Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    But it's all okay. Our relationship is at the "Highest level of special."

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...%2Fuk-44807972

Special indeed.....

In a press conference Trump has called the on the record and taped interview that he did with the Sun newspaper (which was the source for all this) fake news and he's repeated a stupid lie about having predicted the outcome of Brexit while on a trip to Scotland despite the fact his trip began the day after the result was announced. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the visit he's promised and subsequently rejected 3 or 4 more post-Brexit trade deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But it's all okay. Our relationship is at the "Highest level of special."

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...%2Fuk-44807972

Special indeed.....
    President Postliterate Bestwords strikes again.

I was listening to some of the speech today on my ride into work, and man, Trump is not a great speaker. He tries and his effort is admirable, but he is just not good with the words.

"We're massively big, and they're big."
    "The highest level of special."

I'm not trying to make fun, but it was jarring hearing him speak after Theresa May got up there and was all well-spoken and eloquent.

Not that I didn't already know this, it was just a strong reminder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I was listening to some of the speech today on my ride into work, and man, Trump is not a great speaker. He tries and his effort is admirable, but he is just not good with the words.

I'm not trying to make fun, but it was jarring hearing him speak after Theresa May got up there and was all well-spoken and eloquent.
    A consistent cultural narrative of anti-intellectualism produces politicians of no oratorical ability whatsoever? Perish the thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

"Admirable" is putting it charitably. The man has the vocabulary and command of sentence structures of a middle schooler at best. It's why I have issues listening to him say...well...anything. I'm not expecting high eloquence or something, but a basic command of the English language shouldn't be too much to ask for the POTUS.

But then again, according to a lot of his conservative base, his manner of speaking is why they like him. Because he "talks like regular people", which is IMO an insult to regular folks. I'd like to think my fellow Americans across the country have a better command and understanding of the English language than this, but maybe I'm overly optimistic in this. The anti-intellectualism pushed by conservatives over the years seems to be more successful and have done more damage than anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The Britts hoped they had at least one noteworthy country on "their side" when facing the Brexit, someone that not only strengthens their position against the EU but also reinforces their economy through a trade deal.

But it seems the UK is on it's own.
    Weren't you like one of those defending Brexit....calling the stay side fearmongers.

but who could have predicted that the ''America first'' crap doesn't mean Britain first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Weren't you like one of those defending Brexit....calling the stay side fearmongers.

but who could have predicted that the ''America first'' crap doesn't mean Britain first.
    Like Trump he's diassociating himself from an idea he supported because he fears being associated with failure will make him look bad. It does.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Admirable" is putting it charitably. The man has the vocabulary and command of sentence structures of a middle schooler at best. It's why I have issues listening to him say...well...anything. I'm not expecting high eloquence or something, but a basic command of the English language shouldn't be too much to ask for the POTUS.

But then again, according to a lot of his conservative base, his manner of speaking is why they like him. Because he "talks like regular people", which is IMO an insult to regular folks. I'd like to think my fellow Americans across the country have a better command and understanding of the English language than this, but maybe I'm overly optimistic in this. The anti-intellectualism pushed by conservatives over the years seems to be more successful and have done more damage than anticipated.
    Well, he does represent you. How do you feel about that? And why are you not out on the streets?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, he does represent you. How do you feel about that? And why are you not out on the streets?
    Why do you think I haven't been and won't continue to be? : )

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why do you think I haven't been and won't continue to be? : )
    Awesome! Now we need to motivate more of these forum dwellers to go onto the streets and make their dissatisfaction known! I'm still counting on that impeachment when the GOP realises they're losing votes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is not "Trump taking a dump on Brexit". Not really. This is "Trump sees a thing, points to it, and says 'I can do better' with no experience, evidence, or facts."
    You forget his follow up where he say's who knew that doing such and such was so hard when it's shown he can't do it.

