Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its not impossible if its a streamer.
    Actually that isn't true ether seeing how many streamer's don't use cams or have ever shown a IRL pic of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So only some? I would rather find a less abuseable system that would protect most but to each their own~
    The most is the community that doesn't want to deal with it. It isn't a majority that act's that way, they are just the loudest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Adding more words to the ban list isn't exactly a difficult thing to do when the system is already in place. And I'm pretty sure repeat offenders would get escalating punishments, most likely leading to permanent bans.

Is it worth it to keep skirting the ban list when the system will eventually catch up to you and render you unable to play anymore?

I would side with customers too if they weren't filling my games with hate speech.
    They should just permanently ban from the first offense. That would make people think twice how they carry themselves in a $60 game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually that isn't true ether seeing how many streamer's don't use cams or have ever shown a IRL pic of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

The most is the community that doesn't want to deal with it. It isn't a majority that act's that way, they are just the loudest.
    Im willing to bet most people who play do. Its to turn themselves into a brand.

Adding more words to the ban list isn't exactly a difficult thing to do when the system is already in place. And I'm pretty sure repeat offenders would get escalating punishments, most likely leading to permanent bans.

Is it worth it to keep skirting the ban list when the system will eventually catch up to you and render you unable to play anymore?

I would side with customers too if they weren't filling my games with hate speech.
    They could do whatever they want. As I am able to criticize when they are implement half-assed measures as a virtue-signal boost while these have rarely been successful in the past.

Its not impossible if its a streamer.
    With an automated system, yes it is. If they have someone manually going through and double checking each, sure, but that's unrealistic.

And either way, if they don't want to make that differentiation and simply don't want that language in their game that's totally fine too. They have every right to restrict any words or communication that they don't want to see in their game.

They could do whatever they want. As I am able to criticize when they are implement half-assed measures as a virtue-signal boost while these have rarely been successful in the past.
    I really don't see the point in calling something half-assed when you cannot suggest any better measures and have been suggesting they do nothing instead.

Im willing to bet most people who play do. Its to turn themselves into a brand.
    I won't say most or not do, nether you nore I have anything to back that up. But lots don't and refuse too, some even went from being on cam to taking it off (like Admiral_Bahroo did) because it helped them enjoy streaming more.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I really don't see the point in calling something half-assed when you cannot suggest any better measures and have been suggesting they do nothing instead.
    Mute\ignore feature. There. Saved your triggered butt when confronted by said hate-speech :P

Is it any worth long-term? Hardly.

Implement in like in some games where offenders, slowly but steadily, get teamed up with other offenders - in a limited matchmaking system that is significantly worst than the majority of the community - and bam. Infinitely better than an abuse-able automatic system.

Mute\ignore feature. There. Saved your triggered butt when confronted by said hate-speech :P

Is it any worth long-term? Hardly.

Implement in like in some games where offenders, slowly but steadily, get teamed up with other offenders - in a limited matchmaking system that is significantly worst than the majority of the community - and bam. Infinitely better than an abuse-able automatic system.
    Naw rather just remove them from the game outright. If you can't be civil then you shouldn't be there to begin with.

Naw rather just remove them from the game outright. If you can't be civil then you shouldn't be there to begin with.
    So you would rather the possibility of banning people unfairly via abuse; Instead of a system that would simply not match you with the highest toxic-input players? Interesting. And you say you side with the customer.

Hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    With an automated system, yes it is. If they have someone manually going through and double checking each, sure, but that's unrealistic.

And either way, if they don't want to make that differentiation and simply don't want that language in their game that's totally fine too. They have every right to restrict any words or communication that they don't want to see in their game.
    Fine, but again, ill be waiting when they ban the wrong person. Ill grab my tiramisu and enjoy myself.

So you would rather ban people unfairly via abuse; Instead of a system that would simply not match you with the highest toxic-input players? Interesting.
    How would you abuse a system that has a list of words you can't say?

Don't say those words and you won't get banned. Quite simple to understand. No system is perfect that is a given but its a start and can be improved.

Fine, but again, ill be waiting when they ban the wrong person. Ill grab my tiramisu and enjoy myself.
    Sure, and when they do they can deal with it. I have no issues with them getting flack of their system ends up causing more problems than they want to solve. But I'm not going to shit on a company for making an effort to improve their playerbase and make it less bigoted in-game.

Don't say those words and you won't get banned. Quite simple to understand.
    Kinda reminds me of that piece of news where someone got fired for stating which words were not okay - by saying them so that the people could know them xD

Keep wokin'!

Don't say those words and you won't get banned. Quite simple to understand. No system is perfect that is a given but its a start and can be improved.
    Maybe just have a mute button? If i'm playing Warframe and get grouped with one of those assholes on PSN trying to "make their debut" rapping shitty eminem covers over their PS4 mic i mute them and keep enjoying my game. Someone being a loud asshole is already pretty easy to deal with and this game has far, far more pressing issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nigga isnt a slurr. Thats the whole point of my question.
    Yes it is lmao the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Maybe just have a mute button? If i'm playing Warframe and get grouped with one of those assholes on PSN trying to "make their debut" rapping shitty eminem covers over their PS4 mic i mute them and keep enjoying my game. Someone being a loud asshole is already pretty easy to deal with and this game has far, far more pressing issues.
    True and some games do have that, It doesn't fix the typing in chat issue tho. I personally normally sit in my own party chat if I have to, to avoid hearing the crap. But honestly if people can't obey such a simple language rule then they just don't need to be playing the game at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sure, and when they do they can deal with it. I have no issues with them getting flack of their system ends up causing more problems than they want to solve. But I'm not going to shit on a company for making an effort to improve their playerbase and make it less bigoted in-game.
    Ok but i wasnt shitting on them. I said blanket bans are bad, not normal bans. Im issuing a warning in this ultra sensistive time that everything always turns into a controversey even with good intentions. Going the extra mile to look for context would probably be better in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Yes it is lmao the fuck
    No its not.

Ok but i wasnt shitting on them. I said blanket bans are bad, not normal bans. Im issuing a warning in this ultra sensistive time that everything always turns into a controversey even with good intentions. Going the extra mile to look for context would probably be better in the long run.
    And that's impossible in a game that has million's of match's with millions of players in just one day. What you are asking for is impossible and why a blanket ban is needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why wasn't this a thing already?

Kind of weird how most moderation on this front always requires someone to report it first.
    Because...haven't you seen the support that these suspended OW players are getting? Edgelords are very popular on the anonymous internet!