Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When can EA give us a real C&C game?

What is EA thinking? Is RTS dead?

If you were put in charge of making the next C&C game what would you do? Would you bring back GDI and NOD? Return to the wackyness of Red Alert?

They put Bioware in that trailer!

Can a RTS game with RPG elements such as moral choices work? Would it be fun to create your own commander?

Never.

The mobile game was the final nail in the coffin of spitting on a once great franchise.

Sadly EA are the studio that acquires other studios and runs them into the ground or then proceeds to barely support them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly EA will never do it. There is not enough money in it anymore.

I still play my old command & conquer game or red alert 1
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as they're concerned, they are with this new one.

So, never...
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will never see C&C again, EA shot it buried it, dug it up shot it again and cremated it..

If only they would sell off the C&C name, but these companies never let anything go until they implode and other companies get to buy off their shit.

The trailer doesn't tell me anything about the gameplay. Based on that cinematic it could be an FPS.

Havin Bioware on it doesn't tell me anything anymore. As far as I knowthe company died when EA bought it and now it's totally new developers with the same nametag.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Sadly EA will never do it. There is not enough money in it anymore.

I still play my old command & conquer game or red alert 1
    Theres LOTS of money in it. If they could ever manage to send out a product that wasn't a pathetic pile of shit. Sadly EA is run by a bunch of fucking morons who wouldn't know a good idea if it slapped them in the face with their dicks.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I miss Generals.

Nuke Overlords, ftw.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    If only they would sell off the C&C name, but these companies never let anything go until they implode and other companies get to buy off their shit.
    Who would they sell it to? Who is honestly making large budget RTS games in this day and age? Literally no one.

Never.

C&C and really RTS's overall is dead.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

likely not, the last good CnC game was Red Alert 2, which oddly was the last one developed by Westwood, everything after that has been generic rts (Generals, CNC4), trying to hard (Tiberian Wars, Kanes Wrath), or made by someone on drugs (Red Alert 3). Oddly enough at this point there is more bad/mediocre CnC games than good ones.

CnC - Good
    Red Alert - Amazing
    Tiberium Sun - Good
    Red Alert 2 - Gold Standard
    Renegade - Generic FPS
    Generals - Generic RTS
    CnC3 - Lazy and trying to hard but unable to be good
    Red Alert 3 - Made by people on drugs
    CnC4 - Literly no one liked it that's being honest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What is EA thinking? Is RTS dead?
    RTS is not as popular as other genres for a reason. When did you try last time to play any RTS competitive online? I tried SC2 ages ago and it's not as fun as it used to be. I don't know what it is. Games are too long? Repetitivness? It's hard to tell but if I have to play PvP I personally prefer fighting games or FPS (quicker games and I feel like I get more out of each match).

Another reason is that this genre is hard to monetize. The best idea so far came from Blizzard with co-op commanders in SC2 LoV and I admit I played this mode quite a bit. Unlocking new stuff for your commanders was enjoyable and addicting but after level 15 I was bored again and moved on.

Don't get me wrong I love RTS with good story but after I finish it, I never play it again. I played a lot RTS multiplayer when I was younger. From 1998 to 2006 (Starcraft and BW, Warcraft 3 and FT, Red Alert 2, Emperor: Battle for Dune) and then from 2009 to 2010 (SC2 Wings of Liberty Beta and 1st season). After that I moved on to other game genres and stayed there for competitive gameplay.

There is hope for us all though. I feel like I will come back for Warcraft 3 Remasterred multiplayer for longer than few weeks. I'm confident they will announce it this Blizzcon (all new patches for W3 and Warfront mode in BfA hints at that).

I was in the Generals 2 alpha, I actually was enjoying it. That message about it being scrapped made me sad, I love me some C&C.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

about the same time as they give us a real Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate (Wars) or KotOR
    this IS EA we're talking about after all. they take good franchises and developers, milk as much money out of them as possible until the name value is completely gone and then bury them in the yard with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Genres don't die, they just go to sleep until they become trendy again.
    I'm not certain the RTS will ever be trendy again. It's a demanding genre that has always been rather niche, Starcraft aside. It could get publisher backing when the game market was smaller, but now that AAA games cost tons of money and are expected to provide tons of sweet, sweet microtransaction money, there's no place for such a genre anymore outside of indie or smaller AA studios like Relic or Creative Assembly. And sadly Relic hasn't been in great form lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunelly doubt it will ever again happend big game in C&C setting for reasons are mentioned.

I think also, when i look on last years RTS games releases, there was not much good games. Most games were big no names, while games like Spellforce 3 or Blitzkrieg 3 were not good enough. Yeah Ancestors: Legacy is not big too, but is actually decent at least in my pov. But i think as well, that even blizz stoped keeping much atention to SC2. This year only one map for CO-OP were released, no commander.

Unfortunelly even DoW3 was an failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see C&C return. In the likes C&C1/Tiberian Sun/Red Alert1/2 would be perfect. Ever since these entries the series just got weird and silly.
    Generals was really cool too, but it had little to no C&C vibe for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    The trailer doesn't tell me anything about the gameplay. Based on that cinematic it could be an FPS.

Havin Bioware on it doesn't tell me anything anymore. As far as I knowthe company died when EA bought it and now it's totally new developers with the same nametag.
    It was cancelled years ago.. So it's not like you have anything to look forward to. That trailer was from 2013.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Never, contrary to the 5 guys that get upset when you say it, and im a tank controls survival horror fan so i understand, RTS is a dead genre.