Poll: When will San'layn become playable?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Now compare their fucking ears. See? You're dense person who doesn't bother to check stuff before wasting everyone else's time with stupid assumptions.
    jesus christ you are need to be blind to believe those ears look like bat

they still look like night elf ears no amtter how bad is the pic you got it ROFL

Each and every argument against San'layn you ever had has been debinked,and I am not wasting any more of my time to babysit you by telling how they were debunked.
    HAHAHA like the ones saying all the arguments against HE were debunked and I am not wasting any more of my time to babysit you by telling how they were debunked, i am getting some flashbacks, this is gold

you and the others elf lovers creating fanfics didn't debunked anything, but go on, play the pigeon chess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    They are first and foremost San'layn. They would get Blood Prince revamped models of course.
    they are blood elves committed by the vampire curse, simple as that, there is no way to say they will get a new model or not, if not other races despite the kultirans and the zandalari got one

They are speaking coloquially.
    no they are not, its a canon fact you like or not

They do, Paladins are their allies at that point and so are Red Dragons.
    again, those are not the factions, the ebon blade are not affiliated with the factions and are a neutral organization

They don't look like NE ears. Those are rendition of bat ears clearly. That was the intend behind them. Now you are just denying it for the sake of denial.

those are bat ears, san'layn have elf ears, because is what they are elves

10+ Year Old Account
    New leader can replace him. We don't see consequentions of their actions. They have made it to get more power, I guess an acceptable loss.
    They broke the agreement...the horde would kill them on site, there is no "sorry I killed your brother because it made me strong" that will let them stay without someone shoving a spear up their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    smaller body and greater strength?
    gnomeferatu
    That's just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    jesus christ you are need to be blind to believe those ears look like bat

they still look like night elf ears no amtter how bad is the pic you got it ROFL

HAHAHA like the ones saying all the arguments against HE were debunked and I am not wasting any more of my time to babysit you by telling how they were debunked, i am getting some flashbacks, this is gold

you and the others elf lovers creating fanfics didn't debunked anything, but go on, play the pigeon chess

- - - Updated - - -

they are blood elves committed by the vampire curse, simple as that, there is no way to say they will get a new model or not, if not other races despite the kultirans and the zandalari got one

no they are not, its a canon fact you like or not

again, those are not the factions, the ebon blade are not affiliated with the factions and are a neutral organization

those are bat ears, san'layn have elf ears, because is what they are elves
    You are trying too hard. They are clearly inspired by the bat ears. They look similar in shape. Different bat species have different ears. Even that shitty wiki article states they have bat wings and ears.

They are mutated elves so yes, there is huge chance they would get facelift.Not to mention proper HD model.

Big humans.

Of course they are affiliated. Ebon Blade as we know exists thanks to Tirion who decided to spare us.

Those are just oen type of ears and even their earlobes remind of that of San'layn. San'layn have unique ears like no other elves and they look similar to that of bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    They broke the agreement...the horde would kill them on site, there is no "sorry I killed your brother because it made me strong" that will let them stay without someone shoving a spear up their asses.
    As if that have stopped Horde before. Sylvanas was breaking shit up all the time while acting like a Lich Queen. Not to mention things like these can be covered for them. They are cursed with bloodthirst, unerstandable relapse.

Yes we need this.
    Give playable San'layn to the horde based on Night Elf model.
    And Alliance get playable High Elves.

7+ Year Old Account

You are trying too hard. They are clearly inspired by the bat ears. They look similar in shape. Different bat species have different ears. Even that shitty wiki article states they have bat wings and ears.
    youa re the one trying to hard, they are elf ears, end

just because bat also have point ears don't mean they are that much alike, they astill re blood elves ears more than anything else

They are mutated elves so yes
    theya re dead elvs afliceted by a disease not mutate elves, blood elve ae mutate highborne, this is how mutation work

Big humans.
    still ignoring lore

Of course they are affiliated. Ebon Blade as we know exists thanks to Tirion who decided to spare us.
    tirion? another neutral character? LUL

again the ebon blade are neutral and not well welcomed by the factions

Those are just oen type of ears and even their earlobes remind of that of San'layn. San'layn have unique ears like no other elves and they look similar to that of bat.
    talking about reaching, they are still elf ears who maybe can resemble another animals with point ears

