Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Time for a new class without a DPS spec. All tank, all healing, or a mix.

WoW needs more tanks and healers.

I think a class with 3 tank specs would be fun. Focusing on different weapon combos ie: first spec- polearm & shield, second spec- fist & shield, third spec - mace & shield.

Different abilities surrounded by the main weapon & shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Because you don't have a race on both faction which can utilize this class, unlike the DH class that was given to the elves of both the Horde and the Alliance.

Dark Rangers are undead high elves.

Didn't stop Death Knights from having Gnomes. Where were the Gnome Death Knights before Wrath? Dark Rangers can expand to Void Elves, Humans, and practically any race they wish and choose. If Gnome Death Knights exist then any combination of Dark Ranger is possible. It's just a matter of what backstory they decide to go with for a playable class; one that adheres to Undead Elves or one that doesn't and is a new generation trained by... anyone.

Nathanos Blightcaller is a Dark Ranger and he doesn't look like an Elf to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Time for a new class without a DPS spec. All tank, all healing, or a mix.

WoW needs more tanks and healers.

I think a class with 3 tank specs would be fun. Focusing on different weapon combos ie: first spec- polearm & shield, second spec- fist & shield, third spec - mace & shield.

Different abilities surrounded by the main weapon & shield.
    Dragonsworn would fit that perfectly.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-03 at 06:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Dragonsworn would fit that perfectly.
    The problem with Dragonsworn is that there is no basis for it in any Blizzard games. Like what would a Dragonsworn do exactly?

There is Chromie and Alexstranza (and eventually Blackwing) from HotS, but those are actually dragons, not Dragonsworn.

Timewardens could work as a Dragonsworn class, but frankly Time Magic is too limited to develop multiple specs out of.

Deleted
    So, theres a few factors why i think Dark Ranger is just a tease.

First, how many specs would it have? Would blizzard release a new pure dps class? I'm sure they have said before that they wouldnt, so a hybrid is guaranteed. Now, i don't see how dark rangers can heal or tank.
    Second, if we were to have them, this expansion was the most suitable. Sylvanas is unlikely to survive the expansion, so i don't expect there would even be much demand for it after that.

I would like if they removed Survival and just put dark ranger in as a hunter spec and just made Tinkers instead with tank/dps and healer roles.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-07-04 at 07:11 AM.

I'd rather see Shadow hunter, Necromancer, or 4th spec added. Voodoo Shaman!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    "Tinker will come before demon hunter"
    "Tinker will come before monk"

We've seen this shit before.
    Dark Rangers will be coming.

The problem with Dragonsworn is that there is no basis for it in any Blizzard games. Like what would a Dragonsworn do exactly?

There is Chromie and Alexstranza (and eventually Blackwing) from HotS, but those are actually dragons, not Dragonsworn.

Timewardens could work as a Dragonsworn class, but frankly Time Magic is too limited to develop multiple specs out of.
    Read the post I replied to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the post I replied to.
    Okay, but what makes that idea “Dragonsworn” exactly? That just sounds like a variation of Warriors.

Deleted
    As long as it's an archer, I don't really care if it's an engineer or dark ranger.

Okay, but what makes that idea “Dragonsworn” exactly? That just sounds like a variation of Warriors.
    They are mortal representatives of dragons, thats all. Dragons would be a race, not a class. Dragonsworn is just the class variant of Dragons. Dragons can be anything, which means there is no exact idea, only broad concepts and themes to draw from. The theme is ultimately a protector and defender of Azeroth and the mortal races, which supports a tank/healer only class.

Whatever specific concept beyond that is fill in the blanks. Its an open concept. They are the mortal representatives of Dragons, so it all.depends on what Blizzard wants to do with Dragons in the future.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-04 at 07:05 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    As long as it's an archer, I don't really care if it's an engineer or dark ranger.
    We won't be getting "Tinker" before Dark Rangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    No, dark ranger is not the most requested class.

This is happening because of that ass Nathanos and what he says on the BG.

