Poll: When will San'layn become playable?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    That's silly. Probably hearthstone

Big humans

Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.

There was a need for personal attack, you are delusional.

Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.

my little pony my lttle pony

Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.

There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.

You have used wikipedia in your argument as ana bsolute statement that they are just physiologically blood elves. The same article speaks against it. They have mutated and gained bat like ears and wings in case of their queen. Their skin became greyish, undead like but bat like in case of their queen. Sure they are undead but it is clear that Lich King powers granted them other blessings. There is no need for lore description if we can observe it. Blizzard wouldn't bother with need model for ears if they wanted just to show undead elf. They have shaped them into that of bat. Are you that other guy brother or what? Denial is strong here. Blizzard on purpose made vamps look like bats, is it surprising to you, world shattering revelation? No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ratu-large.jpg specifically shaped bat like ears here too.

Vrykul vamp lore.
    you want vampires, we do not want elves.

we tell you that the vrykul are the original vampyr. but you do not want them.

you want elves! you do not want vampires! it is the only conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    say 100 more times, maybe will be true (spoiler: will not)

this is not a mutation, its a disease

and again, they didn't "clearly" received bat characteristics, this is you sheathing, they are undead elves, they look dead, and rotting

HAHAHA the hyprocrisy is gold, good thing i didn't leave this thread yet

another Neutral faction, not the factions, try harder

they are the original wow vampires, and no they would not be fine in alliance, you should stop saying nonse, causse you still are showing to be a totally ignorant about wow lore, especially about factions

>implying vrykuls do not have connection with the LK

"baddas elves morally bad XDDDD i am the bad guy XD and pretty *-* don't touch me, i bite *¬* XD"

this is the elf vampire fandom in a nutshell, the lv of edgyiness can cut a diamond

hey, do you know nosferatu was a human? so no elves sorry
    It is not a disease, it is magic. And if it was disease then do you know what we call permanent physical changes caused by it? Mutations. They did. Ears and wings, it is clear as day. Just not to you, for obvious reasons.

It is not a hypocrisy, it is called being mean. I do not regret calling you any of those names.

So what if they are the original vampires? This thread is about blood drinking ones, classic ones. Good one.

Have I implied it? Problems with reasoning 101. There is no LK vrykul vampire lore but there are San'layn'. Think before posting.

yes, sure, if they look pretty to you then I'm afraid for your breeding prospects. Or rather of humanity's gene pool.

What does it have to do with anything? Blizzard wanted to create elf nosferatu, so what? Are you going to forbid them it? Get real.

The very article you have brought up mentions it. Their ears and bat like wings reinforce it too. Game lore of that period and specifically about their features is non existant. We know they are vamps who hunger after blood and visuals also tell a story, add to it. Most definitely these kind of visuals can be used to justify lore. Blizzard would not make them look like this for no reason. It is conclusive and absolute.

Give me example of unique model that did not reflect lore.
    Sylvanas old in-game model shows her as a high elf, Gallywix model until recently portrayed him as a normal looking Goblin, Khadgar's old model looked entirely different than his current model (not really lore related, just illustrating that in-game appearances can change drastically).

So no, in-game appearance is not conclusive OR absolute. However I will concede that the article I linked discusses their appearance. I hadn't read the entire page and missed that part. When you said that earlier I didn't realize you were quoting that specific page, my bad.

So I'll accept that it's plausible, at least, for the ears and wings part (can't really argue whether the wings are there or not..would be hard for blizzard to back track or change that when it's so obvious), but not monstrous bat like visages and the other visual changes you're suggesting besides what's already been established for undead.

5+ Year Old Account
    During BFA, after BFA or never? What is your opinion on this? I would like them. Flyable wings as racial would be so sweet!
    Does WoW really need more elves as a playable race? Let me answer for you: "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you want vampires, we do not want elves.

we tell you that the vrykul are the original vampyr. but you do not want them.

you want elves! you do not want vampires! it is the only conclusion
    I want San'layn.

Who cares, maybe some squirrel is the original vampire, it wouldn't make me want a squirrel. San'layn look good, like proper horro vamps.

Yes, such gold line of reasoning. I'm losing my faith in people while replying to three of you. To me their elvish origins are irrelevant. They are monsters now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Are void elves blood elf shadowpriests? Are dark irons dwarf fire mages? That line of logic must be the stupidest I ve ever seen here
    Dark Iron Dwarves are just one of 3 Dwarf tribes that split up. They are just Dwarves so that was a crap analogy.

