10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    ok, patch next week... Muffinus that informs us to consume the tokens NOW, I would say that is a confirmation! ^^;

Jeremy Feasel @Muffinus
    Reminder: if you have pet battle charms and need levelling stones and other consumables, BUY THEM NOW.
    Many things will not be available for purchase with that currency when pre-patch goes live!
    I mean that's not a very good confirmation, Blizzard has been saying to do the mage tower "now" for the past few weeks because it's closing in the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I personally think it'll be the 17th, but no one but Blizzard really knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    I personally think it'll be the 17th, but no one but Blizzard really knows.
    Honestly because of the mage tower alone I think this is one of those rare times blizzard should of given the date out weeks ago. Telling them only soon or only with a few days left seems like a really bad idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Anytime a non white/cis/male (white or the main race in the universe) is not the "main" character, you'll have people bitching and crying "SJW".

Funny.
    Personally IMO the main character should always be the best character to fit into the stories narrative and themes, regardless of gender and race. If you're just making a character to tick off a box on your diversity bingo card though, then you're doing it wrong.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Closure of the mage tower irrelevant to the release date, people have had almost a year and a half to do it with multiple indirect nerfs such as gear from raids, and more recently, with increasing concordance levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How can you even tell it's forced? What would a 'natural' conclusion be? Grom was an old fart with grey hair and wrinkles, and a warrior who wanted to die in combat. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be his time?
    I hope I don't get blasted for this but just going to attempt to explain.

DISCLAIMER: I don't really care honestly whether it's a woman or man in the lead role as long as they're just done well.

Anyways!

I think when people say "forced" they mean it like "in the span of a few months there's suddenly an 'entire cast' of female leaders coming out of the wood works.

But I think this is what people mean by "forced" it's like suddenly everyone is trying to hurriedly showcase: Hey we LOVE and RESPECT Women leaders too!

Think of it like "forced" being equivalent to saying bandwagon. There's definitely a bandwagon of showcasing powerful women in video games industry right now. And Blizzard jumping on it as well, while respectable and okay, is what comes across as what people term, "forced".

Again, at least this is how "forced" comes to my mind when I see it written. I don't care that women are leading now, but in the short amount of time span between Legion ending and this huge cast of females turning up? Yeah that's part of the video games industry bandwagon if I've ever seen one.

Also again, not anything bad or good or whatever, just a definite observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Personally IMO the main character should always be the best character to fit into the stories narrative and themes, regardless of gender and race. If you're just making a character to tick off a box on your diversity bingo card though, then you're doing it wrong.
    This is my sentiment as well. Good articulation!

I wouldnt be surprised if the announce it the day before, monday july 16th, blizz already fucked up with the dates this time around.
    Last edited by Musta; 2018-07-13 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Closure of the mage tower irrelevant to the release date, people have had almost a year and a half to do it with multiple indirect nerfs such as gear from raids, and more recently, with increasing concordance levels.
    Yes and no. While I agree that they've had plenty of time to do it, you're also forgetting you're dealing with a very fickle bunch of people.
    A lot of the time I've found that in the real world people more often do shit at the last minute rather than actively go out of the way to do things, and if you give a proper patch date anyone tracking the numbers would very likely see a sharp spike in participation numbers because that's just how a lot of people are.

I mean obviously if they miss out it is entirely the players fault, but we both know they're not going to see it like that, and to avoid a large shitstorm Blizzard can easily avoid the brunt of it by posting an official date and being done with it.

Edit: Edited so it actually makes sense.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2018-07-12 at 11:41 PM.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

5+ Year Old Account
    It's "Forced" because when a whole bunch of new Lore Characters were going to be added to the game at once (The Allied Race Leaders, the Zandalari, Kul'tiras) more of the newly introduced characters were female. That's literally it. If it had been 90% dudes getting added to the game at once in all those roles, it wouldn't be "Forced" and anyone who remarked on how they were all men would just be dismissed for overreacting about nothing.

It's a bunch of people overreacting about nothing.

@Seramore
    @infinitemeridian didn't post that comment out of nowhere. The posts that prompted it were Deleted. They were, essentially, the issue outlined above but included the fantastic addition of "Womyn" in one of the posts as a derogation of feminist ideology.

