Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    There's a gnome area with new art assets and buildings. Supposedly there was a community of gnomes in Kul Tiras that mysteriously vanished. In that area, there seems to be a big tunnel that's walled off. Considering some files relating to "junker gnomes" and a half mechanized prairie dog being filed as junker as well, I think there's a strong setup for a junker gnome allied race (half mechanized)
    Now that would be sweet as an allied race, cyborg gnomes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Top Contenders so far for next Allied Races are "Junker Gnomes", Vulpera, Mok'nathal and Light Undead (whatever Calia is).

Dragon race is possible, but so far don't have the backup that the above four have. We know dragons are coming but there are no hints or mentions of a race that would be player compatible. Meanwhile the above four are either in the game, are in the files, or are set-up to appear (both Junker Gnomes and Light Undead, especially with Uther's Tomb being turned into a Racial Hub looking area.)

There's also the fact that Kul Tiras paladins got retconed out of Beta... leaving a Paladin spot to be filled.
    The Paladin spot will be filled eventually Zandalari Paladin on the Horde side, they have only not confirmed it because it would ruin the 8.1 Zandalari quest chains if they confirmed it this early.

10+ Year Old Account
    "only" we usually get 1 or 2 races

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Along with new voices, new mounts, new lore, new racials, new customization options, etc. And at least some of them, like Kul'tiran humans, aren't reskins of existing anything. And before you even think about saying it, no, they are NOT reskins of pandaren. At all.
    Maybe, I actually don't care for new races because I'm faithfull to my... blood elf !

And please, customisation options ? I never see my BE face even if I hide my helm ! I always zoom out at maximum (like 99% of people I guess)

I think "Light undead" are a weird idea, maybe some undeads can be "good" but most of them are evil. Humans hate undeads
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-07-12 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    if they don't add the Vulpera as playable, there will be a LOT of disappointed players.
    And hopefully those disappointed furry loving players quit and don't come back. Furry Goblins is all they are. I hate how every new model that was added to the game or every new faction caused an "omg that must be a new allied race" cluster fook.
    Kthxhugsbye

10+ Year Old Account
    oooo Core feature of a major expansion with little to nothing else to look forward to than leveling MORE characters, and an attempt to revamp the community woohoo. This is the result of splitting resources to worry about a crappy classic wow rebirth -_-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    I'd rather get new playable races than a flimsy new customization options to be honest since half the time you are covered in full armor anyway, though that's just me since I really like that BFA were they are finally adding new playable races which i've always wanted.
    But Allied Races are mostly a "flimsy new customization options" from races that already exist, you can barely spot the difference between a Lightforged Draeni and a Draenei or BF/Void Elf if both are covered in full armor.

Also, this: "half the time you are covered in full armor", make even useless to have a new race, that you never see anyway if you totally cover it or ask for new options like "tatoo". Is the reason why we have the options to hide some equips.

It's a pretty weak argoment.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    But Allied Races are mostly a "flimsy new customization options" from races that already exist, you can barely spot the difference between a Lightforged Draeni and a Draenei or BF/Void Elf if both are covered in full armor.

Also, this: "half the time you are covered in full armor", make even useless to have a new race, that you never see anyway if you totally cover it or ask for new options like "tatoo". Is the reason why we have the options to hide some equips.

Lightforged draenei got shafted. As someone who hasn't played one since BC - I literally can't tell the difference. I had to google "lightforged draenei vs normal draenei." And even then, it still looks pretty much the same to me. I would much rather have new races to choose from, or allied races. But, if the end result is the same effort that they put into the lightforged draenei - then yeah, I would have to agree with you - just give us more customization to the current races and call it a day. At least then I don't have to grind rep to go to the barber....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Maybe, I actually don't care for new races because I'm faithfull to my... blood elf !

And please, customisation options ? I never see my BE face even if I hide my helm ! I always zoom out at maximum (like 99% of people I guess)

I think "Light undead" are a weird idea, maybe some undeads can be "good" but most of them are evil. Humans hate undeads
    And I will forever play my gnome toons above any gimmicky new race. But that doesn't mean I won't acknowledge the work and such that goes into them.

Also? Just because you zoom your camera out does not mean that '99%' of people do. Learn to make an argument/have a discussion without wasting people's time with made-up statistics.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    "Only"

If I was told I was getting 8 new races a few years ago I'd be pretty fucking happy.

