc chances, are the numbers balanced enough, do they need to nerf/buff the value, increase damge,number of affected targets? Those are the things they wanted you to test in whatever time left there is before launch.
    Holy shit you are dumb.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Holy shit you are dumb.
    I'll take that as a complement and in case you ask, I'm no beta tester. I'm just using mg Coco shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    So does this count as another naysayer doomsayer <insert expansion title here> is killing WoW thread or what?
    inb4 #notmyazeroth starts up again. This crap has gone crazy since the introduction of classic. Classic wasn't the greatest either nor wrath of the lich king. Every expansion had it's up and downs. A lot of people don't want things to change while the younger ones want change constantly. Too much complexity, too much simplicity. People hate being seperated but also want their own space. Horde, Alliance players constantly find new ways to complain about where the only thing your gauranteed is death.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    I'm pretty sure you'd still be complaining even if Guardians would bring something unique to the table. Also, you're talking about playing in PUGs here. I still want to play with my guildmates, and I don't care what classes they play. Sure, it might be a little harder, but who gives a shit? It doesn't matter if you're not trying to break world records, and in that case, it was and always will be "bring the class". This is a social game, find some people who value you as a person and don't care about what class you play.

Also, your facts from raider.io look really bad on paper, but there's a lot of context we don't know. Maybe there aren't as many shadow players to begin with, and who knows what affected what here? Some people tend to flock to the fotm classes. I remember some shadows absolutely destroying the dps meters in raids with surrender to madness, but as far as I understood, that mechanic was something where you had to pay a lot of attention to what you're doing, or otherwise you'd die and be comepletely useless. So, naturally, players looked for the easy, forgiving class (probably hunter), and played that instead of a shadow priest.
    The fact that you have no idea what you're talking about makes your entire post a waste of space.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account