As if that have stopped Horde before. Sylvanas was breaking shit up all the time while acting like a Lich Queen.
    of course has stopped the horde before, sylvanus never killed horde people until undercity batle and people want her head by this

she get a ree pass because plot armor

Not to mention things like these can be covered for them. They are cursed with bloodthirst, unerstandable relapse.
    its not like they didn't want to LUL

but by this reason, cursed unstable beings that they don't belong in the HORDE, who is a faction of bonds, friendship, honor and spiritism

the horde is not an evil action, if you think they are you are playing the wrong game

10+ Year Old Account
    Very likely not during BFA...and hopefully never.

We should expect BFA to follow the now traditional four patch structure that seems to form the backbone of a successful World of Warcraft expansion.

Each major patch SHOULD bring the following. A new raid (Although these probably won't open until the 8.X.5 mini patches), a new Warfront, hopefully a new dungeon AND in BFA a new pair of Allied races.

8.0, the launch patch, is adding Mag'har Orcs and Dark Iron Dwarves to the game.

8.1 should see us bring the Zandalari Trolls and Kul Tirans into the Horde and Alliance respectively. That will also bring us up to date on the Allied races we know about right now.

If BFA follows the four patch structure, and IF each major patch will bring us a new pair of Allied races, then we are already halfway through BFA's quotient of Allied races. There are only two more opportunities, 8.2 and 8.3, for San'layn to be added.

I expect the 8.2 races to be announced at Blizzcon as part of the WoW presentation. It is the sort of headline grabbing, crowd pleasing feature sure to generate a lot of goodwill in the audience. And I expect the Horde race to be either Vulpera or Mok'Nathal.

All the information at our disposal indicates the chances of Vulpera joining the Horde to be very, very high. I personally regard it as a foregone conclusion now and that the only question remaining is whether they will be the 8.2 race or the 8.3 race. That's one slot lost to a probable San'layn allied race.

But Mok'Nathal are probably coming in one capacity or another as well. What Allied races do is that they allow Blizzard to repurpose existing models for a new race. The Nightborne are reskinned Night Elves, the Dark Iron Dwarves are reskinned Dwarves, that sort of thing. Yet the Kul Tiran Humans have a completely brand new model. New rig, new animations, the whole shebang. Such an investment of time is expensive. Blizzard has already reused the model to give Rexxar, a Mok'Nathal, a proper model. That they could extrapolate from that and give the entire race their own unique skins, and thereby justify the expense and time of creating the base Kul Tiran model to begin with, I find likely.

The problem with San'layn is that they are just another form of elf at the end of the day, and we've received two new elf races already. That absolutely has to count against them. Maybe they'll get a shot in a future expansion, although as Ion confirmed they are going to drastically scale back the addition of Allied races after BFA so they will have much fewer chances.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Yes we need this.
    Give playable San'layn to the horde based on Night Elf model.
    And Alliance get playable High Elves.
    Either this or make a Flame Elf race based on druids of the flame and give it to Horde.
    High elves need to be on Alliance then we cen get the full DnD fantasy going in WoW.

youa re the one trying to hard, they are elf ears, end

just because bat also have point ears don't mean they are that much alike, they astill re blood elves ears more than anything else

theya re dead elvs afliceted by a disease not mutate elves, blood elve ae mutate highborne, this is how mutation work

still ignoring lore

tirion? another neutral character? LUL

again the ebon blade are neutral and not well welcomed by the factions

talking about reaching, they are still elf ears who maybe can resemble another animals with point ears

of course has stopped the horde before, sylvanus never killed horde people until undercity batle and people want her head by this

she get a ree pass because plot armor

its not like they didn't want to LUL

but by this reason, cursed unstable beings that they don't belong in the HORDE, who is a faction of bonds, friendship, honor and spiritism

the horde is not an evil action, if you think they are you are playing the wrong game
    They are mutated by unholy powers thus bat ears and wings. I'm extremely sorry for you, that you can't see the obvious connection Blizzard has made and transformed their ears to bat ones, because wink wink vampires. I don't know whether it is autism or denial at this point but you are really set in your inability to accept what is before your very eyes. Maybe you are just mental. At this point I don't kno what other explanaton is there to your stubborn refusal. If Blizzard wanted them to have elf ears, they would let night elf ears to stay considering blood prince model is based on them.

