Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Looking forward to more! The more races the better, as long as they are good and make sense.
    Frankly no, if this means dont have any new customizable options for our characters...

Look at the Lightforged Draenei... what a waste. They are only just a new haircuts or tattoos of the current Draenei. Story side and visually it would have been more interesting to have Eredar or Man'ari...

But with Lightforged Draenei, after 12 years Blizzard gave us only the chance to pay a race change just to get a new haircut or horns ^^;

If, all the new Allied races are things like that... we can see in the future only races that are a visual upgrade for the actual races, with no back story, just an excuse to give us an option to have new haircuts.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    well there are 0 new races for BfA. Allied races are sub races, not an entirely new race.
    Racials and class restrictions, and race choice beg to differ. Just because people wanted some of the options to be skin choices for existing races and called them sub races doesn't mean it is so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Yeah but they are already existing races with just a few color/model changes. The Horde elves are Night Elves with another color, same for void elves, blood elves with another color
    Along with new voices, new mounts, new lore, new racials, new customization options, etc. And at least some of them, like Kul'tiran humans, aren't reskins of existing anything. And before you even think about saying it, no, they are NOT reskins of pandaren. At all.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Where the F*** did you even saw the info about new races, let alone 8?
    Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, Nightborne, Highmoountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls, Maghar Orcs, Kul Trian Humans, Dark Iron Dwarves.

8 allied Races confirmed for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    Please someone say no, I want to hold out infinitesimal hope for an ethereal.
    8? The fuck? Never been a confirmation on 8.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    8? The fuck? Never been a confirmation on 8.
    If we are looking at the Battle for Azeroth - Allied Races homepage, we see 8 in total. Zandalari & Kul Tiran at the bottom, adding to the current four we have and another two we will unlock as soon as we get to Exalted with our main warfare faction.
    Allied Races is a feature of Battle for Azeroth, so in all technicity you can say there are 8 total (Allied) Races coming with the features of it.
    Granted, we already have had access to 4 of them due to the pre-order, still it qualifies as BfA content in a war/political scenario.

We do not have it confirmed by Blizzard themselves, but subtle hints shows currently a roster of 8 Allied Races (presumably) in the first half of Battle for Azeroth. Whether we get more in the expansion or it being continued in the expansion after that, we currently hold no information other than 6 clearly being confirmed.

We also do not hold a confirmed date for the pre-patch, that should also say a bit.

probably closer to 4, the 4 current ones were released in legion

sure, you needed to pre-order bfa, but lets be honest here, you were going to do that regardless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    If we are looking at the Battle for Azeroth - Allied Races homepage, we see 8 in total. Zandalari & Kul Tiran at the bottom, adding to the current four we have and another two we will unlock as soon as we get to Exalted with our main warfare faction.
    Allied Races is a feature of Battle for Azeroth, so in all technicity you can say there are 8 total (Allied) Races coming with the features of it.
    Granted, we already have had access to 4 of them due to the pre-order, still it qualifies as BfA content in a war/political scenario.

We do not have it confirmed by Blizzard themselves, but subtle hints shows currently a roster of 8 Allied Races (presumably) in the first half of Battle for Azeroth. Whether we get more in the expansion or it being continued in the expansion after that, we currently hold no information other than 6 clearly being confirmed.

We also do not hold a confirmed date for the pre-patch, that should also say a bit.
    Oh, uhm.. I wasn't really counting the ones we already have.. Haha.. I was thinking with the expansion - as the ones we have now can be done without the expansion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"Only 8"

Jesus christ people - we used to get 1-2 races, now we get 8 and that's still not enough?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It wouldn't be surprising if they introduced more alliance races. They are dirt cheap to make on their part (they are, after all, just reskins), and if they do a good job of maintaining subs, I would expect them to continue the trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, uhm.. I wasn't really counting the ones we already have.. Haha.. I was thinking with the expansion - as the ones we have now can be done without the expansion.
    Well, we all make mistakes. Granted, I too find it ludicrous to even think we'll be getting 4 new ones in addition to the 4 slated for release (2 at launch (req. Exalted) and another 2 later on).
    We might get another race for each faction in BfA, but even that is less likely at current point of time.

We have currently 8 in total and will probably stay as such for well a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Along with new voices, new mounts, new lore, new racials, new customization options, etc. And at least some of them, like Kul'tiran humans, aren't reskins of existing anything. And before you even think about saying it, no, they are NOT reskins of pandaren. At all.
    Huh... never thought about that. Kul'tirans are just shaved Pandas?! Got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    'Only'

But no, nothing is confirmed. Frankly I hope they don't add any more.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    'only 8' new races. almost doubling of the number of playable races isn't 'only.'
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    'Only'

But no, nothing is confirmed. Frankly I hope they don't add any more.
    Yeah. Having more options sucks. I feel like they should delete some of the choices so that it is just orc. Horde orc and Alliance orc.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Only" xD

Ok, to be more serious, no. I think we will have races connected (by lore or model) to: Goblins (probably Vulpera), Undead (maybe San'layn, Undead Elf or "Lightforged" Undead - last one could be for Alliance), Gnomes (probably Mechagnomes) and Worgen (Nelf Worgens? something for Horde? cross fingers, it could be a reason to do huge Worgen overhaul).