Void Elves are THE DUMBEST FUCKING RACE IN THE GAME. Blizz 100% made them for a cash grab because they knew people would be giving them that sweet cash shop money to play them. And yes, I would say they should have been a new Void class over a new race since they are infused with Void power. Other than having the void soaked gimmick, they are just plain old BELFs.

The San'layn were a small elite group of BELFs that were chosen by TLK and turned into Vampire BELFs. Pretty much same exact premise as and mechanics as BELF Blood DKs. Only difference is your DK wasn't special unlike the San'layn were to him.

Even Nobel agrees with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUtJaXyxio

If you could make them, it would make ZERO sense to start at level 20 since pretty much all them were already extremely powerful.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Sylvanas old in-game model shows her as a high elf, Gallywix model until recently portrayed him as a normal looking Goblin, Khadgar's old model looked entirely different than his current model (not really lore related, just illustrating that in-game appearances can change drastically).

So no, in-game appearance is not conclusive OR absolute. However I will concede that the article I linked discusses their appearance. I hadn't read the entire page and missed that part. When you said that earlier I didn't realize you were quoting that specific page, my bad.

So I'll accept that it's plausible, at least, for the ears and wings part (can't really argue whether the wings are there or not..would be hard for blizzard to back track or change that when it's so obvious), but not monstrous bat like visages and the other visual changes you're suggesting besides what's already been established for undead.
    My question was clear; Give me example of UNIQUE MODEL that did not reflect lore. UNIQUE MODEL is important here.

Different undead mutate differently. For San'layn they gain bat like characteristics. Considering we have not seen full face of Blood Prince we can imagine they can receive a nice facelift. In fact they would need to as their textures are from an expansion placed long in the past. If they were to be released they would get models worthy of BFA quality wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves are just one of 3 Dwarf tribes that split up. They are just Dwarves so that was a crap analogy.

Void Elves are THE DUMBEST FUCKING RACE IN THE GAME. Blizz 100% made them for a cash grab because they knew people would be giving them that sweet cash shop money to play them. And yes, I would say they should have been a new Void class over a new race since they are infused with Void power. Other than having the void soaked gimmick, they are just plain old BELFs.

The San'layn were a small elite group of BELFs that were chosen by TLK and turned into Vampire BELFs. Pretty much same exact premise as and mechanics as BELF Blood DKs. Only difference is your DK wasn't special unlike the San'layn were to him.

Even Nobel agrees with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUtJaXyxio

If you could make them, it would make ZERO sense to start at level 20 since pretty much all them were already extremely powerful.
    The same can be said about Nightborne, that they were extremely powerful. The same can be said about Void Elves and Lightforged.

I want San'layn.

Who cares, maybe some squirrel is the original vampire, it wouldn't make me want a squirrel. San'layn look good, like proper horro vamps.

Yes, such gold line of reasoning. I'm losing my faith in people while replying to three of you. To me their elvish origins are irrelevant. They are monsters now.
    They started as elves though and still mostly retain their elven physical appearance with some pretty minor changes honestly. Look at Demon Hunters, they've had some pretty gnarly changes (horns, tattoos, demon skin, skin tone, etc...) but still CLEARLY look like Blood Elves and Night Elves.

Based on what you yourself conceded to that magic and disease changes that are permanent are mutations, for one that's not what a "mutation" is biologically but i'll roll with it. Mutations would happen randomly across a population and therefore not all San'layn would look similar or have similar "mutations" so they'd still have to use the base Blood Elf model, just like a Demon Hunter, and apply relatively minor physical changes that distinguishes them.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is not a disease, it is magic. And if it was disease then do you know what we call permanent physical changes caused by it? Mutations. They did. Ears and wings, it is clear as day. Just not to you, for obvious reasons.
    dear god you are rly reaching, vampires in wow are just undeads who drink blood, vampire curse can afflict anyone, and no one show none of those "mutations" despite of the queen, who is not something to take as rule, since they are special undeads like Lich; the general and allof ther vampires are "normal"

people are all right, you want an edgy elf not a vampire
    It is not a hypocrisy, it is called being mean. I do not regret calling you any of those names.
    you are so mean! thats why you want a mean race edgy af

So what if they are the original vampires? This thread is about blood drinking ones, classic ones. Good one.
    then call for HUMAN vampires, you know, the classic and good ones, elf vampires are not classic and definitely not good ones

What does it have to do with anything? Blizzard wanted to create elf nosferatu, so what? Are you going to forbid them it? Get real.
    yeah they sure did, thats why they still look like undead elf, blablabla

10+ Year Old Account
    The same can be said about Nightborne, that they were extremely powerful. The same can be said about Void Elves and Lightforged.
    Maybe I can give you Lightforged since they were forced to fight Demons on Argus for like 1000 years, but Nightbornes, most of them were just normal citizens.