That said, we'll probably get at least 2 more towards the end of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    Yeah. Having more options sucks. I feel like they should delete some of the choices so that it is just orc. Horde orc and Alliance orc.
    The game is oversaturated with race choices, don’t be obtuse.

Thing is Blizzard can only give so much story attention at a time, the more races we have the more that attention is split.

Deleted
    It's not confirmed, but when asked Ion said the objective of the expansion is to recruit the Zandalari and Kul'tirans.

Of course, everyone flipped when i sugested that may mean theres not gonna be anymore this expansion. So, yes, it's a possibility. Adding 8 new races in one go was already hardcore for blizz.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-07-13 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

True then again I am one of those people who really is indifferent about having less customization options also even more useless? I feel like I am playing a different race despite in full armor and the fact that they have different racials makes the experience different than adding more customizations, i'm all in for having more customization options but if I had to choose getting new playable races or new customization options i'd rather get new playable races unless it's customization options like increase height or increasing and decreasing body width etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    I would like a new class and not just new allied races.
    Then wait until bfa ends since it's not the perfect time to add a new class, maybe on the next one, I'd hope to get Tinker class since it's one of the really few classes left with originality

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    And hopefully those disappointed furry loving players quit and don't come back. Furry Goblins is all they are. I hate how every new model that was added to the game or every new faction caused an "omg that must be a new allied race" cluster fook.
    Oof dude. Maybe take in less salt with your diet. It's not gonna hurt you if other people want to enjoy something.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    well there are 0 new races for BfA. Allied races are sub races, not an entirely new race.
    Wrong.

They're not subraces.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Wrong.

They're not subraces.
    When people say subrace on wow forums they don't mean it literally, they mean "based off an existing race" which they are.

The only reason they aren't called Subrace in WoW is because
    A) "sub" has negative connotations in marketing (They're not a REAL race!!!)
    B) it opens up avenues for races based off other races that aren't ACTUALLY related to that race (like Vulpera)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The Paladin spot will be filled eventually Zandalari Paladin on the Horde side, they have only not confirmed it because it would ruin the 8.1 Zandalari quest chains if they confirmed it this early.
    What I mean is that Horde is definitely getting Shamans with Vulpera and Mok'nathal if they come out, so Kul Tirans not being paladins means that one of the other new Alliance races will be paladin (and I REALLY doubt Gnomes will be the pick).

When people say subrace on wow forums they don't mean it literally, they mean "based off an existing race" which they are.

The only reason they aren't called Subrace in WoW is because
    A) "sub" has negative connotations in marketing (They're not a REAL race!!!)
    B) it opens up avenues for races based off other races that aren't ACTUALLY related to that race (like Vulpera)

- - - Updated - - -

What I mean is that Horde is definitely getting Shamans with Vulpera and Mok'nathal if they come out, so Kul Tirans not being paladins means that one of the other new Alliance races will be paladin (and I REALLY doubt Gnomes will be the pick).
    They need to focus on getting Horde another Paladin race first in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    Please someone say no, I want to hold out infinitesimal hope for an ethereal.
    They're adding 8 new allied\sub-races, maybe more.

Ethereals wouldn't be a sub\allied-race anyway. So you're out of luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They need to focus on getting Horde another Paladin race first in my humble opinion.
    Zandalari. I will be fucking shocked if they don't get it.

If Blizzard didn't want to make them paladins they wouldn't have introduced them, they would have just quietly erased any mention of them like they did for the paladins on Kul Tiras during beta.

Zandalari. I will be fucking shocked if they don't get it.

If Blizzard didn't want to make them paladins they wouldn't have introduced them, they would have just quietly erased any mention of them like they did for the paladins on Kul Tiras during beta.
    That is what I said too and the fact that their Priests (which were confirmed) used Rezan as well so they will all lose their power eventually if something is not done.

I was actually looking forward to making a Kul'Trian Paladin, seems like a weird class choice to leave out.

Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    Yeah. Having more options sucks. I feel like they should delete some of the choices so that it is just orc. Horde orc and Alliance orc.
    Green Orc, Pink Orc, Horny Orc, Small Orc, Lanky Orc, Tiny Orc...