Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The little details? The NPCs for Allied Race version of the Suramar area and their interactions are entirely unique to that scenario, same with Thunder Totem.
    Suramar may or may not be phased, but Thunder Totem definitely is not, I see non-HM players, including Alliance.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    I'll miss it, but I'm keen to put demons and fel behind us for a long long time.

Also Kul'tiras is just beautiful. If nothing else, BFA will be the most visually pleasing expansion so far.
    Let's hope they don't ruin all of it with bad gameplay.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I got my sister to play it, and she claims to be "hooked on it" (although it's pretty much the first video game she's ever played). Thing is... She's so bad. Beyond reasonable levels of bad. She has played WoW for six months and does not understand the concept of a dungeon, she doesn't know how to whisper people, or what stats are. I figured it'd take a month or two to figure stuff out, but she's so afraid of asking people for help because in her experience WoW players are very aggressive and mean. So, she seems to have just resigned herself to never understanding the game. :/
    Kind of similar experience with my friend's girlfriend. She got into the game after trying it out for a bit but she got bored because of the fact that "no one says anything to you" and I wanted her to join a guild but her level of interest shot down before that happened! She was also afraid of asking questions and felt there was a lot to learn about WoW even at the beginning levels.

For instance she wasn't realizing that you have to use every ability you get (this is a player with no heirlooms, first time wow player, but not first time mmo player) and happened to also pick, imo, the MOST BORING CLASS TO LEVEL (Priest, and Disc at that) but that's because she enjoys the cleric/healer type.

Blizzard just needs to spice up the early game experience, it's vastly different once you reach max level and are at end-game where everything is much more fast paced. Starting out slow is nice but it feels too slow atm!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Suramar may or may not be phased, but Thunder Totem definitely is not, I see non-HM players, including Alliance.
    Suramar was able to be phased because there was no reason to go into unphased Nighthold, but Thunder Totem is so open that they couldn't really make it sharded. I think the only phased parts are the monk trainers and other NPCs on the fringes of the city, they might be phased.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaldor View Post
    Interrupting for a good cause: before the start of legion, there was this big ass spreadsheet from some russian guy that tackled nearly everything you needed to know for the beginning of the expansion - does anyone know if there is a similiar thing this time around?
    I've seen one for Alliance side from a french(?) player, but its still WiP and of lower quality.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Actually I can, because the wolf itself looks better than the style of the new wolf model. The face and details on the fur look worse style-wise than the older model. https://i.imgur.com/m3xRi2g.jpg

With that being said, I wouldn't be a baby about them updating the model and would understand why they'd do it.
    Sorry, but no, the new wolves look way better than the old ones.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I disagree lad

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Suramar was able to be phased because there was no reason to go into unphased Nighthold, but Thunder Totem is so open that they couldn't really make it sharded. I think the only phased parts are the monk trainers and other NPCs on the fringes of the city, they might be phased.
    Monk trainers can be seen by other players. I can see them playing as Alliance.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Good.

One last week to profit from drums and potions (although I am already sold out, but I can craft a bit more).
    Yup, one last week to make bank off of Order Hall Missions for me, already spent almost all of my 2k Bloods of Sargeras on crafting and selling pots recently.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Monk trainers can be seen by other players. I can see them playing as Alliance.
    Then I don't really think there's any changes to Thunder Bluff besides those, not the... what, two unique conversations that are in Nighthold?

There really isn't supposed to be much to any of these hubs. Anyone crying about Shadowforge should go to it on Beta. It's empty and has nothing to do.

Then I don't really think there's any changes to Thunder Bluff besides those, not the... what, two unique conversations that are in Nighthold?

There really isn't supposed to be much to any of these hubs. Anyone crying about Shadowforge should go to it on Beta. It's empty and has nothing to do.
    Some are better than others, but all hubs are very lackluster and hastily put together, to say the least. Thunder Totem is the only one that really feels like a real detailed place, but that's because it was developed for 7.0 and was a major hub way before allied race concept was put into development.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I've seen one for Alliance side from a french(?) player, but its still WiP and of lower quality.
    Mh, okay. Guess something will emerge later on, then

Some are better than others, but all hubs are very lackluster and hastily put together, to say the least. Thunder Totem is the only one that really feels like a real detailed place, but that's because it was developed for 7.0 and was a major hub way before allied race concept was put into development.
    Thunder Totem being the exception to the mass majority rule should be a hint that the "hubs" aren't intended to be hubs at all.

It's a matter of taste. While it's a fact that the new one has more polygons, details and probably animations, someone might find the look of an older model more stylish.

just an example:

the new model here has definitely more polygons, more fluid animations and more details, but the older model has that more beastly aggressive look. The new Tauren model definitely looks like it could come out of a pixar movie... and not everyone likes that.

So the term "better" lies in the eye of the beholder.

5+ Year Old Account
    So who has predictions for the order of animatics?

I predict that on Tuesday we won't get one. But that we will get Jaina's on the following Monday, just before part 2 of Teldrassil is released.

Then the following Monday we'll get the Sylvanas animatic which will include Anduin's motivation for attacking Lordaeron.

Then on the following Monday we will finally see the Azshara animatic including the Burning of Teldrassil.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Is the updated Uther Tomb on the PTR? I feel like there may be a hidden Calia related quest sneaked into either PTR or Launch, as the reason for the Tomb's/Uthers model's update has yet to be revealed.

Is the updated Uther Tomb on the PTR? I feel like there may be a hidden Calia related quest sneaked into either PTR or Launch, as the reason for the Tomb's/Uthers model's update has yet to be revealed.
    Very possibly there were a lot of cut scenes that were not unlocked on PTR or beta.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Very possibly there were a lot of cut scenes that were not unlocked on PTR or beta.
    I can see the Calia quests/Junker Gnome quests second half being added in at launch, but they also could be 8.1 content.

Besides the potential allied races that AREN'T hidden (Vulpera, maybe Mok'nathal) it doesn't look like Blizzard has done much "visible" work on 8.1 content however. I don't know why they'd finish uther's tomb so early if it isn't relevant to prepatch or Launch.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got the invite into beta and quit at the same day. I did it right after i rescued the Princess Talanji and Prophet Zul.
    It was fucking blast of the mission. I immediately fell in love with both of them and just want to experience their plot lines on the launch, not beta.

The campaign is basically a single questline that takes you through enemy zones, and then you have some WQs there. Most of the time you will be in your own zones.
    Thanks for your answer.