People, as in players, not the horde. Ultimately it doesn't matter, she offers new unlife for them.

Big humans.

Ebon Blade itself is neutral by its Deathlord isn't, they are part all part of the given factions.

I don't think horde is my little pony as you want it to be.

That's just wrong.

They are mutated elves so yes, there is huge chance they would get facelift.Not to mention proper HD model.

Big humans.

As if that have stopped Horde before. Sylvanas was breaking shit up all the time while acting like a Lich Queen. Not to mention things like these can be covered for them. They are cursed with bloodthirst, unerstandable relapse.
    You do not like any of the non-elf options.

So I think you do not want to play with a vampire. You want to play with an elf.

no more elves

So I think you do not want to play with a vampire. You want to play with an elf.

no more elves
    Well, San'layn have well established lore. I want to play them. I thought gnome image was a joke.

Well, San'layn have well established lore. I want to play them. I thought gnome image was a joke.
    it's an official image of blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually love to see the San'layn become a playable race. Maybe let them join the Horde and the Alliance can be given the High Elves that they always wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are mutated by unholy powers thus bat ears and wings.
    they are mutated into undead, blood elves undeads with a curse, nothing more nothing lees

I'm extremely sorry for you, that you can't see the obvious connection Blizzard has made and transformed their ears to bat ones, because wink wink vampires. I don't know whether it is autism or denial at this point but you are really set in your inability to accept what is before your very eyes. Maybe you are just mental.
    LMAO, needing to go for personal attack to defend your poor justificative, the one saying other people are "mental" and have autism" the guy wanting more elves and saying a lot of absurds, nonsense and headcnaon to support their bullshit, niceone, i genuinely laugh here congratulations, i didn't seen those pearls since the HE threads

yet, they just have point ears, AKa elf ears, everything else is you reaching, i blizzard can give then bat years its another history

People, as in players, not the horde. Ultimately it doesn't matter, she offers new unlife for them.
    you don't even make sense
    Big humans.
    again,you say others have autism but here you are go against established official lore YAHO
    Ebon Blade itself is neutral by its Deathlord isn't, they are part all part of the given factions.
    deathlord its just a fictional character, and assume a leadership of a class hall by the time of the legion invasion, again, he didn't warm the horde or the alliance, the factions are almost absent in the expansion, again, stop saying nonsense and stretching things trying to fit your narrative

I don't think horde is my little pony as you want it to be.
    you don't know what horde is, you have no clue about how it work, thus you are not in place to say something about or what races should join

- - - Updated - - -

no more elves
    exactly this, funny how he ditch all other options like natherzin ( the original wow vampires) and the vrykul ones

it must be elf LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    That's quite enough versions of elves I think.

The closest thing related to an elf I want to see is a Naga or maybe a Saytr.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't think about them like elves think about them as if they are VAMPIRES!
    Then let's try be original and stick to the original vampire, yes?

VRYKUL!

That is factually wrong. It would mean that every undead Blood Elf is a San'layn which is not true at all. San'layn are Lich King creature, vampiric mutated beasts. Their Queen has a wings for a reason and for the same reason their ears are different. They have been reshaped by the unholy powers. Hell, even that shitty wowpedia articles states 'San'layn mostly retain the builds of their still-living kin. They are 5–6 feet tall with slim, athletic and strong bodies, and have fairly long hair and minimal facial hair.

However, unlike blood elves, their flesh appears necrotic and, though universally pale, ranges from fleshy pinks and red to gray and light green, and they tend to have either white, blond, red or dark hair. Their eyes have white, yellow, green, blue or black glows. Some San'layn have clawed fingers and ears more closely resembling those of a bat, and a few have developed wings.'

yes but I think poer fantasy of a vamp is to have smaller body and greater strength. Vrykuls are already heavy weight champs. And there just isn't enough lore to them.
    What exactly did I say that was factually wrong? I said they were undead, VAMPYR blood elves. Nowehre in the lore does it say or describe them being "mutated beasts" or that they've been "reshaped by unholy power."

