10+ Year Old Account
    There's no need to take the issue beyond what it is/was. She said some dumb shit, got fired for it, what's done is done. Some people are looking to take it further or push other narratives that aren't necessary.

Its a shame Peter Fries went down with her but he chose that battle and it would have looked bad for Anet if both weren't let go.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! lol. Always nice when karma happens so quickly.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Awesome! lol. Always nice when karma happens so quickly.
    Anet getting flack for firing her though because of News sites not telling the whole story. They did the right thing though and she's a terrible person. Wish there was ONE news site that didn't fucking forge the truth.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Anet getting flack for firing her though because of News sites not telling the whole story. They did the right thing though and she's a terrible person. Wish there was ONE news site that didn't fucking forge the truth.
    Not a 'big' news site, but MassivelyOP kind of did a neutral article on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    MOP is good about updating ongoing stories. Most of the MMO blogs have actually covered this pretty fairly and thoroughly, actually.

Sometimes MOP's writers piss me off with some dumb shit, but they're usually a good bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's just so hilarious since they usually show her initial tweet (not the rando one) which quotes his super-polite line with her "female dev" line. Then they turn that into sock puppet accounts and stuff. I wandered twitter a bit last night, decided if I read too many of these people defending her, I'll run out of game companies I like and think I'll just ignore it all from here on out.

It goes for everything though, most of these social media devices have private settings. If you only want discussion/ feedback from a select group, aim it there. If you post to the public, expect the public to believe they're part of the discussion.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There's no need to take the issue beyond what it is/was. She said some dumb shit, got fired for it, what's done is done. Some people are looking to take it further or push other narratives that aren't necessary.

Its a shame Peter Fries went down with her but he chose that battle and it would have looked bad for Anet if both weren't let go.
    I can see how it was a tough decision to make. At the end of the day all he did was say some stupid shit online.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    I don't expect the media coverage to be... neutral on the matter.

The reality is that this person was toxic and let go after being toxic with the community.

She has every right to her opinion -- but not attacking the playerbase she works for.

EDIT: As expected, Kotaku gave their mandatory biased "feedback" that nobody asked for. (See what I did there?)

Many of these journalist don't know, but you sign a contract when you're hired by AAA game companies that literally states that your public image represent the company. If you do things that hurts the company, that's ground for being fired.
    A lot of the coverage made me lose faith in a lot of writers.

I get that a lot of developers get flak from a playerbase. I get that a lot of the flak they get isn't justified, but that doesn't make it okay to lash out at a polite customer.

If I get cussed out by a shitty customer, that doesn't mean I can be rude to the person who says "Excuse me, could you get me some extra sauce?"

And yet, I see a lot of people defending this cunt for that very reason. Shit is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it abhorrent she hasn't realized there is no line between a developer's personal account and an official company account. That's pretty much in every corporate rule book now that we're in a digital age. And to rally the journalist troops to fucking slam Anet for this, when she's in the wrong, is disgusting. Her defense is literally "But this is my personal twitter so I can be a douchebag all I want without repercussions".

Fuck her. She's terrible. Good riddance.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2018-07-09 at 04:44 AM.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I find it abhorrent she hasn't realized there is no line between a developer's personal account and an official company account.
    I mean, there IS a line, but when you're identifying yourself as a company person, publicly discussing the company product on an open forum, you've crossed that line.

I work in retail, we talk shit about stupid customers all the time. We do it in the backroom, not yelling to each other across the aisles.

There is an odd function of the internet generation where they think they are isolated from consequences, while simultaneously believing that everyone else that does something wrong needs to be publicly outed and punished for their perceived actions. I'm sure this person has called out others for their tweets that she disliked and sought out a way to punish them for it via emailing their company or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, we touched on this earlier, and it's just a generational difference I guess. They see stuff like Twitter as just being another facet of their real social life or something, whereas someone my age sees it as the equivalent of walking onto a busy street corner and shouting something in front of some cameras.

It's in public. You're in public. No matter how much they try to tell themselves that it's "My Space" or something, it's not. It's out there in public.
    Especially when she sets her profile to public when there's an option for private.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Have come back after years. Got the game during release and played for a few months.

A lot to catch up with. Anything I should especially know? I have a lvl 75 sylvari thief i left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Have come back after years. Got the game during release and played for a few months.

A lot to catch up with. Anything I should especially know? I have a lvl 75 sylvari thief i left behind
    I would say...start fresh :P. If not, just work on the personal story then go into HoT and then PoF story, it would give You couple of days to work on something, then its up to You. Do fractals, pvp, find a raiding guild etc., just like in every generic MMO tbh. You first big goal is to grind for ascended gear then for the legendary and its a quite some work to do to get those :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post

If you had started earlier today, there was a thief bug where people were doing 390k DPS. Soloing bosses in a little over a minute. Fixed now

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    I would say...start fresh :P. If not, just work on the personal story then go into HoT and then PoF story, it would give You couple of days to work on something, then its up to You. Do fractals, pvp, find a raiding guild etc., just like in every generic MMO tbh. You first big goal is to grind for ascended gear then for the legendary and its a quite some work to do to get those :P
    Eh i left wow last year after I couldnt fit it in anymore. Think ill just casually play and do things for the fun of it or to collect fashion and look good.

