10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think I can wait until the 1st of August to play the pre-patch?
    Really wanting to play the pre-patch then, and get the bat mount etc...

Glad finally after so long we got the pre-patch for the next expansion, and so on...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They should just make leveling shorter but meaningful. With scaling there is nothing wrong with being able to earn 10-15 levels per zone. They could even reward completing storylines by making capstone quests and end of zone quests give disproportionate xp rewards.
    They could also consider my suggestion to let us earn talents one by one instead of row by row; you earn the leftmost of each row first, then the middle, then the rightmost, letting people be at full power (all rows unlocked) at a low level while also giving you a reason to try each talent as you discover it. It would also be far more rewarding since you'd get 21 character progression unlocks out of the talent tree instead of just 7.
    An obvious solution that has been suggested hundreds of times which has zero drawbacks except harms Blizzard's desire to profit from character boosts and sub time people have to pay for when they are leveling the long way: make heirloom pieces give stacking XP bonuses scaling up to 500% or something like that. This could have been made to work easily even without the world scaling up to you (multiple straightforward solutions here, won't dwell on them because they are irrelevant now) and with the world scaling up to you now there are just no gameplay downsides whatsoever.

But we won't have that, because, again: character boosts and sub time you have to pay for while you are leveling the mundane way.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If it were men killing women, would that be forced?
    It's forced because they remove well known, beloved characters for No other reason than to make a strong female warrior. A character that No One knows or care about, yet at least.
    We humans have to stick together

Oh, yeah, the latest onslaught of women characters is absolutely forced and is absolutely in line with what currently happens in the industry.

It is bad, because it makes games worse. How? By introducing the proportion of women characters as a criteria. This produces idiocies like "this game is fun, but it is low on female characters, so I am not going to buy it" and "that game kind of needs work, but it is all-female / all-gay / all-whatever, so I will buy it". Those idiocies then result in developers adding "must keep the proportion of female / gay / black / dragon / whatever characters high" to the list of priorities. And since priorities are a zero sum game, this priority is sponsored by other things and results in lower quality games. And, by the way, if you think it is easy to fulfill that particular priority, you cannot be further from the truth, this particular priority is a huge time sink because "females are fine, but where are trans people?", and "you painted the only black character you have the wrong shade, this offends everyone", and "it's all cool, but your dialogs are still using his/her, where is proper language???".

It is bad, yes. But we'll live through it, hopefully this stupid fad exhausts itself in ten years or so.

So mythic + are opening week after the release right?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Exactly, it feels like it is just going through the paces till you hit max level, to much grinding, and now you cannot even boost by just running dungeons.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/getting-my-f...s-a-nightmare/

Funny how we were just talking about this issue lol

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    https://www.pcgamer.com/getting-my-f...s-a-nightmare/

Funny how we were just talking about this issue lol
    This is a different issue: the game is a hard sell to new players because if you start at max-level, you are overwhelmed, and if you start at level 1, you aren't overwhelmed initially and have to slog through a boring grind of near-zero value for the actual game and are going to be overwhelmed later when you reach it (but by that point you are already invested, unless you died out of boredom and uselessness on the way).

Their ability / talent prunes are all steps to solve this big issue, although that's not the only reason they do them. If the number of abilities ever gets close to that of MOBAs (2x-3x of MOBAs, so 10-15), they'll do away with levels and we'll have it flat. (It won't come to that because the game will die / get reshaped radically in a different direction sooner. In my opinion.)
    Last edited by rda; 2018-07-13 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Oh, yeah, the latest onslaught of women characters is absolutely forced and is absolutely in line with what currently happens in the industry.

It is bad, because it makes games worse. How? By introducing the proportion of women characters as a criteria. This produces idiocies like "this game is fun, but it is low on female characters, so I am not going to buy it" and "that game kind of needs work, but it is all-female / all-gay / all-whatever, so I will buy it". Those idiocies then result in developers adding "must keep the proportion of female / gay / black / dragon / whatever characters high" to the list of priorities. And since priorities are a zero sum game, this priority is sponsored by other things and results in lower quality games. And, by the way, if you think it is easy to fulfill that particular priority, you cannot be further from the truth, this particular priority is a huge time sink because "females are fine, but where are trans people?", and "you painted the only black character you have the wrong shade, this offends everyone", and "it's all cool, but your dialogs are still using his/her, where is proper language???".

It is bad, yes. But we'll live through it, hopefully this stupid fad exhausts itself in ten years or so.
    From what my housemate told me the other day, bisexual people already have to deal with being seen as traitors if they aren't deemed to be gay enough.
    At this rate, the 'inclusive' progressive movement will tear itself apart by fixating on ever-smaller differences until they start murdering each other.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So mythic + are opening week after the release right?
    Keystones will only start dropping the week the raid opens on Normal, and loot will be capped in quality for one more week until Mythic opens.

