Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I didn't read it so it didn't happen.

I read it in one article so it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I read it in one article so it happened.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...taly-hqtzzlcfm

Fearing they would be returned to Libyan detention centres, where torture and rape are common, the migrants turned on the crew. “They said, ‘We will kill you if you head south’ ”, according to Christopher Savoye of Vroon, the Dutch operator of the ship.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/676922...st-guard-ship/

Christopher Savoye of Vroon, the Dutch operator of the ship, said: “They said, ‘We will kill you if you head south’.

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...l-rescue-crew/

The migrants grew increasingly aggressive and threatened to kill the crew “because they did not want to return to Libya in any way” when they saw the boat, “forcing it to head north”, he added.

Okay.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They were trying to send the Libyans back to their deaths so I’m not surprised that the Libyans fought fire with fire. Until the Italian workers have dealt with being a refugee and racism in general I have no sympathy for them.
    What killed the Roman Empire? Oh right, fucking immigrants did. They're not Libyans and why the fuck would we want murderuous immigrants!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    They were trying to send the Libyans back to their deaths so I’m not surprised that the Libyans fought fire with fire. Until the Italian workers have dealt with being a refugee and racism in general I have no sympathy for them.
    Because letting them drown is so much better. What the fuck? So you rescue a bunch of people that were drowning and the next thing you know they're trying to kill you? And that means you deserve no sympathy because they were gonna die anyway? That's some fucked logic man.

Fearing they would be returned to Libyan detention centres, where torture and rape are common, the migrants turned on the crew. “They said, ‘We will kill you if you head south’ ”, according to Christopher Savoye of Vroon, the Dutch operator of the ship.

Christopher Savoye of Vroon, the Dutch operator of the ship, said: “They said, ‘We will kill you if you head south’.

The migrants grew increasingly aggressive and threatened to kill the crew “because they did not want to return to Libya in any way” when they saw the boat, “forcing it to head north”, he added.

Okay.
    Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time linking more articles that say otherwise. They're easy enough to find. Outnumbered more than 5-1 and no one was injured and no reports of anything being damaged. Worst example of "piracy" in history. Since there are obviously discrepancies in the stories that were reported, I'll continue to await the conclusion of the investigation into the validity of the claims. That being said, given that all of the refugees were allowed to disembark the coast guard vessel, I would imagine that no charges of piracy will be leveled at any of them.

Yeah, I'm not going to waste my time linking more articles that say otherwise.
    They could, but you can't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.
    I can hear the REE from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cronotose View Post
    The winner is not always the bad ass.

Yeah, I'm not going to
    You mentioned the death threats in your own post further up, gesture of cutting their throats. That's also threatening to murder even if done by gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Because letting them drown is so much better. What the fuck? So you rescue a bunch of people that were drowning and the next thing you know they're trying to kill you? And that means you deserve no sympathy because they were gonna die anyway? That's some fucked logic man.
    we both know I was talking about no sympathy for the Italians, don’t get brave.

edit: and I wasn't saying they deserve anything or they deserve no sympathy. I was saying that I personally didn't have any sympathy for them, and once again there may have been a misunderstanding. I doubt those refugees know how to speak Italian, and I doubt the Italian workers can speak Arabic.
    Last edited by united; 2018-07-14 at 01:43 AM.
    change can't wait.

humans have inhabited africa longer than any other piece of land on earth and it was the shittiest place on earth to live the second the first person migrated elsewhere. sub-saharan africans have been given aid, technology, knowledge and they don't do jack shit with it. when they took fertilizer down there to a small village and showed them how to increase their yield and make twice as much money on their crops, the first thing they did was go blow their 'extra' money on shit that they felt made them better than their neighbors, like jewelry and other useless shit for anyone who lives in a mud hut. they didn't have the basic common sense to buy more fertilizer and increase their yield again, nor the desire. they wanted shiny things, like a bower bird. their inability to value what creates great civilizations isn't the white man's fault, it's either cultural or a deficit they're born with and can't overcome. there is only one race of human being that has never had an ancestor create an empire of some sort, and it's sub-saharan africans (i'll probably get banned if i just call them black people, because that's what they are, negroids)

if the goddamn horse won't drink after you lead it to water even after you show it how, that horse is gonna die.

persians were in africa for no time before they were throwing up pyramids
    Last edited by sopeonaroap; 2018-07-14 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we both know I was talking about no sympathy for the Italians, don’t get brave.

edit: and I wasn't saying they deserve anything or they deserve no sympathy. I was saying that I personally didn't have any sympathy for them, and once again there may have been a misunderstanding. I doubt those refugees know how to speak Italian, and I doubt the Italian workers can speak Arabic.
    That's what I said you dip.

@sopeonaroap lmfao you really wrote that racist rant over a tiny little statement I made? You must have some hatred towards black people, oh I'm sorry: "negroids" using your language, because honestly nothing I wrote warrants anything you just said.

I can't help but laugh when I see racists expose themselves. How sad of a life must one live if they hate a group of people that have never done anything to them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    That's what I said you dip.
    and I realized that and added the edit to respond to the ultimately false thing that you said.
    change can't wait.

When you threaten to kill the crew on a ship that rescued you then you are not a refugee, you don't need any protection. In some other countries you would receive the death penalty for what they did.
    ...and Notzie nr 2 chiming in.

- - - Updated - - -

You mentioned the death threats in your own post further up, gesture of cutting their throats. That's also threatening to murder even if done by gestures.
    No it isn't. There has to be some sort of intent. If not we would all be in jail for rape for saying FU.

Throw the trash off the ship and let them drown. Nothing would be lost

7+ Year Old Account
    Those migrants sure are presenting some positive reinforcement for ship crews to help out migrants in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    ...and Notzie nr 2 chiming in.
    I'd suggest not using words you don't know the meaning of.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    No it isn't.
    You're gonna have to explain how gesturing cutting their throats isn't a death threat.

Hey i have a question i know it sounds crazy, but is it possible one can be ok with sensible immigration possible without electing actual fascist who work for russian interest?

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Hey i have a question i know it sounds crazy, but is it possible one can be ok with sensible immigration possible without electing actual fascist who work for russian interest?
    Yes, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_Jae-in & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_of_Korea

[QUOTE=Jinro;49731178]I'd suggest not using words you don't know the meaning of.

You're gonna have to explain how gesturing cutting their throats isn't a death threat.

They were probably telling them to kill the shitty music.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    IF true, the whole group of migrants should be deported. Europe has enough problems as it is

10+ Year Old Account

Okay.
    You seem to be having some trouble with the concept of credible English-language sources. None of those are such sources.

The Times is a Murdoch-owned rag that manages to use longer words than most.

The Sun is a crazy right-wing tabloid, which is also owned by Murdoch.

Brietbart is a crazy far-right white supremacist from the USA site.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters