Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I mean, many of the kids who will not be reunited seem to be legit, as many of this cases sound like there was some kind of child trafficking involved. In the case of those who were just deported it sounds kinda problematic.

Deleted
    And some, of those kids are good people.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    All from a political party that constantly harps on about family values...
    Only white family values matter to the Republicans. White, Christian family values.
    Same thing when it comes to abortion. The moment you're born with color you're fucked.

Deleted
    its 10pm

do you know where your children are?
    Is the answer "not watching faux news" ?

Is it, is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Is the answer "not watching faux news" ?

Is it, is it?
    I hope youre not. That slogan as far as I know used to run at the start of Fox news at 10pm every night. Not sure if it still on it.

Deleted
    I hope youre not. That slogan as far as I know used to run at the start of Fox news at 10pm every night. Not sure if it still on it.
    Lol I actually remember that slogan, now you mention it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So the first half of those are kind of reasonable reasons
    What precise reasons do we have to believe any claims from ICE again?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

42,500 in June and that's just the illegal immigrants we caught. How many do you suppose they catch? 50%? 25%?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

42,500 in June and that's just the illegal immigrants we caught. How many do you suppose they catch? 50%? 25%?
    Curious why on earth this matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    its 10pm

do you know where your children are?

awww poor child abusers and kidnappers not getting their children back

If people are being deported they should be reunited with their kids straight away. I can't see how they're not.

It looks like the majority of those cases are a shit show though. Pretty glad they're taking the kids into custody rather than giving them back to "parents" that could take advantage/abuse them more.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I wonder what have happened to the kids if they would have stayed in Mexico. Wonder if America would have separated them? That's a tough question if you're a liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    If people are being deported they should be reunited with their kids straight away. I can't see how they're not.

It looks like the majority of those cases are a shit show though. Pretty glad they're taking the kids into custody rather than giving them back to "parents" that could take advantage/abuse them more.
    Yes. Like if you get caught doing something illegal and you have a kid with you or your own kids, you should totally be reunited cause at that point you're above the law.

This whole nonsense has jack shit to do with children. The children are just an emotional button we’re pressing to cloud the issue. Simple fact is one side of the argument believes in sovereign nations with the right to control their borders, and the other believes in a borderless, global society. The latter understands though their vision doesn’t yet hold water with most voters and so they make emotional appeals about the impoverished, and now “the children!” So that we’ll somehow feel responsible for people to whom we owe nothing who endangered themselves and their kids by attempting to cross a border they had no right to cross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    This whole nonsense has jack shit to do with children. The children are just an emotional button we’re pressing to cloud the issue. Simple fact is one side of the argument believes in sovereign nations with the right to control their borders, and the other believes in a borderless, global society. The latter understands though their vision doesn’t yet hold water with most voters and so they make emotional appeals about the impoverished, and now “the children!” So that we’ll somehow feel responsible for people to whom we owe nothing who endangered themselves and their kids by attempting to cross a border they had no right to cross.
    "They're trying to make us feel empathy for other human beings!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Are you aware that it is possible to be against family separation, but also against a completely borderless society? Crazy, right. Human beings are actually able to have differentiated viewpoints that do not automatically fall into "there are two kinds of people" statements. Just like you will find, in this very thread, people who do not mind children not being brought back to dangerous families/not their families, but irked that some are not reunited with perfectly fine parents simply due to officials not properly documenting things etc.

I personally do not mind illegal immigrants being turned around/deported - but think the children should go with them, unless there is reason to believe that traffickingis going on. Sometimes "the children!" is not just emotional manipulation, but the whole point of something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is arguing for borderless anything. Just deport them.

Don't build fucking concentration camps (don't mistake them for death camps!) for children. Just roll back to before this "zero tolerance" bullshit was implemented, and stop treating humans outside your country as if they are something akin to animals.

The depravity of it all is just mind-boggling. The party of family values indeed.

And fuck ICE. It basically took a court order before they were even trying to return the children to their parents, which has proven to be rather challenging, as they never bothered to document shit about anything.
    Last edited by Santti; 2018-07-13 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    All from a political party that constantly harps on about family values...
    Well it's kinda important to find out/make sure that those kids actually belong to the adults they are with. How would you like it if someone stole your child and took it to another country and used for drug muling, sex or slave labor?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Nobody is arguing for borderless anything. Just deport them.

Don't build fucking concentration camps (don't mistake them for death camps!) for children. Just roll back to before this "zero tolerance" bullshit was implemented, and stop treating humans outside your country as if they are something akin to animals.

The depravity of it all is just mind-boggling. The party of family values indeed.

And fuck ICE. It basically took a court order before they were even trying to return the children to their parents, which has proven to be rather challenging, as they never bothered to document shit about anything.
    Do you feel this way about all parents separated from their kids in the USA or just the Mexicans? There are people all the time separated from theirs kids do you have the same outrage over that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "They're trying to make us feel empathy for other human beings!"
    It's actually because they are kids we have to do this. Kids being used as drug mules, sex or slaves or both. You have to make sure the kids belong to the people they are with.

or would you rather just trust them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some serious strawmanning going on in here.

People should not enter the country illegally.

Our government should also have better documentation practices in place so that those who are being separated can immediately be reunited after being debriefed.

We're supposed to be a first-world country, not some backwater that treats people poorly, illegal or no.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I wonder what have happened to the kids if they would have stayed in Mexico. Wonder if America would have separated them? That's a tough question if you're a liberal.
    Most of them don't come from Mexico, they come from central America. And the answer to what would happen them if they stayed? Well the answer is dead in many cases. There is a reason they are fleeing, and it isn't because they got tired of Tacos.