Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Should've put that one in as a underhanded comment. Glad it's out though.

While on the discussion of the Ethereal, given the statement they are just pure energy wrapped in cloth adding a face to them in such a state would seem inadequate. They are faceless after all.
    The Elemental Ascendants, however, uses the same rig as the Ethereal, but as they have a solid face they are far more likely to be added as Allied Races.
    Chances are still close to nil, though.
    Face is an absolutely doable feature for the Ethereals as for any other race. A bit tricky but still possible. They are just cloth wrapped around a pure energy into a way to create shape of an actual body. Yet still they are absolutely able to wear additional armor and also hold weapons in their not so real hands. So the cloth can be wrapped around the head as well and the little holes in it would act as their eyes and a mouth. They would have no skin obviously but the wrappings could still create quite a few different shapes of "eyes" and "mouths". Some extra pieces of cloth could be added to the head and act as a hair or just a feature similar to how the ears work on goblins. The energy behind the wrappings could be in different colors and the wrappings could be in different colors as well.

I mean yeah, they wouldn't be able to look like a typical humanoid and have that many facial details, but people who want them already know why do they want them - and I bet that it isn't because of their facial expressions.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-07-12 at 07:30 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    They've said Allied Races are a core feature of BfA, so I'd assume 2 with every patch major or .5 patch, at least. Anything less will be a massive disappointment.
    Is it confirmed that there are only going to be 8 new races for battle for azeroth?
    There is something wrong with the people on this forum. Something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Green Orc, Pink Orc, Horny Orc, Small Orc, Lanky Orc, Tiny Orc...
    Please and "me not that kind of orc" orc too!
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by ond View Post
    Please and "me not that kind of orc" orc too!
    Let's not forget the next Horde Allied race to be released, Orcier Orcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    We really need short Gnomes as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The game is oversaturated with race choices, don’t be obtuse.

Thing is Blizzard can only give so much story attention at a time, the more races we have the more that attention is split.
    Ha yeah ok. I am glad Blizzard doesn't share your narrow minded opinion about oversaturation of races.

Ive been rather pleased so far overall with the new races. I leveled up two so far to unlock their racial armors and switched my main to one.

A little off topic, I would really like them to fix Worgen graphically (face/animation/etc). It was tossed around then mentioned (I think) that it was pushed back to a latter bfa patch. I hope that is still on the table.

8 already nearly doubles our raceload, be satisfied already!

(though I'd totally be on board for more old style "sub-races" like when the highborne of dire maul joined the night elves and gave them mages. Gives an excuse for another class/race combo or two and some customization options.)

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I was actually looking forward to making a Kul'Trian Paladin, seems like a weird class choice to leave out.
    I think it's a nice way to set them away from the Green Stormwind identity they had earlier in WoW, and absolutely so if we're getting a Lordaeron allied race themed mostly around Priests/Paladins. Let Stormwind and Lordaeron have the Light themeing while Gilneas gets Druids and Kul Tirans get Shamans (and Druids).

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Here are some Ethereals and jolly goodness, look at their facial expressions!
    Spoiler: 

Taken from the reddit thread "(Discussion) Ethereals as playable race - good idea or bad idea?"

The Allied Races system is most likely going to be the go-to introducing new races, rather than create something from the ground as they did with the Draenei/Blood Elves/Pandaren (granted, some of them especially Chen was in Warcraft III) and adding to the roster.
    For immersion & monetary gains, Allied Races is a great idea to introduce eventual later races which may or may not be racial variants of the current ones. Highlights the RPG factor which Blizzard is trying to enforce even harder.
    And a very quick preview of two different face options for the Ethereals:

I bet the art team could create even better concepts.

However I do agree that they are not the best choice for an allied race. A race on their own, a classic one perhaps. With some cool story and stuff. Not just a 5 minute introduction questline.

You can't really use the Ethereal model for another race, so that's probably why they aren't an Allied Race. Even the most unique allied race (Kul Tiran) will probably be reused (Mok'nathal), you can't really use spindly space mummies for anything else.

They'll be a regular race if anything yeah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    True then again I am one of those people who really is indifferent about having less customization options also even more useless? I feel like I am playing a different race despite in full armor and the fact that they have different racials makes the experience different than adding more customizations, i'm all in for having more customization options but if I had to choose getting new playable races or new customization options i'd rather get new playable races unless it's customization options like increase height or increasing and decreasing body width etc.
    I understant your point of view, but for me that I'm playing the same class/race since wotlk (since vanilla I was a troll shaman) it's like to be stuck forever and I dont have many options as an Ally shaman (that dont like dwarf). Also, if just having different racials is enought to you to feel your race as a very new, it's the same for me about having new customization options.

BTW, I have this sensations... that Blizzard was working on new customization options and/or sub races but at certain point they realize that can do "better" and make them as Allied Races. If so, probably we never see in this expansion any real "new allied races", just what was planned as customization/sub races like Mecagnomes, or will happen at very end of BfA.

I hope at certain point we can have both, so we can be all happy.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    You underestimate people who want a new race

[COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR

I disagree that isn't enough, This is BFA were allied playable races is becoming a thing, I'd expect 2-6 more races that haven't been confirmed or heard become playable.
    If they keep it to BfA that’s fine. But if they start doing 3 or 4 every future expansion it will suck.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    if they don't add the Vulpera as playable, there will be a LOT of disappointed players.
    sure 20 players are alot.

Deleted
    Ethereals and Arakkoa would both be cool, also Ogres. Naga don't make much sense tbh I guess maybe some that have sided with Illidan but they have appearance/animation problems. Murlocs are too dumb. Furbolg could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    Please someone say no, I want to hold out infinitesimal hope for an ethereal.
    Ethereal would be a new race, where this expansion has been all about Allied races(sub races). They could possibly be added for the Void Expansion that most likely is coming next, unless blizzard tries to prolong it further. Hopefully a lore more customization options happen for them and a lot of redesigns if they ever do get added.

The only Allied Race I'd even want at this point would be Mogu. If the Horde gets fucking Vulpera then it will just confirm that Blizzard doesn't give two fucks about the Horde anymore, especially with how the story is turning out so far in BfA.

ONLY 8?

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    If you asked this question a few years ago people would call you an idiot for expecting EIGHT races from an expansion. Look at where we are now though... jesus, like eight isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    those are in fact new, but those are usually called "allied races", not necessarily "new" races. Hence my confusion
    Gotcha. No worries. I still consider them new races though. They have their own racials, voices, customization features, emotes/jokes and whatnot, different class restrictions. Pretty much everything you want in a race without a starter zone, which is replaced by by questing throughout the expansion. I would expect to see more traditional races if the theme presents it self. I do enjoy the Allied races though.