Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Oh you're MallSecurity! NOW I understand. Enjoy your complete disingenuousness about an event you were not involved in and was resolved between the relevant parties over 5 years ago and pretend it matters broseph.
    What difference does it make if it was towards me, I used to watch his YouTubes way back, and just because shit wasn't said to me, doesn't mean I shouldn't care, however now you are just making excuses which seemed a bit like something he wouldn't have wanted, but hey now you are speaking on behalf of someone who isn't you
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

"Making excuses" is now explaining what happened and how every party that was ACTUALLY involved in it have all said they've moved past it years and years ago I suppose.

Wouldn't me making an excuse be trying to say he was justified in saying it or something?

The only people who give any shits about that situation are people like yourself who pretend you're making some kind of point by repeatedly bringing it up, when you're so actually ignorant about the situation that you dont even know TB himself brought it up in talking about how everybody needs to up their game in online discourse, including himself, multiple times.

What point do you actually think you're making here? Because I'm genuinely curious. You're vindictively trying to point out something that everybody else already knew as if you're making an actual argument. Its clear you just don't like TB and all this bullshit waffling around this topic is you trying so incredibly hard to try and defend a smear article put out about him posthumously in the grossest way possible, because you aren't even outright defending it. Instead playing this song and dance that everybody is clearly aware you're playing.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-07-13 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    I have been critical of Gamer Gate, but fuck this. This is inexcusable (The smearing campaign to clarify)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Probably worse, except I never had them printed and shared with others,
    Everyone can access your post history, bud, and we all know 99% of it is rubbish trolling.

I expected Kotaku or Polygon. Then again Forbes has been a different type of garbage for years. Although I must admit the part about how "one must make peace and settle any internet beef you have with feminists while you’re still living. History is written by the victors, after all." was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Setting that bar really fucking low, by the way.
    That'd mean the bar even exists for cases like that. Which is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I edited it because i read the question wrong because i just woke up. Also appearently making fun of her flappy vag means i hate all women, including myself.
    Internalized misogyny, duh. Accept Dhrizzle into your heart for he shall be your salvation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You mean I was driven off because I realised you can't argue with people who have bought so wholly into their own brand of bullshit? There's no point even trying to argue with people who are just going to regurgitate whatever people are pushing on /pol or KiA.
    So what you're saying is that you were secretly arguing with yourself in that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Probably worse, except I never had them printed and shared with others, however at the same time if I drop fucking dead right NOW, people I've hurt aren't obligated to say anything nice about me, or forgive me in the way I think they should.

Unless I wasn't an adult yet.
    I'm sorry, how did TB hurt you with that comment? Weirdly enough the actual person that was hurt with it publicly accepted his apology. Years ago. Which was an adult thing to do. Unlike you using that incident on their behalf. Even by the standards you outlined in this post you've got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The major difference is GG branded itself as a "leaderless movement" where anyone who wanted to be part of GG could be just by using the hashtag. If people wanted to harrass as part of GG they could, if Ralph wanted to spread his own brand of shit as part of GG he could, if people wanted to make life miserable for "SJWs" or anyone accused of "wrong-think" they just needed to slap #Gamergate on their tweets or whatever and there we go, it's part of GG.
    I'm curious, do you apply the same standard to feminism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I mean, gaming journalism is mostly just advertising and reviews. There's very little that qualifies as actual journalism. IGN ain't CNN people. Most of the "ethics in gaming" people from GG were just claiming that was a flaw and somehow cheapened the medium. It's not a flaw, that's all it is. It also was tied into slavering morons who went after women because of perceived biases that never actually existed or slights that never took place. The #GG nonsense was used to justify saying some truly awful things about people, mostly women. That's why it's thought of the way it is. It was a movement that never had anything worthwhile to say, so the bad stuff took on a larger spotlight because there was literally nothing good to counter balance it.

That being said Bain was tangentially related to the whole thing at best and generally called out the worst elements as trash. He was generally regarded as a decent guy. Certainly not deserving of a character hit piece after he died.
    The creator of KIA just tried to shut the sub down over his long-held guilt about how he wound up creating a reactionary cesspool. Even a half-way normal and decent human being can only be involved with this shit for so long.