Dark ranger is a dumb idea when clearly there are unique mechanics and fantasy to be explored on Tinkers. Can it happen? Sure it can. But, it's not what the game needs. Tinkers would use mail and can have ranged, melee, tanking or healing specs, such is the breadth of their fantasy.

Another dark edgy class that can only dps? No, that's not what we need.
    Tinker would use mail?
    No, the whole class would be built around them wearing literal machines to fight in.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are mortal representatives of dragons, thats all. Dragons would be a race, not a class. Dragonsworn is just the class variant of Dragons. Dragons can be anything, which means there is no exact idea, only broad concepts and themes to draw from. The theme is ultimately a protector and defender of Azeroth and the mortal races, which supports a tank/healer only class.

Whatever specific concept beyond that is fill in the blanks. Its an open concept. They are the mortal representatives of Dragons, so it all.depends on what Blizzard wants to do with Dragons in the future.
    Eh, I just don't see it. Certainly Blizzard COULD fill in the blanks, but typically expansion classes always have established characters to work off of. What is a Dragonsworn character we can base this class on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Tinker would use mail?
    No, the whole class would be built around them wearing literal machines to fight in.
    They would wear mail while piloting their machines.

I hope Dark Ranger will be a thing but wont be available for any of the elf races so all the fanboys cant roleplay Sylvanas... that would be a shitstorm. “Here you go guys.. Tauren Dark Ranger”

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowater View Post
    The only way I'd see dark rangers being a thing would be if they simply introduced a ranger class centered around magic. And one specc would be healer somehow, shooting healing light arrows? Digimon angewomon style? Tyrande is a priest with a bow, so take inspiration from her and find a horde alternative.
    The vibes I'm getting as well. A mail wearing, ranged class where Dark Ranger is a spec, but not a Dark Ranger class. They have to deal with Sylvanas somehow in this expansion and I would be very surprised if she is still Warchief by the end of it. Incorporating Bolvar somehow in the lore background would be possible, and it would not be a stretch to give him some form of healing dragon fire powers if they decide to stick with the 'Dead Ranger' idea (Blizzard has done weirder things). It makes sense to incorporate Alleria and the void as well of course. I would be surprised (also disappointed) if they decide to do another pure elf class though so I expect the lore background to go beyond Alleria and Sylvanas (and Vereesa). Adding Forsaken and Humans makes sense (Or Forsaken/Blood Elf - Horde, Human/Void Elf - Alliance, possibly Night Elf/Nightborne as well). Of course this speculation is going to be mostly wrong because it always is.

Eh, I just don't see it. Certainly Blizzard COULD fill in the blanks, but typically expansion classes always have established characters to work off of. What is a Dragonsworn character we can base this class on?
    I imagine something like the Avatar from Airbender, the Green Lantern, or Captain America with an Infinity Gauntlet. This fits well in Warcraft's pop-culture driven High Fantasy setting.

Most Dragonsworn concepts I've seen are the typical Servant/Champion of a Dragonflight, and their specs are divided into each type of Aspect color. My concept would be more like a Hero-of-strong-will who comes upon a Dragon-themed Infinity Gauntlet. The Gauntlet has gems powered by the souls of dead/redeemed dragons, like Eranikus and Tarecgosa. The Hero doesn't represent any dragonflights, rather he is sworn to the dragon souls who sentiently power the artifact. The class focuses on chaining and swapping aspect affinities to full effect. I have an idea for a full concept, I can make a new thread about it if and when I have time. This is prolly better left for a separate discussion.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-05 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I hope Dark Ranger will be a thing but wont be available for any of the elf races so all the fanboys cant roleplay Sylvanas... that would be a shitstorm. “Here you go guys.. Tauren Dark Ranger”
    Yeah that's one thing about it. Ranger seems weird outside of elves, but we just got an elf-only class: Demon Hunter. At least it just doesn't fit other races 'as well' as elves.

