Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Outlaw Rogue

10chars

Affliction warlock can be put on the list too. If one avoids 3 specific talents, there is only the soul shard generation from Agony which is so consitent now that 100% Unstable Affliction uptime is almost guaranteed.

Aside from that everything else has a predictable CD or is a pure maintenace debuff. If one decides to play only maintenance talents affliction will have a super static rotation again with nothing to watch out for or react too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    There are no MMO's or sort-of MMO's that have had any success at all that don't have RNG. Really dumb comment IMO.
    You just don't get it, all I pointed out was that there are other means to have random things happen deterministic without it being boring. An action combat system is one of these ways. Also "there are no mmo's or sort of mmos" is rubbish. First of all "success" and "mmo" are two very meallable words, used in a wide array of ways. Games like monster hunter have you dodge stuff or attack weak points, it's exactly why I highlighted these 3, because these 3 are the ones you can easily give players agency over depending on your combat system. Heck wow already has partial dodging or targeting subsections of encounters to this very effect, it's used just not used very often due to be being a tab target system (that really doesn't want to select the proper targets anymore these days). Does that mean wow has to change? No. Does that mean your statement is true? No.

Really dumb response on your part IMHO.

op is not talking about crit. I think it is the rng of actions, talents etc.
    like i can have 4 stormstrike in a row then never see it proc when i need it direly.

actually this is a very nice question and would like to hear some players on the matter. which classes are not depended on rng.

5+ Year Old Account
    Much like most complaints on this shitlord echo chamber of a forum, what started as a fair cop complaint has been exaggerated and parroted and moaned about so constantly and so pointlessly, as soon as I hear the phrase RNG I write it off as just another whinge that gives me the shits honestly. OP wasn't even really whinging it was a legit question phrased fairly but it still shits me right up the wall.

Deleted
    There is no class without rng. Here I'm going to tell you how Class design works for Blizzard. Every class. Hell, every spec.

You've got two resources. A and B.

You use resource A to generate resource B.

A generating abilities hit okayish.

B consuming resources hit hard.

You press A generating and B consuming abilities semi randomly and wait for some abilities to proc. If that happens they light up and you press em in a very slow and dull quick time event. That's the RNG part.

There you go. There are of course some differences like the color of the slash marks on the screen that we have in place of proper animations, but this is how your class will play. This color difference is what Blizzad calls class fantasy.

You are better off picking one for the lore.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2018-07-13 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    My favorite class used to be mage but sadly it got lots of RNG now. I don't mind reacting on events around me but the random flashy thingy on screen -> press button mechanic is nothing more than an annoying interupt to me but almost all classes seem to have it since Legion. I think WoW has 36 specs now? I havent tried all of them so maybe there are still some specs without the annoying RNG elements. I was hoping bfa would move away from RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

I did some research and it seems balance druid is the only class and spec without RNG. I guess I'll play a balance druid in bfa.
    Balance has gotten some much needed RNG in BfA, so I'm afraid that's a no bueno. Don't think any spec has NO RNG (besides the obvious crit chance).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Yeah I agree, my personal favourite is around gearing. Like everyone forgot how painful it was in the likes of MC with a minuscule amount of drops and nothing fancy like tier tokens :P
    The vastly more likely scenario is that a very small part of the current playerbase ever did Vanilla raids.

Fury warriors and ret paladins are currently the specs with the least RNG. Not sure about BfA though. The only RNG fury warriors have is the Enrage, but whether you're enraged or not, your rotations stays pretty much the same. As for ret paladin - if you don't spec into Divine Purpose, there's no RNG in the spec whatsoever (unless i'm forgetting something minor here). Of course, I'm not including any legendaries in here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    In other games that usually comes down to skill .
    Don't you go hiding math in fun places. Dirty disguises!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

WW monks have absolutely no RNG in BfA, the procs you get are pretty much meaningless, one free blackout kick will not change the outcome of the fight. Right now monks have 2 RNG factors that majorly affect dps: Concordence and Blackout Kick! procs because of T21. The class is relatively the same in BfA just without the RNG factors . If you check simulationcraft results you can notice that the minimum/average/maximum damage even now are not that far apart, so if you get stupidly lucky you won't do that much more than the average. Also, if you're stupidly unlucky with procs/crits you won't do much less. Ret paladins are also in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    MMO's are inherently chock full of RNG and I find if funny how it's become so trendy to complain about RNG. For instance, whether or not you crit or dodge or parry (etc etc etc) is RNG. If there wasn't RNG and everything was completely deterministic it would just be called math and it would be really boring.