Bain got into this mess because of his own issues with the industry. He didn't look before he leapt, which he should have, but managed to mostly extricate himself from it, especially after he came to the defense of Laura Kate Dale when he had her on his podcast and she wound up being harassed. I understand why the targets of that rage-fest aren't quick to forgive, but people need to be allowed to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Journalism has become a joke.
    This, sadly. Old world media, especially companies like [the one from that article], are cutting costs by not hiring editors, and paying low amounts to "journalists" like this one, and allow more subtle forms of clickbait to prop up their dying platforms. The editorial staff at [the one from that article] are a mockery of what that publication used to be.

Pay attention to your ad blockers. (What, you don't use ad blockers?)(This site is whitelisted, because I support them, btw) The number of ads and links and trackers and all the nonsense loaded from their page tells you what's really important, and it isn't the agenda fueled diatribe that is this "article". It's clickbait. Most "news" is now.

Let's check on what the author thinks nowadays:

Whelp.

Must be nice to only "accept" criticism you clearly already agreed with.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-07-14 at 12:58 AM.

I am completely ignorant of this whole thing, and for that I am grateful, seems like SJWs vs Edgelords run amok.

15+ Year Old Account

Whelp.

These people never admit they're wrong, they double down. They're trapped in a bubble. Bourgeoisie gonna bourgeois

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    These people never admit they're wrong, they double down. They're trapped in a bubble. Bourgeoisie gonna bourgeois
    When you fall for the binary tribalism meme your career dies by the binary tribalism meme. The greatest enemies of a cult are the ones that leave after all.

Deleted
    She clearly is writing this for her own interest and is not doing a good job with being neutral as a journalist if you actually know anything about this.
    And spinning it on TB that a woman got fired from ArenaNet and not her own actions? There are some really ugly people in the world and unethical, does she even belive what she wrote herself?

If you are going to write something about someone that is dead, try to atleast be neutral and do some better/more research. This just looks like it's written by a crazy person.

And she tried to contact the wife for what? That a woman got fired from ArenaNet because of him or 50 year old stuff that is dead? How dumb/weird can you be.

Whelp.

Pretty despicable replies there, sadly reinforces the point that TB's legacy will be tainted by his horrible fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    totalbiscuit, afaik, was also shit twat - game journalist. So, if gamers care, does anyone really care? Are gamers even above house flies? I doubt.
    You don't get 1 thing though. He's dead. So you're not allowed to be negative about him at all. Never! He was perfect, a virtue of journalism. Or so they want you to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    And she tried to contact the wife for what? That a woman got fired from ArenaNet because of him or 50 year old stuff that is dead? How dumb/weird can you be.
    It's a fairly standard ethical practice to contact the subject of an article and give them a chance to respond.

Deleted
    The subject is dead and the dead person & wife have nothing to do with the person getting fired.
    It's just a weird article in many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    He's one of those people that actually believes news articles like in the OP. Been that way since 2014, and he's still posting about it whenever he gets the chance.
    Yeah i forgot..just so unbelievable anyone is THAT far gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    <snip>
    Very well said.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    TB wasn't exactly neutral. He attacked many of the journalist who were actually doing ethically shady shit. He was neutral till they attacked him. You can't be neutral and still be considered a "good feminist" afterall...

Gamergates sins? Like forcing games journalists to be ethical? lol, these people are jokes.
    I dont have an opinion on him either way but just cus someones dead doesnt mean that you cant disagree with things they did or dislike them.

Now the writer is saying: "if anything, this would have been a great opportunity for Genna Bain to come forward and say "No, don't harass this digital culture reporter, don't dox, try to get her fired that's not what my husband stood for. I don't want harassment associated with my husband's brand"

They wrote a hit piece on a dead man, rightfully got called out on being the sociopath they are, now they are claiming they are the victim and the grieving widow should be defending them after said hit piece.

This is levels of disconnect from reality that should not be possible. Hopefully these mental gymnastics get them a spot at the olympics because this is gold medal stuff.