Jeez, if you thought Price was delusional and self-absorbed before, just wait until you see her latest set of tweets.

I can't help but feel like there's something wrong with her.
    I like how she managed to twist "Jessica and Peter were also part of the team that brought you the kidnapping scene in Episode 1, which was a wonderfully well-executed scene" to "Mike O'Brien's most recent statement reduces my contribution to GW2 to one scene from one episode.". How she managed to get a writer's job with such a poor reading comprehension is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

The unfortunate part is that there's absolutely plenty of valid discussion to be had in Anets reaction, how companies handle social media policies for employees, and more coming out of all of this. Seriously, this would actually be a great moment for some serious discussion on the part of developers and companies leadership/HR departments to figure out the best policies and practices to handle social media incidents/drama like this. This also extends to discussions on how to best educate/manage fans on how to best interact with developers on social media as well.

But unfortunately it's getting drowned out in the "culture war" that's brewed and has been stoked by Price, a number of gaming sites, and the shit-stirrers who have been waiting for any "excuse" to attack Price for anything.

I mean, it's the internet so there's going to be a bunch of idiots. The news sites found some guy proclaiming that now the fans can dictate Anets policy and blah blah blah, but it's not like that guy actually represents anything. She still doesn't see how her presence on her private channel was company related, while grouping all detractors into one group to dismiss them all by the worst elements she can find.

So her statements (presenting her experience with the company and discussing the work she does at that company on a public format) should not be taken as the Group (company).

The statements of random individuals on the same internet should be taken as representative of all customers (well, male customers) though.

Even if, (especially if) she regularly got men talking down to her as a dev because she's a woman, that doesn't excuse how she handled a very polite reply to a topic she presented to the world. "I can see your point, thanks for not talking down to me" or anything, would have worked better to still get her oppression out in the open while not being rude to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this was a situation entirely of her own creation and furthered entirely by her own actions. And if you want my honest opinion? She fucking loves this.
    It's quite obvious that she's reveling in the drama like no other. Sounds like an entitled shit bag who knows she doesn't have to work to get paid now. She'll go to conventions and crusade her cause being a paid guest to be openly sexist and misrepresent facts. It's like she thought to herself...hrm...my life is quiet, wouldn't it be great if I could be the center of Gamergate 2 and make a lot of money for complaining about things that never happened...

I seriously hate that it's so transparently fucktastic because I fully support when people get screwed and stand up for themselves to the betterment of our society. But this is like she sat in a closet watching Handmaid's Tale for 72 hours without sleeping and came out acting like ArenaNet was that world. Meanwhile their story has always been that she was awesome at what she did and they hope we remember her for those awesome moments, not the moment where she lost all composure and made an utter fool of herself in the public spotlight by being a jerk to a customer who was engaging in open dialogue with her.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    The best part is that after JP's, "Oh, I won't say who the women are, the mob will get them! /dramatic" nonsense, this thread was posted:

https://twitter.com/StillNotSam/stat...76070574940160

I mean, it doesn't mention JP or her post, but it's pretty awesome and the community seems to love it.
    Yeah, interesting to see all the female staff coming out with giant and positive messages about their work. Almost like when the crazy bitch goes, everyone can go back to enjoying their careers. Here's an interesting reply from that post though, lol:

@JamesJRaynor
    Replying to @StillNotSam @spacefeather
    because of the terrible way ArenaNet treats all its female employees i'm boycotting Guild Wars 2.

@cheddarcheesie
    Replying to @JamesJRaynor @StillNotSam @spacefeather
    But look at all the wonderful women working at anet? This is honestly the most diverse and inclusive company in the industry, don't believe some fabrication that JP is creating. Any company would fire someone who lashed out at their fans, male or female

@JamesJRaynor
    you must be a man.
    BAD WOLF

I mean, it doesn't mention JP or her post, but it's pretty awesome and the community seems to love it.
    The community has largely been rallying around the devs writ-large since this nonsense. Yeah, there's still a lot of bullshit going on and the bandwagon trolls are still causing shit, but from what I've seen the community seems to be making a pretty concerted effort to reach out/respond to developers in a show of support for the work they do and their respectful engagement with the community.

It's been pretty rad to see again, because it's kinda how it's always been, it's just been more low key since it was "normal" behavior/interactions between devs/community more or less up until recently.