As far as whether or not there are specs that are less reactive, yes there are.

- - - Updated - - -

RNG affects balance druids too. Sometimes you'll have huge crits and sometimes you won't.
    The complaining about RNG just goes to show how much people don't know or didn't pay attention to in the past. RNG has always been a huge factor in WoW. From hitting or missing, critting or not, being dodged or parried, did loot drop, how much dropped, what item(s) dropped, what were the stats on those items and so on. I think most of the complaints surrounding RNG stem from warforge/titanforge today, and people not understanding the difference between %chance and probability with rare drops.

Sure there are more abilities that have chances to proc other effects or abilities. If not it fire mages would be pretty boring if fireballs only did damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Yes but these are two different types of RNG. One of them lets you play you class while stating clearly that you might miss because of your hit % or because of the ennemy's dodge %. The other one doesn't even give you a chance to actually play. You stand there and wait for your key to light up and if if doesn't, well you feel even more unlucky that when you just meet a hit on a rogue with a high dodge rate.

While I don't mind the first one, and actually would like to have it back as it brings more depth, I absolutely hate the second one that is completely anti-immersive because you just stand for an abilitity to be usable.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2018-07-13 at 12:10 PM.

I don't think there are many specs with no RNG at all but there are some that handles it better than others. Elemental shaman for example if you run with the talent that gives you two charges of Lava Burst gives you some leeway with the RNG. If the Lava Burst CD resets you don't have to panic and stop everything you're doing, you can finish your current spell cast and then cast Lava Burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Yes but these are two different types of RNG. One of them lets you play you class while stating clearly that you might miss because of your hit % or because of the ennemy's dodge %. The other one doesn't even give you a chance to actually play. You stand there and wait for your key to light up and if if doesn't, well you feel even more unlucky that when you just meet a hit on a rogue with a high dodge rate.

While I don't mind the first one, and actually would like to have it back as it brings more depth, I absolutely hate the second one that is completely anti-immersive because you just stand for an abilitity to be usable.
    Haven't really experienced that with any of the specs I've tested in beta though. I also go for the active abilities instead of passives. But correct me if I am wrong, aren't there no abilities anymore outside of something like revenge(not even sure if it works like it used to), that are always going to be available to use off CD. Like I know I love when I get free Avenger's Shield procs, but once it's off CD I can still use it. I have never run into a situation where I'm just sitting there auto attacking waiting for stuff to come off CD. Maybe early on before the classes got updated, there were some brief half sec down time on some rotations, but since the changes, I haven't noticed this waiting to play. I have not played every class or spec so maybe it's there I just have not encountered it.

how many pages before every class that someone likes is mentioned as having low RNG..............................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Stop complaining about RNG in a game based around the fundamental idea of RNG derived from DnD...
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Destruction has 0 rng involved other than crit chance for resource generation, but that's common to most specs as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Mage.

In BFA, the only RNG it has, baseline, is Clearcasting. 1% chance per 1% of your total mana spent of making your next Arcane Missles or Arcane Explosion free and channel 20% faster.

There's also some high end talents you can take to add RNG, but you can just take Overpowered and Nether Tempest, instead.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Arcane Mage.

In BFA, the only RNG it has, baseline, is Clearcasting. 1% chance per 1% of your total mana spent of making your next Arcane Missles or Arcane Explosion free and channel 20% faster.

There's also some high end talents you can take to add RNG, but you can just take Overpowered and Nether Tempest, instead.
    Isn't arcane missile a rng based proc though?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabinn View Post
    Isn't arcane missile a rng based proc though?
    Nope. Arcane Missles costs 15% of your base mana, now, and Clearcasting is the RNG proc that allows you to cast Arcane Missles for Free and channel it 20% faster.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.