10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Good plan except for the fact he went and got the Jules Rimet trophy tattooed with it :P

http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-engl...mself-20180627
    That isn't the Jules Rimet trophy.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    He's saved!

England became world netball champions in April!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/vi...lth-gold-video
    Commonwealth champions != world champions. That's like calling a national championship world series or something. Heck, what the fuck IS netball?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Commonwealth champions != world champions.
    It does when it's a world championship and the highest level one in the sport.

That's like calling a national championship world series or something
    Don't the Americans do that with their national baseball championship? :P

Heck, what the fuck IS netball?
    It's essentially the ancestor of basketball, very similar but considered a women's sport so men tend to shy away from it (sad really as it's a lot of fun).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I've never seen someone as salty as he is
    I've never had a problem in all my years interacting with him, but his persistence in telling us we should think our team is shit and not be proud is bizarre. Never seen someone so insistent even when you praise France his first thought is to just say how shit England are.

Its fine though, everyone will forget about the world cup when the season starts, we'll be back to buddies again.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-07-12 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

That's details like that which remind that we're on a WoW forum !
    That extra day is REALLY important, though. The strain the players go through over 120 minutes of a game is impossible to recover from in 3 days, and Croatians had to go through 3 of such matches. It's as if they played 1 more match than France during playoffs and have 1 day of rest less. The exhaustion builds up and it's definitely going to show in Croatians more than in Frenchies.

And then I figure the coaches go through a lot more effort min-maxing their teams than an average WoW player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I don't really understand this hate towards England, as an American. I have my favorite (American) football team, the Buffalo Bills, and every year I say every week during the season, "This is the year we're winning the Super Bowl!" despite us not having even been to the Super Bowl since the 1993 season. And I say it until the week we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs or otherwise knocked out. And we play the Super Bowl every year, not every 4 years.

That's the severe self-delusion of fandom. It's not hostile, I can admit that my mantra is more an expression of wild hope than an expression of expectation or arrogance. I find it humorous when other people think I'm being serious about my predictions when I say we're going to win, as a knowledgeable football fan I know the odds are astronomically against us.

In other words, you're confusing England fans for New England Patriots fans, who arrogantly expect to win and think they're better than everyone else, when they're more like Buffalo fans, who just hope for a miracle run that actually leads to potentially greater things.

The whole "coming home" part of it, though, is a bit cheeky. Yes, we understand you invented the sport. You haven't been the top of it in 50+ years, at this point the game isn't yours to claim as solely a part of your heritage, and that other football playing nations are somehow imposters to the game, which I think does happen with some of the hooligans shouting "it's coming home!"

Deleted

If there's one silver lining, it means we don't have to listen to that song for another four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're joking right? The final of the Euros in two years is at Wembley.

We told you it was coming home, we never said when.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

If there's one silver lining, it means we don't have to listen to that song for another four years.
    Considering it was a song for euro 96 I highly doubt if we do well in 2020 it won't come out again. But as it was a meme I don't think it will be as prevalent.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-07-12 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    That extra day is REALLY important, though. The strain the players go through over 120 minutes of a game is impossible to recover from in 3 days, and Croatians had to go through 3 of such matches. It's as if they played 1 more match than France during playoffs and have 1 day of rest less. The exhaustion builds up and it's definitely going to show in Croatians more than in Frenchies.

And then I figure the coaches go through a lot more effort min-maxing their teams than an average WoW player.
    Oh, I agree with all that. What made me chuckle was simply the use of "regen"

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You're joking right? The final of the Euros in two years is at Wembley.

We told you it was coming home, we never said when.
    Oh so the whole England is like that bird club where the guys have been chanting "We're on our way" for years and it never happens? Ok...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Oh so the whole England is like that bird club where the guys have been chanting "We're on our way" for years and it never happens? Ok...
    No, we haven't sung it in 16 years.

Supposedly English fans are being investigated because they sang a 'discriminatory' song about a terrorist organisation.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-07-12 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Considering it was a song for euro 96 I highly doubt if we do week in 2020 it'll come out again. But as it was a meme I don't think it will be as prevalent.
    And re-released in 98 with different lyrics.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    I'm now going to start referring to Sheffield Wednesday as "that bird club". Previously I've just called them shite, so it's nice to have a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    That bird club did make me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Screw us for being multi lingual right?

Looks no further than the scots, welsh and irish (not to mention level headed englishmen) who were chuffed to bits to see England dumped out.
    Yeah I dont understand that insult from tommy.

Always had respect for those that can speak multiple languages. In New Zealand they only teach english and if you're maori then you can learn maori and get loads of scolarships but no one uses maori in the working world.

Part of the reason I respect mourinho, learning Italian over a summer and then winning the league there

10+ Year Old Account
    English people shouldn't have to learn other languages, other countries should be forced to speak ours. Thats the way its always meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    English people shouldn't have to learn other languages, other countries should be forced to speak ours. Thats the way its always meant to be.
    Thats true. It is also the best language for music and stories.

Good to have Mandarin and Spanish for business purposes though

Deleted
    There's no insult there, it's simply the case that it shouldn't be a surprise to foreign nationals that when they go on an English speaking website a lot of people will be supporting England.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    The same reason countries who aren't america hate america, people just like to hate for no real reason
    America gives them good reason to hate them.

Just a heads up, Countries like running it their own way and keeping their natural resources. Not Star spangled democracy in the form of drone strikes.