Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Karazhan nerfed on PTR - last weekend of faster leveling

If you have any plans for alts in BFA, I suggest you level them this weekend. The dungeon XP nerfs are going to add 20 hours to your leveling times 60-90.

did you honestly think it was going to last ? they nerfed every single other thing like this

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I feel that I'm last person on Earth that just enjoy doing zones for A to Z and dungeon here and there without rushing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sometimes I feel that I'm last person on Earth that just enjoy doing zones for A to Z and dungeon here and there without rushing anything.
    Nah I do zones too. Did Kara like once just for the sake of getting the HM Tauren I wanted done fast.

Deleted
    Thats good for you, really.

However a lot of veteran players myself included have leveled in the post cataclysm zones and dungeons multiple times already and for us it simply feels like a chore now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might try it on my Void Elf that I've been procrastinating for so long. I mean, I want that armor, but I lack the motivation.

Well, now there's a deadline for those level at least. It should kickstart the "oh shit" mode in my head, hopefully.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly didn't even know this was a thing until my friend told me about it a few weeks ago. I leveled a Void Elf and Lightforged by just doing the zones and an occasional dungeon.

Blizzard has always nerfed things like this. Remember in Cataclysm when you could farm those dudes out in Uldum? Not sure why people are always shocked when they nerf things like this.

That was my favorite way to level from ~71-80 =( So much faster and it was fun burning through mobs fast and making a little game of the pulls. No biggie though, I guess.

Can you still solo TBC Heroics and use the quest XP? I preferred that to Karazhan trash.

Was it even really a targeted nerf? I thought it was just the natural result of the stat squish or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Can you still solo TBC Heroics and use the quest XP? I preferred that to Karazhan trash.
    Me too. Must less grindy feeling

20 Hr estimation is too much in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Nah, that's in line with Forum exaggeration. The OP is just following Forum-rules. Add 800% of the number you really think is appropriate, then you have it right.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Nah, that's in line with Forum exaggeration. The OP is just following Forum-rules. Add 800% of the number you really think is appropriate, then you have it right.
    How the hell do you level from 60-90 in 2.5 hours?

Please, my void elf got from 60 to 80 just doing borean tundra and dragonblight quests between dungeon queues. 20 hours my ass.

i was going to level allied races to 110 for mog, but blizzard are adding so many to the game there's no way im spending 300 hours leveling 8 allied races to maximum, too much of a boring time sink when i already have 11 maxed toons. There's nothing new or fun to see or do i've seen it all it's just boring bot worthy snoozefest content so decided to level none instead.

blizzard should speed it up dramatically even looms aren't enough. if there was completely new interesting content i could level on i'm happy to do it slowly but sadly that content is done mutliple times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    How the hell do you level from 60-90 in 2.5 hours?
    I was following Forum-rules of course. So I was also exaggerating(nice save right)

Though, you should be able to level 60 to 90 in 15 hours. If you add 20 hours on that already, it's clearly an exaggeration. 70 to 80 shouldn't take more than 3-4 hours if you do the Karazhan way now. If that.

What is the kara lvling method?? i havent lvl'd up a char for a couple years outside my already capped chars and im at lvl 60 of my void elf

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Yeah what the fuck, 20 hours to get from 60-90? The fuck are you guys doing, grinding mobs with no heirlooms?

same here, on bfa, it will be like any new expansion, i will do each zone one by one, doign all quest and just doing dungeon if i need it for quest, i'm lucky to be in a guild who dont want you to rush your max level in 2 day (we always cleaning hm raid stuff with no problem)

anyway, i just dont understand people who rush everything without playing the gma efor what it is, lore , questing and looking the new environment blizzard give us ;p

after doing all this on your main character, the alts is not the same, you can rush them

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    What is the kara lvling method?? i havent lvl'd up a char for a couple years outside my already capped chars and im at lvl 60 of my void elf
    At level 72-74(depending on class/spec) you can go to Karazhan, farm the trash over and over until you hit like 81 or so.