Their vampyrism or undeath can explain the different eye color, just look at Sylvanas, Death Knights, Nathanos, etc... to show that undeath bestows a different eye color. They're UNDEAD, so that also explains why their flesh would appear pale, necrotic....and y'know...undead? The different ear shapes could be explained by the fact that they're undead and that over time their ears have fallen apart or become misshapen. you've already conceded that they still retain the shape of their still living kin as stated in the WoWpedia article. Clawed fingers could be just long, sharpened finger nails...who knows?

My point is that there is more lore connecting San'layn directly to Blood Elf physiology than anything you're going on about regarding how they'll look like bats, with monstrous visages and whatnot. Sure it's possible that magic could transform them, just like Shaman and Druids can shape shift and Demon hunters have altered physiology. However, nothin yet in lore STATES that is what happens with San'layn. In game models cannot be considered lore when we consider that Sylvanas in game model for years was just a Night Elf, Gallywix was a normal sized Goblin, etc...

Also, there's more lore for Vrykuls than for San'layn, or are you specifically referring to Vrkul vampyrs?

it's an official image of blizzard
    That's silly. Probably hearthstone
    they are mutated into undead, blood elves undeads with a curse, nothing more nothing lees

LMAO, needing to go for personal attack to defend your poor justificative, the one saying other people are "mental" and have autism" the guy wanting more elves and saying a lot of absurds, nonsense and headcnaon to support their bullshit, niceone, i genuinely laugh here congratulations, i didn't seen those pearls since the HE threads

yet, they just have point ears, AKa elf ears, everything else is you reaching, i blizzard can give then bat years its another history

you don't even make sense

again,you say others have autism but here you are go against established official lore YAHO

deathlord its just a fictional character, and assume a leadership of a class hall by the time of the legion invasion, again, he didn't warm the horde or the alliance, the factions are almost absent in the expansion, again, stop saying nonsense and stretching things trying to fit your narrative

you don't know what horde is, you have no clue about how it work, thus you are not in place to say something about or what races should join

- - - Updated - - -

exactly this, funny how he ditch all other options like natherzin ( the original wow vampires) and the vrykul ones

it must be elf LUL
    Big humans

Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.

There was a need for personal attack, you are delusional.

Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.

my little pony my lttle pony

Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Then let's try be original and stick to the original vampire, yes?

VRYKUL!

There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What exactly did I say that was factually wrong? I said they were undead, VAMPYR blood elves. Nowehre in the lore does it say or describe them being "mutated beasts" or that they've been "reshaped by unholy power."

Their vampyrism or undeath can explain the different eye color, just look at Sylvanas, Death Knights, Nathanos, etc... to show that undeath bestows a different eye color. They're UNDEAD, so that also explains why their flesh would appear pale, necrotic....and y'know...undead? The different ear shapes could be explained by the fact that they're undead and that over time their ears have fallen apart or become misshapen. you've already conceded that they still retain the shape of their still living kin as stated in the WoWpedia article. Clawed fingers could be just long, sharpened finger nails...who knows?

My point is that there is more lore connecting San'layn directly to Blood Elf physiology than anything you're going on about regarding how they'll look like bats, with monstrous visages and whatnot. Sure it's possible that magic could transform them, just like Shaman and Druids can shape shift and Demon hunters have altered physiology. However, nothin yet in lore STATES that is what happens with San'layn. In game models cannot be considered lore when we consider that Sylvanas in game model for years was just a Night Elf, Gallywix was a normal sized Goblin, etc...

Also, there's more lore for Vrykuls than for San'layn, or are you specifically referring to Vrkul vampyrs?
    You have used wikipedia in your argument as ana bsolute statement that they are just physiologically blood elves. The same article speaks against it. They have mutated and gained bat like ears and wings in case of their queen. Their skin became greyish, undead like but bat like in case of their queen. Sure they are undead but it is clear that Lich King powers granted them other blessings. There is no need for lore description if we can observe it. Blizzard wouldn't bother with need model for ears if they wanted just to show undead elf. They have shaped them into that of bat. Are you that other guy brother or what? Denial is strong here. Blizzard on purpose made vamps look like bats, is it surprising to you, world shattering revelation? No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ratu-large.jpg specifically shaped bat like ears here too.