Deleted
    WOuld be refreshing addition, and surely main it along with my dh o hope next exp is wotlk 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    If going by the teases/easter eggs that Blizzard is always fond of foreshadowing, yes, you may be on to it.

However,

NO. MORE. DARK. hero CLASSES.

Also, much like death knights, don't you have to die and be risen in order to be a dark ranger? Of all the crossover between the 2 classes, this seems like the biggest.
    hahaha eat your monks plz, you and the other guy who likes it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    This, or they could do with

Spec 1 : Death Dark Ranger : death shot to build resource, super death shot to spend resource. Spell effect is black with a distinct tint of red.
    Spec 2 : Void Dark Ranger : void shot to build resource, super void shot to spend resource. Spell effect is black with a distinct tint of green.
    Spec 3 : Arcane Dark Ranger : arcane shot to build resource, super magic shot to spend resource. Spell effect is black with a distinct tint of blue.

Totally different.
    Spec 1 - Death
    Death Shot - Generates resource. When target is below 30% double resource generation.
    Black Arrow - DoT that has a chance to summon undead minions and generates resource on DoT tick.
    Life and Death - Deals massive damage and amplifies the affects of Black Arrow by buffing minions and making them 100% chance to spawn on tick.
    Obliteration - Big resource spender.
    Command Minions - Causes summoned skeletons to deal bonus damage and focus your target. Spends resource.
    Add in talents.

Spec 2 - Void
    Void Shot - generates resource
    Reality Tear - rip open a void near the target which deals damage and spends resource.
    Alone in the Dark - when a target is alone (no allies within 8 yards) deal massive damage and generate a stack of Embrace the Void. Spends resource.
    Void Surge - Castable with 5 stacks of Embrace the Void. Buffs damage of DR and causes Void Tear to summon a faceless one for x seconds to attack the target. Add in talents.

Spec 3 - Arcane
    Mystic Shot - Generates combo point. Targets that are magic based generates 2 combo points.
    Arcane Strike - Deals massive damage and spends combo points. Targets that are magic based refund 2 combo points.
    Consume Magic - Steals resource from target, deals damage. Generates 5 combo points. After spending 10 combo points your next Consume Magic deals double damage and makes your next Arcane strike cost only 3 combo points.
    Esoteria - Your next Mystic Shot generates 5 combo points.
    Add in talents.

I had a bit of fun with that last one and went kinda crazy.

The next class:

Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Spec 1 - Death
    Death Shot - Generates resource. When target is below 30% double resource generation.
    Black Arrow - DoT that has a chance to summon undead minions and generates resource on DoT tick.
    Life and Death - Deals massive damage and amplifies the affects of Black Arrow by buffing minions and making them 100% chance to spawn on tick.
    Obliteration - Big resource spender.
    Command Minions - Causes summoned skeletons to deal bonus damage and focus your target. Spends resource.
    Add in talents.

Spec 2 - Void
    Void Shot - generates resource
    Reality Tear - rip open a void near the target which deals damage and spends resource.
    Alone in the Dark - when a target is alone (no allies within 8 yards) deal massive damage and generate a stack of Embrace the Void. Spends resource.
    Void Surge - Castable with 5 stacks of Embrace the Void. Buffs damage of DR and causes Void Tear to summon a faceless one for x seconds to attack the target. Add in talents.

Spec 3 - Arcane
    Mystic Shot - Generates combo point. Targets that are magic based generates 2 combo points.
    Arcane Strike - Deals massive damage and spends combo points. Targets that are magic based refund 2 combo points.
    Consume Magic - Steals resource from target, deals damage. Generates 5 combo points. After spending 10 combo points your next Consume Magic deals double damage and makes your next Arcane strike cost only 3 combo points.
    Esoteria - Your next Mystic Shot generates 5 combo points.
    Add in talents.

I had a bit of fun with that last one and went kinda crazy.
    you mean fun and wild craziness with system generate/spend? booriiiing

i would welcome some new thing, not copying old mechanics
    Last edited by Cmx; 2018-07-13 at 05:52 AM.