Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If Azshara is a raid boss in BfA we better see Nazjatar

Right? I feel like they're already selling Azshara short by not giving her her own expansion, but they can't possibly make her a raid boss without letting us explore Nazjatar, right? I know, everyone fucking hates Vashj'ir, but face it, she's a sea witch, and that giant underwater city is her power base, her domain. Can't fight Azshara without letting us explore it at least once.

Having her be the "Gul'dan of 8.1" means she's probably just going to be the final boss of the Nazjatar patch/raid. Which is very disappointing considering what a high level threat she should be. She's not even really in BfA in 8.0 either. She has a few lines of dialogue regarding Lord Stormsong and then Zul talks about her briefly.

Hate WoD and Legion all you like (And I mostly do) but Gul'dan was a very present threat from 6.1 all the way until his death. Azshara has shown up probably, at most, 5% of the amount that Gul'dan had comparatively. And some of it is even just flashbacks.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-07-13 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Right? I feel like they're already selling Azshara short by not giving her her own expansion, but they can't possibly make her a raid boss without letting us explore Nazjatar, right? I know, everyone fucking hates Vashj'ir, but face it, she's a sea witch, and that giant underwater city is her power base, her domain. Can't fight Azshara without letting us explore it at least once.
    Who's to say that Azshara won't be the primary villain for this expansion for certain? I mean she's obviously not the face of the expansion, but you never know. If they throw her away as raid fodder for the first tier of this expansion, it would be disgusting.

just because she's a boss doesn't mean she dies
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I am guessing we will get some story where Nazjatar and Zin'azshari get raised into an island. This will be the staging area for 7.1.

Makes sense since the entire 8.0 story is about recruiting the Kul Tiras navy and the Zanadalar Golden Fleet, which I am sure will be the new reps added.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    just because she's a boss doesn't mean she dies
    Didn't they say she dies? Or am I remembering it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    They compared her to Gul'dan from the Nighthold raid as terms of what she'll be, and Gul'dan dies in that raid. If they would have just said, "She's the Gul'dan of BfA" then that leaves it open to being far more vague. Because is she the WoD Gul'dan where he gets away? Or the Legion one where he really only shows up in a few places and then is the final boss of a raid.

No. What was said was, "before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we'll be facing off against Queen Azshara."

Considering they killed off Xavius so abruptly I wouldn't exactly be suprised if Azshara goes that path too.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am guessing we will get some story where Nazjatar and Zin'azshari get raised into an island. This will be the staging area for 7.1.

Makes sense since the entire 8.0 story is about recruiting the Kul Tiras navy and the Zanadalar Golden Fleet, which I am sure will be the new reps added.
    That would be a massive disappointment. We need to see them where they're at their strongest, at the bottom of the sea, with Neptulon involved as well. Fighting the queen of all Naga on land would be fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No. What was said was, "before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth, we'll be facing off against Queen Azshara."
    Hopefully she pulls a plot twist that’ll blow our mind and survives in the cinematic
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I cannot remember, when they said she'd be the Gul'dan of BfA, did this imply she'd be the Legion Gul'dan of BfA or the WoD Gul'dan of BfA?
    They talk about the Nighthold, which really only means she's the raid boss of the first patch raid and/or dies like Gul'dan does.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would say that is fairly likely. usually there is a build up to the raid, and the only way to do that is in Nazjatar. I suppose they could raise it from the depths which would remove the underwater element but I hope they don't

Deleted
    Stop assuming "everyone" hates Vashj'ir... be open-fucking-minded

Nazjatar was already datamined as a map name in one of BFA's earliest builds. Zin'azshari was not.

What if the Dragon Isles will actually be her raid? Then it better means that they hold Nazjatar for a possible underwater expansion with Azshara surviving her first encounter.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, they said she's this expansions gul'dan.

whether that means she's lead us into the next expansion like in wod or is the last boss of the first raid tier, that's unknown.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Hey I fucking love Vashj'ir. But most people didn't, that's not an assumption, that's an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    I loved Vashj'ir, personally. An endgame zone like Suramar or Argus in that style would be amazing.

And give me somewhere to ride around on my catfish too!
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.