Vrykul vamp lore.

That's silly. Probably hearthstone

Big humans

Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.

Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.

Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.

There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.

You have used wikipedia in your argument as ana bsolute statement that they are just physiologically blood elves. The same article speaks against it. They have mutated and gained bat like ears and wings in case of their queen. Their skin became greyish, undead like but bat like in case of their queen. Sure they are undead but it is clear that Lich King powers granted them other blessings. There is no need for lore description if we can observe it. Blizzard wouldn't bother with need model for ears if they wanted just to show undead elf. They have shaped them into that of bat. Are you that other guy brother or what? Denial is strong here. Blizzard on purpose made vamps look like bats, is it surprising to you, world shattering revelation? No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ratu-large.jpg specifically shaped bat like ears here too.

Vrykul vamp lore.
    I'm not debating whether vampire lore in general has them associated with bats, that's pretty common knowledge. I'm trying to find out what warcraft lore establishes them as being "bat like" as you suggest. In game visuals, as I said, really can't be used to justify a lore stance because of the way Blizzard has used assets in the past that don't reflect their lore at all so using what you see in game to justify your stance isn't conclusive evidence of anything aside from that's how they look in game because that's just how Blizzard designed them in-game.

I'm not saying it's not possible, it is, I'm just looking for something more concrete that solidifies what you're claiming as more than just head canon based on in-game visuals.

Also, to directly answer the poll. Unless the San'layn break ties with the Scourge and Lich King, they will never be an Allied race. Even if they do, I highly doubt they'll be welcomed into either faction given their history. Unlike some of the other minions of the Lich King who were directly controlled or bent to his will, like Death Knights, the San'layn seem to have completely free will and therefore serve the Scourge willingly, and happily if their in-game behavior is to be believed. And as other have said the horde is not the "evil" faction that's willing to accept people who sacrifice others for power...or are you forgetting Garrosh and how the Horde deposed him because of similar actions? The Horde may be the more savage and aggressive faction, but that doesn't make them "evil" any more than being a little more civilized and disciplined like the Alliance makes them "good." Both factions have done both honorable and horrible things.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2018-07-12 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm not debating whether vampire lore in general has them associated with bats, that's pretty common knowledge. I'm trying to find out what warcraft lore establishes them as being "bat like" as you suggest. In game visuals, as I said, really can't be used to justify a lore stance because of the way Blizzard has used assets in the past that don't reflect their lore at all so using what you see in game to justify your stance isn't conclusive evidence of anything aside from that's how they look in game because that's just how Blizzard designed them in-game.

I'm not saying it's not possible, it is, I'm just looking for something more concrete that solidifies what you're claiming as more than just head canon based on in-game visuals.
    The very article you have brought up mentions it. Their ears and bat like wings reinforce it too. Game lore of that period and specifically about their features is non existant. We know they are vamps who hunger after blood and visuals also tell a story, add to it. Most definitely these kind of visuals can be used to justify lore. Blizzard would not make them look like this for no reason. It is conclusive and absolute.

Give me example of unique model that did not reflect lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Big humans
    say 100 more times, maybe will be true (spoiler: will not)

this is not a mutation, its a disease

and again, they didn't "clearly" received bat characteristics, this is you sheathing, they are undead elves, they look dead, and rotting

HAHAHA the hyprocrisy is gold, good thing i didn't leave this thread yet

another Neutral faction, not the factions, try harder

they are the original wow vampires, and no they would not be fine in alliance, you should stop saying nonse, causse you still are showing to be a totally ignorant about wow lore, especially about factions

>implying vrykuls do not have connection with the LK

"baddas elves morally bad XDDDD i am the bad guy XD and pretty *-* don't touch me, i bite *¬* XD"

this is the elf vampire fandom in a nutshell, the lv of edgyiness can cut a diamond

No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise
    hey, do you know nosferatu was a human? so no elves sorry