Void elves are just a meme race. I don't take them seriously just like how I won't take the San'layn seriously if by some miracle they do make them a playable race.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

They started as elves though and still mostly retain their elven physical appearance with some pretty minor changes honestly. Look at Demon Hunters, they've had some pretty gnarly changes (horns, tattoos, demon skin, skin tone, etc...) but still CLEARLY look like Blood Elves and Night Elves.

Based on what you yourself conceded to that magic and disease changes that are permanent are mutations, for one that's not what a "mutation" is biologically but i'll roll with it. Mutations would happen randomly across a population and therefore not all San'layn would look similar or have similar "mutations" so they'd still have to use the base Blood Elf model, just like a Demon Hunter, and apply relatively minor physical changes that distinguishes them.
    Yes, they do. Of course their shape will remain similar but faces can be much different.

It biologically a mutation. That would be true if it wasn't qa designed mutation, prepared for them by LK which it obviously was as their popularion share similar characteristics. Gene altering juice. Yes, and that is enough. Give them option for bat like faces, some more normal faces and we are done. If someone don't want more elves, cool for them, I don't mind more elves.

My question was clear; Give me example of UNIQUE MODEL that did not reflect lore. UNIQUE MODEL is important here.

Different undead mutate differently. For San'layn they gain bat like characteristics. Considering we have not seen full face of Blood Prince we can imagine they can receive a nice facelift. In fact they would need to as their textures are from an expansion placed long in the past. If they were to be released they would get models worthy of BFA quality wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does unique matter? My point is that in-game visuals can sometimes not reflect lore. You asking for a unique model doesn't change the fact that in-game visuals don't always reflect the lore. I personally don't find the ears to look any more bat like than Night Elf ears, so saying that specific visual is conclusive evidence is pretty soft given that it's a subjective thing.

Regardless this is obviously a pointless argument. I won't lie and say the aesthetic and visuals of a vampire race wouldn't be appealing, but the ones you're trying to sell would just be re-skinned elves which we already have plenty of.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dear god you are rly reaching, vampires in wow are just undeads who drink blood, vampire curse can afflict anyone, and no one show none of those "mutations" despite of the queen, who is not something to take as rule, since they are special undeads like Lich; the general and allof ther vampires are "normal"

people are all right, you want an edgy elf not a vampire

you are so mean! thats why you want a mean race edgy af

then call for HUMAN vampires, you know, the classic and good ones, elf vampires are not classic and definitely not good ones

yeah they sure did, thats why they still look like undead elf, blablabla
    No matter how hard I try my reach won't reach yours. yes, they are undeads. We don't know what kind of branch of vampire curse San'layn have. In fantasy vampires can come from different sources. Those are clearly LK made so I assume the strongest breed. Blood Princes show bat ears and claws. The only normal ones are BK modelled ones that just look like regular dk, nobody asks for them to be included, those are basically dk colored guys. I'm talking about Blood Prince specifically.

I'm far too kind in being mean. I don't kno what do you mean by edgy at this point. Every villain must be edgy to you.

they are classic in WoW sense. When I think about vamps I think of San'layn and that is who people want, not some humans we don't know very much about.

undead elf can be a nosferatu, vampires are undead after all

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I can give you Lightforged since they were forced to fight Demons on Argus for like 1000 years, but Nightbornes, most of them were just normal citizens.

Void elves are just a meme race. I don't take them seriously just like how I won't take the San'layn seriously if by some miracle they do make them a playable race.
    Nightborne practised magic for 10k years. I think they are far above average and ordinary. Best arcane tutors and what not.

Meme or not they are quite empowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Why does unique matter? My point is that in-game visuals can sometimes not reflect lore. You asking for a unique model doesn't change the fact that in-game visuals don't always reflect the lore. I personally don't find the ears to look any more bat like than Night Elf ears, so saying that specific visual is conclusive evidence is pretty soft given that it's a subjective thing.

Regardless this is obviously a pointless argument. I won't lie and say the aesthetic and visuals of a vampire race wouldn't be appealing, but the ones you're trying to sell would just be re-skinned elves which we already have plenty of.
    Because unique models were specifically tailored for someone. And considering official Blizzard art depicts them the same way as in the game I have no doubt that is their canon appearance. In this case it does. Compare them to night elf ears, completely different. Their ears are more like this https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140521153559

Remodeled elves, but yes, elves by origins most definitely.