Deleted
    I saw on beta the Amani War Bear model got updated in the mount journal.

Did this happen to any other mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

Horses got a more.. Horsey look, as for the bear, all bears across the game from druid bear form to amani warbear got a model update.

The Amani War Bear got a nice update for sure. Looks like new!

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad the other bear mounts are not updated...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Too bad the other bear mounts are not updated...
    it just like the old wolves and horses not get a update

thank god they updated the amani bear, cause he had one finger less than other bears and that hurt me to death

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Do you think I can wait until the 1st of August to play the pre-patch?
    Really wanting to play the pre-patch then, and get the bat mount etc...

Glad finally after so long we got the pre-patch for the next expansion, and so on...
    as far as i can tell the only prepatch content is the two scenarios with world quests to do after you complete each one, and lordearon might not be up till a week after

pretty sure you wont miss out on anything really. most ppl will have done the scenario more than they can stomach and gotten any transmog from WQs in the first week, so starting it with a whole two weeks to go seems like plenty of time

only way i could see it being a risk is if there are exclusive transmogs from the world quests and the library of them is huge with small chances to get em. so if you arent a collections addict, should be fine
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    as far as i can tell the only prepatch content is the two scenarios with world quests to do after you complete each one, and lordearon might not be up till a week after

pretty sure you wont miss out on anything really. most ppl will have done the scenario more than they can stomach and gotten any transmog from WQs in the first week, so starting it with a whole two weeks to go seems like plenty of time

only way i could see it being a risk is if there are exclusive transmogs from the world quests and the library of them is huge with small chances to get em. so if you arent a collections addict, should be fine
    The only scenario is Battle for Lordaeron. Ashenvale and Darkshore are regular quests.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    It's forced because they remove well known, beloved characters for No other reason than to make a strong female warrior. A character that No One knows or care about, yet at least.
    see for this to be a thing you first have to PROVE that that actually happened.

Velen died to show the stakes of the war and to differentiate draenor's story from the main story. Rastakan, IF he dies, well he's a new character and honestly the main reason to narratively have a elder king is to either have them deal with their kids death, or have their kid deal with their death. the story of the zandalari doesnt change one bet whether Talanji is a man or a woman.

Varian died and got replaced by his son. Vol'jin was killed, like velen and Varian to increase the stakes and pass the buck. Sylvannas is one of the oldest, and one of the strongest members of the horde and always had a chance of ruling the horde if circumstances called for it.

Similarly Durotan and Grom got sidelines AGAIN to fulfill narrative purpose, to create conflict. The Mag'har are joining the horde because most of their people are wiped out, but the story narrative of Grom and Durotan has been analyzed not once but twice (with Durotan, 3 times if you want to include the Warcraft narrative and the book Durotan). The Mag'har's story is dealing with NEW orcs because they want to create more story.

(see discussion over mists of pandaria, and how in order for story to continue that new elements need to be added)

Jaina has been around forever, as has Tyrande who is THE most important member of the Alliance, having the most experience, being farely rational if hands on, being willing to go to war and slit the throats of their enemies, while also listening to compassion and staying her blade when the time needs.

and thats kinda the point of this discussion.

if a story requires the mentor to die and the successor to have their time in the limelight; but because the sucessor happens to be a woman you assume the Mentor died just to replace them with a woman and not...like...cus thats the story route they wanted to go.
    thats the definition of sexism.

We ALL want them to make the best story possible, but, whats that word red pill people use? virtue signaling ? suggesting that the story doesnt exist that nothing in the story could possibly change or grow, and thinking the cast has changed just for some Forced 'agenda' when the simple answer is "in this story its time for this person to go so this other person can fulfill their story" and that Other person just happens to be a woman.

when you hear hoofbeats you think horses not zebras. If gender doesnt matter to you then the gender of a new character shouldnt

And if you want to sell the idea there is some Agenda you need to provide proof
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2018-07-13 at 11:17 AM.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Toys and stuff like that are still available, right?
    Just toys and pets that we already got in Legion... but all the consumable like stones/food/bandages, costumes and new pets will required the new Polished Pet Charm token avaiable only with BfA (estimated about 5000 Polished Pet Charm only to buy the new pets).
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wasn't it shockingly obvious that was what I wanted. I never claimed it was from Blizzard.

As it stands you have to level through a ton of areas to get 110. Would be much better if they just let you pick anywhere you wanted after a certain level. OL and NR are awful by todays standards, so phase them out for new players. By reducing the level cap it makes the squish much more effective. Now all the expansions are treated as equals. They only have to scale stats for 60 levels now instead of 120.
    Level squish is the most idiotic things this community has ever come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

It is just bear skeleton update which applies to all bear models.

While the model is nice and I get why they did it, they really shouldn't forcibly change mount models. They could always add an additional updated mount that the user gets for free and most likely will use, but a lot of people enjoy using the older models on mounts.