This way we would get two races for 8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3. I don't expect more (if we will be lucky we will get "Pandaren" allied races - Hozen for Horde and Jinyu for Alliance.

First of, "only"? Would you prefer 2 or 0 like previous expansions? Secondly, if Ethereal ever become playable they would be a separate race not an allied race so not sure why you would be expecting them as an allied race in an expansion that doesn't even involve them (yet). And thirdly, no it's not confirmed, they can add however many they want in BfA.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Lightforged Draenei, Void Elves, Nightborne, Highmoountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls, Maghar Orcs, Kul Trian Humans, Dark Iron Dwarves.

8 allied Races confirmed for BfA.
    those are in fact new, but those are usually called "allied races", not necessarily "new" races. Hence my confusion

Top Contenders so far for next Allied Races are "Junker Gnomes", Vulpera, Mok'nathal and Light Undead (whatever Calia is).

Dragon race is possible, but so far don't have the backup that the above four have. We know dragons are coming but there are no hints or mentions of a race that would be player compatible. Meanwhile the above four are either in the game, are in the files, or are set-up to appear (both Junker Gnomes and Light Undead, especially with Uther's Tomb being turned into a Racial Hub looking area.)

There's also the fact that Kul Tiras paladins got retconed out of Beta... leaving a Paladin spot to be filled.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2018-07-12 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    There really won't be.
    You underestimate people who want a new race

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I disagree; too many and the novelty will wear off. we've had 4 so far, 2 more at prepatch/launch and 2 at 8.1. at most they might do 2 more at 8.2 and maybe 2 at 8.3 but that should be it IMO
    I disagree that isn't enough, This is BFA were allied playable races is becoming a thing, I'd expect 2-6 more races that haven't been confirmed or heard become playable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Alliance: Dark Iron Dwarf, Kul'Tiran, ??? (counterpart to Vulpera?)
    Horde: Mag'har Orc, Zandalari, Vulpera?

4 confirmed, a 5th is very likely. If you count the 4 allied races we already have, that would be 8.
    People speculate that Vulpera will be horde and the allianceget sethrak. which in my opinion is nice since the horde get's another savage race and the alliance finally get's a monter race which they needed

- - - Updated - - -

Where the F*** did you even saw the info about new races, let alone 8?
    Because blizzard have said they will add more playable races as the expansion continues as they have said on the last blizzcon, so it's up to blizzard on how many playable races they want to add to the game, personally I hope they add more than I expect like adding 4-6 new playable race (that's not including the playable races that have been confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Frankly no, if this means dont have any new customizable options for our characters...

Look at the Lightforged Draenei... what a waste. They are only just a new haircuts or tattoos of the current Draenei. Story side and visually it would have been more interesting to have Eredar or Man'ari...

But with Lightforged Draenei, after 12 years Blizzard gave us only the chance to pay a race change just to get a new haircut or horns ^^;

If, all the new Allied races are things like that... we can see in the future only races that are a visual upgrade for the actual races, with no back story, just an excuse to give us an option to have new haircuts.
    I'd rather get new playable races than a flimsy new customization options to be honest since half the time you are covered in full armor anyway, though that's just me since I really like that BFA were they are finally adding new playable races which i've always wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    "Only 8"

Jesus christ people - we used to get 1-2 races, now we get 8 and that's still not enough?
    Yeah considering the fact that the ones that isn't KT humans or Zanadalari trolls feel like a reskin, Though DiD are still badass despite just being a fiery reskin of a dwarf.

- - - Updated - - -

those are in fact new, but those are usually called "allied races", not necessarily "new" races. Hence my confusion
    I mean KT humans are sort of a new race since if I have to believe what people are saying here they are basically the decedents of people who fucked with the drust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Top Contenders so far for next Allied Races are "Junker Gnomes", Vulpera, Mok'nathal and Light Undead (whatever Calia is).

Dragon race is possible, but so far don't have the backup that the above four have. We know dragons are coming but there are no hints or mentions of a race that would be player compatible. Meanwhile the above four are either in the game, are in the files, or are set-up to appear (both Junker Gnomes and Light Undead, especially with Uther's Tomb being turned into a Racial Hub looking area.)

There's also the fact that Kul Tiras paladins got retconed out of Beta... leaving a Paladin spot to be filled.
    Oh light undead for the alliance? I wouldn't mind that, though people would complain that it's just a human with glowing eyes

I feel like i'm in the minority when I say this but I asbolutely love Vulpera so far they have so much character and their customization feels insane compared to the rest of the playable races since they have so many fur colour options that all are really good! I just pray that vulpera would be a playable race someday which would also mean that another race has to be made to be released along side with vulpera.