Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Tbh, it's just a small group making some noise and the media going full at it.

The British have enough problems of their own to worry about right now.
    What issues are those?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Tbh, it's just a small group making some noise and the media going full at it.

The British have enough problems of their own to worry about right now.
    Agreed I forgot all about his visit. I have been busy all morning sorting out my bills though. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Will he finally bend the knee in front of his rightful queen and end this uncivilized american revolution?
    Lol! Good one. Gave me a nice chuckle.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Reminds me of a comic strip of a fireman standing in the ruins of a burnt house putting out a fire on a pair of underwear thinking "I'm doing a good job"
    That reminds me of Obama so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What issues are those?
    BREXIT
    World Cup
    Whether or not to have a curry or kebab tonight

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I live just down the road from where Trump was today.

I saw maybe.. 10 protesters. all exactly what you'd expect. fat lonely women. SJW 'men'.. the same kind of twats who hang out at the meat place around a mile the other direction and tell the cows they love them as they go in to the slaughter joint..

I also saw 2 apaches. an Osprey, and a chinook, I saw Theresa May's motorcade go by. but didn't see anything Trumpish.

I should add, given the location of Sandhurst the uptick in military vehicles means nothing at this time of year due to the Farnborough Airshow there has been Eurofighters and god knows what else out all week. so might be nothing!

but yes, I didn't get any pics because I was ON my phone at the time, but there was a tiny handful of twats with signs. more media than protesters.
    A bit like the media reporting on the students gun control demonstrations here in the US, which reported 10k protesters at one rally. Then we find out, only 2k were actual students.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    BREXIT
    World Cup
    Whether or not to have a curry or kebab tonight
    Nothing we can do about first two and the last one will still be a daily issue until, well, a very long time.

And it's chicken madras and Keenan naan tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A bit like the media reporting on the students gun control demonstrations here in the US, which reported 10k protesters at one rally. Then we find out, only 2k were actual students.
    You guys having fun circlejerking each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You guys having fun circlejerking each other?
    awwh, I'm sorry that our actual eyewitness reports don't line up with your political ideals. sorry this didn't play in to your narrative :<
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Trump is the most powerful, most charismatic and most cheered president currently in US. There is no way it could go wrong.
    Too much sarcasm...! Can't take it...! Drowning under satire...!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    The mass hysteria over Trump is fantastic!

*grabs popcorn*
    You have a very odd definition of 'mass hysteria'; it's just a polite protest to remind the British government that he and his policies are wildly unpopular here. I'm hoping it leads to a greater focus on UK scandals like Yarl's Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Trump enjoys the attention, he's like an internet troll.
    If he enjoyed the attention that much he wouldn't be hiding away from London where the biggest protests are and he wouldn't have moaned about the existence of a rubbish little inflatable that depicts him as a baby. He's far too thin skinned to ever be an internet troll.

Eh?

He's in the News because he's visiting the UK. A world leader visiting another country is always considered big news to the host country.
    I guess. People come to the US all the time and unless its a major player its usually just a "oh and this guy is here" and its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    awwh, I'm sorry that our actual eyewitness reports don't line up with your political ideals. sorry this didn't play in to your narrative :<

Ye, 1 eye witness is very creditable lol.

You really think Trump is not disliked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I guess. People come to the US all the time and unless its a major player its usually just a "oh and this guy is here" and its over.
    Like with the Erdogan protests?
    '
    I mean, if you guys don't care about authoritarian dickheads visiting your country, does not mean the rest of the world should care when they visit them.

Trump has an 11% approval rating in the UK, he is the most unpopular American President abroad the only places he is like are very few (Israel, Russia).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Oh yes.. and apparently if you get the "glare".. its utterly withering
    Windsor is brilliant choice its huge and very opulent, Bet trump will be thinking what an amazing hotel it could be
    Trump will probably think the 'glare' is the queen flirting, and maybe try to 'grab her by the p***y.'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Too much sarcasm...! Can't take it...! Drowning under satire...!
    I liked the 'currently' part of the comment.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    In my country, Trump is so unpopular that they had trouble finding 1 guy to talk positively about him on the news when Trump got elected.

Like, seriously. Nobody likes him except as a punchline.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Deleted
    the main protest is currently in Trafalgar Square and the back stretches to Marylebone, a mile and a half away. easily 100k people.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    the main protest is currently in Trafalgar Square and the back stretches to Marylebone, a mile and a half away. easily 100k people.
    But he did not see that, so it is just the media inflating another group of ten people, obviously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    But he did not see that, so it is just the media inflating another group of ten people, obviously.
    45 just said his own interview with a tabloid rag over here was fake news lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I really wished the audience with the queen would be televised, would be hilarious to see him doing all kinds of "forbidden" things.
    I'd pay for it, could charge more than a wwe ppv

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    100k in London alone

Lots in other cities too

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I really wished the audience with the queen would be televised, would be hilarious to see him doing all kinds of "forbidden" things.
    She's not our queen, nothing is forbidden