Because unique models were specifically tailored for someone. And considering official Blizzard art depicts them the same way as in the game I have no doubt that is their canon appearance. In this case it does. Compare them to night elf ears, completely different. Their ears are more like this https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140521153559

Remodeled elves, but yes, elves by origins most definitely.
    As I said that wasn't my point. My only point was that in-game visuals don't always reflect the lore. I don't find the San'layn models to be particularly unique in comparison to other elven NPCs, aside from them being obviously updated to look like undead and don't find their ears to be anymore bat like than Night Elves ears. therefore, I don't see them as anymore monstrous than a Demon Hunter or even Death Knight and there's really nothing in-game that supports that assertion.

If you're convinced, fine, I'm not. But nothing you say here will convince me, it's going to have to come directly from WoW lore or Blizzard because at this point it just feels like a fanatic trying to sell a somewhat plausible conspiracy theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    No matter how hard I try my reach won't reach yours
    rly? you saying a lot for nonsense show you each very high
    yes, they are undeads. We don't know what kind of branch of vampire curse San'layn have.
    thy have the same curse than any other vampire

Those are clearly LK made so I assume the strongest breed.
    headcanon, he prob just take the vrykul vampires and did his own experiments, cause they are the original ones like blood-thane lucard (AKA alucard)
    The only normal ones are BK modelled ones that just look like regular dk, nobody asks for them to be included, those are basically dk colored guys. I'm talking about Blood Prince specifically.
    you will not have wings no matter how you talk you know that right? even f they become playable

the normal blood-princes are like normal undead elves, just see in BfA the dude who sylvanas bring on, if they wish they could update him, but they didn't because it was not needed, and because they are not important anymore
    I'm far too kind in being mean. I don't kno what do you mean by edgy at this point. Every villain must be edgy to you.
    ROFL
    they are classic in WoW sense. When I think about vamps I think of San'layn and that is who people want, not some humans we don't know very much about.
    the classic in wow sense are the natherzin who existed since warcraft 3, in both ways you are wrong, and just want another elf

undead elf can be a nosferatu, vampires are undead after all
    you know what can be a nosfetaru for real? human vampiress

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne practised magic for 10k years. I think they are far above average and ordinary. Best arcane tutors and what not.

Meme or not they are quite empowered.
    And the San'Layn is like the equivalent of the top .1% of those guys that were personally chosen by TLK, and then specially given unique powers to become even stronger.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    San'layn could be the trump card for the Horde that would equate to Worgen. A Sanlayn form and a beast/vampire bat form and this would balance out the idea that Alliance would get their undead version.

There could be a possibility that the new Lich King Bolvar would side with the Horde and he would lend the forces of San'layn to Sylvanas' cause. Bolvar not only has control of DKs but most the undead including the Vrykul , Drakarris, Val'kyrs.

It would be nice to have A dreadlord lead the Sanlayn and would once again ally himself to Sylvanas. Varimathras anyone?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-12 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Sanlayn but i doubt we will ever get them

- - - Updated - - -

And the San'Layn is like the equivalent of the top .1% of those guys that were personally chosen by TLK, and then specially given unique powers to become even stronger.
    Aren't the San'layn all the Blood Elves that died in Illidan's campaign against the Lich King? (When Illidan and company when to destroy the Lich King before Arthas got the thelm).

Note: Not saying they are many, but i guess is more than a group of elites warrior selected by the Lich King, those are the DKs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

Aren't the San'layn all the Blood Elves that died in Illidan's campaign against the Lich King? (When Illidan and company when to destroy the Lich King before Arthas got the thelm).

Note: Not saying they are many, but i guess is more than a group of elites warrior selected by the Lich King, those are the DKs :P
    No, many died and some were raised, but San'Layn were like the special super strong BELFs that TLK personally chose to be given those powers. They aren't your typical undead BELF. All of them are basically dungeon/raid boss level in power.

Which is why I can maybe see them as a future class, but not a race that starts at low level. Maybe a special race that already starts at max level that you can only have 1 of per server ala DH.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-07-12 at 06:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    San'layn could be the trump card for the Horde that would equate to Worgen. A Sanlayn form and a beast/vampire bat form and this would balance out the idea that Alliance would get their undead version.

There could be a possibility that the new Lich King Bolvar would side with the Horde and he would lend the forces of San'layn to Sylvanas' cause. Bolvar not only has control of DKs but most the undead including the Vrykul , Drakarris, Val'kyrs.

It would be nice to have A dreadlord lead the Sanlayn and would once again ally himself to Sylvanas. Varimathras anyone?
    then it would be better a natherzin race who can turn into a mortal race out of combat

no one dislike vampires, people dislike damn elves, it is enough

and then again, there is al the lore problems who would need to retcon, in truth only a 3rd faction would make then work