10+ Year Old Account

It’s more jarring to consider he had an Ivy League education, just like she did. You can even use it as an argument against free higher education. As right there, you have an example results from someone earning it in May and someone having it handed to them in Trump. She is conservative, born from a clergyman and a conservative booster, so you cannot hinge this on liberal bias of Ivy League schools.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Brexit a thing that the UK can still back out of? It seems like a really appealing idea at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    Is Brexit a thing that the UK can still back out of? It seems like a really appealing idea at this stage.
    Maybe. Legal opinion is divided.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when our resident Trump cultists will come rushing in to make excuses for their Orange Messiah proving himself to be a moron wholly unqualified for his office.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    •Insisted former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make “a great Prime Minister”.
    I guess he judged world leaders by silliness of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Amerixit. I am sure Trump would love to leave the UN and become an independent state. :P
    That'll show that American puppet!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Donald trump is a fucking serial liar. “I predicted brexit the day after he happened.... I’ll just say it was the day before!”
    Like we don't remember, because that was the time he warmly commended the people of Scotland for the Leave vote, when Scotland voted Remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Holy Shit! I heard the audio where he criticized Teresa May!

Trumpkins this guy has dementia! You follow a idiot with dementia.
    Reminder: about a year after the Access Hollywood tape became public, and he publicly "apologised" for it, he was privately telling people that it was a fake and wasn't his voice. To their astonishment.

The New York Times on Wednesday reported that shortly before his inauguration, Trump told a Republican senator that he wanted to investigate the recording.

“We don’t think that was my voice,” Trump reportedly told the senator, according to the Times, which cited a “person familiar with the conversation”. Three people close to the president told the paper that Trump has continued to suggest the tape is not real.

A story in the Washington Post on Wednesday also reported that Trump had questioned whether the tape of him bragging about assaulting women sounded doctored, citing two anonymous sources who said they had heard the president make the comments.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ps-biggest-lie
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...wood-tape-fake

He also denied pretending to be his own agent in the 1980s to spread rumours about himself, which was again his voice ON TAPE... and he'd already admitted to it when it first got out decades ago. And then he admitted it again.

Less than two weeks after denying that he ever pretended to be a publicist named John Miller or John Barron in promoting his business affairs with reporters, Trump admitted on Wednesday that “over the years I have used aliases”. He added “I used the name Barron” and explained that was the inspiration for the name of his youngest son, Barron Trump.

The presumptive Republican nominee had previously admitted under oath to using aliases and was infamous for doing so among New York reporters in the 1980s.

However, Trump denied he had done so earlier this month after audio emerged several weeks ago of Trump posing as “John Miller” in a 1991 interview with a reporter for People magazine.

Trump still denied to Kimmel that it was his voice in the audio, first published by the Washington Post, saying “to me that didn’t sound like my voice”. However, shortly after the 1991 interview to People, he had admitted it was him, claiming it was “a joke gone awry”.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...my-kimmel-live

I mean, is it dementia? Or is this the result of almost 70 years of compulsive lying and all the fundamental isolation from reality that money can buy?

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed that today, did you?

I disagree on the effort being admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    It can. In the UK, referenda are not binding. But UK politicians don't want to wear the political consequences of doing so. And Labour has no balls.

You are right though, ending Brexit is the least damaging alternative at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Maybe. Legal opinion is divided.
    You mean on the UK or EU side? I'm pretty confident the EU would make special arrangements no matter what the articles officially say. The UK would still be worse off than it was before of course, basically its special treatment ended when Article 50 was enacted, and they've pissed their bargaining power away with this idiotic charade. But probably better than it could hope to be from either soft or hard Brexit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well it works in some areas here in the States.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Donald Trump gave a similarly insane interview to Rupert Murdoch's British tabloid, The Sun" in which he:

•Accused EU leaders of destroying its culture and identity by allowing in millions of migrants, a statement that is right out of the playbook of white supremacists
    •Ripped into Theresa May for not doing Brexit his way, says trade deals are off
    •Tore into London Mayor Sadiq Khan for not standing up to terrorists
    •Blamed Khan for spiralling crime in the capital
    •Insisted former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson would make “a great Prime Minister”.
    •Denied once branding Theresa May a “bossy schoolteacher”
    •Maintained he would keep ties with Russian tyrant Vladimir Putin despite the Salisbury Novichok poisonings
    •Demanded Britain and other Nato countries spend more on defense
    •Spoke of his sadness at feeling unwelcome in the capital by anti-Trump protesters
    •Claimed millions of Brits backed his policies
    •Told of his pride at taking wife Melania to meet the Queen
    Please don't stop, nobody has been this honest with the UK in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Please don't stop, nobody has been this honest with the UK in ages.
    You mention honesty but intentionally leave out the blatant lie at the end of the quote. Classic Jizzy.