Good talk.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Honestly because of the mage tower alone I think this is one of those rare times blizzard should of given the date out weeks ago. Telling them only soon or only with a few days left seems like a really bad idea.
    I don't get that argument. We've known for months that Mage Tower is going away, and everyone knows that its going to happen one of these weeks. Anyone that wanted to get it done will have done it. If you slack with this and then suddenly get surprised by a patch day, you only have yourself to blame for not acting the last months.

Basically, do the things you want done already. Knowing a date doesn't change this.

It doesn't matter if it's "forced" or "political" or whatever - once you realize that the people that spout this crap all the time have an ever receding horizon for what is deemed "appropriate" for (insert female, non-hetero, non-white character), you'll understand that it they're all just full of shit.

Some people are really bad at baiting here.

too all the people saying "it's forced" "to fit a political agenda" etc...

you do realise that's exactly what you're saying for every single one of the characters that isn't a male, white or of the predominant race/gender.

Every. Single. Time.

You're the one seeing conspiracies everywhere.

You're the problem.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I really don't care if the characters are male or female, but it does bother me when some narrative device or character feels forced.

It's a bit strange that so many leader characters introduced recently have been female (just to name a few: Talyssra, Mayla, Geyah'ra, Talanji), but it still hasn't felt forced to me because there are still male characters doing stuff, and none of the females feel particularly forced into their position, so I'm fine with them.
    That's how I see it as well. Also their gender is really kind of irrelevant. Talanji could be a dude and nothing about her/him would change, same for Thal. It is a bit weird that every allied race leader save Turalyon is a chick, but there were times were almost every important character was a dude save one or two so it's hardly a first.

I don't think there's much being "forced", because most of these female characters becoming important... well, they make sense. Them leading seems like the natural way it should be.

Who leads the Dark Irons? The one who's been leading them since Cata, Moira.
    Who leads the void elves? The reason why they even exist, Alleria.
    Who leads the Highmountain tauren? The one who was their leader since we met them, Mayla.
    Who leads the Shal'dorei? Thalyssra, whom we helped get that position through Legion.
    Who leads the Kul'tirans? The most famous Kul'tiran we have, Jaina. Like, there are three other candidates, none of which was 100% canon before now (and one of which is a woman as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Reminder: if you have pet battle charms and need levelling stones and other consumables, BUY THEM NOW.
    Many things will not be available for purchase with that currency when pre-patch goes live!
    Toys and stuff like that are still available, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I don't get that argument. We've known for months that Mage Tower is going away, and everyone knows that its going to happen one of these weeks. Anyone that wanted to get it done will have done it. If you slack with this and then suddenly get surprised by a patch day, you only have yourself to blame for not acting the last months.

Basically, do the things you want done already. Knowing a date doesn't change this.
    And in essence I agree with that, that the people who don't do it don't have a right to bitch, but lets be real here, if you don't announce a date and then it's suddenly gone there will be a lot of bitching, whether you personally feel it's justified or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    There's actually a reason for this. Predominately in media (probably for more than the past hundred years or so) the main protagonists or characters are white men, or at least men. People have grown accustomed to this, especially those who feel they are being represented. Thus, when other groups finally get a chance to be represented, and the previous majority is slightly less of majority, they feel as if they're being marginalized and no longer catered to.

It's a psychological thing, y'know? It takes a lot of introspection and awareness to understand that you're not really getting screwed over, it's just that a small amount of resources and creativity dedicated to your group is being diverted to other groups who never had it even remotely close to as good as you have it.

Yeah.
    That's not really it, not worth talking in this thread though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hoping it's either really early July or probably the pre-patch will be late July will go into the August month, until Battle for Azeroth releases the Zandalar stuff and what not...
    Here is hoping for the later, since I want to play again in August anyway, and not in July...Just saying...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That's not really it, not worth talking in this thread though.
    It's never worth talking about this stuff because both sides will have their minds set and refuse to see other perspectives.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ive-july-18th/

Well, here you go 17th/18th nay sayers.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread