Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not enough.
    "We frowned at him disapprovingly and clucked out tongues quietly. What else could we possibly have done to prevent literal Nazis from running as Republican candidates?"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "We frowned at him disapprovingly and clucked out tongues quietly. What else could we possibly have done to prevent literal Nazis from running as Republican candidates?"
    Long time (ex) Republican Max Boot describes the new Republican Party most succinctly: “You used to belong to a conservative party with a white-nationalist fringe. Now it’s a white-nationalist party with a conservative fringe.”

The new Republican Party has a candidate for every flavor. Neo-Nazi's, a brothel owner, a man who turned a blind eye to the abuse of his students and then blamed Hillary Clinton and Rod Rosenstein for the story getting out, conspiracy theorists, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2018-07-12 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reliquit-salis View Post
    same reason why clueless school shooter nutters use 'ar15s'. all the buzz from bigots. kids hear ar15 ar15 ar15 over and over and they thinks what they need to get the job done. buzz from bigots is that these people will find a home on the right. well we dont want them. look at the evidence. when they show up to trump rallies they get driven away by other trump supporters. when they register to run as gop they actual gop tries to get rid of them. its a problem.
    Huh.

So it's not a history of bigoted statements, racist policies, and generally shitty attitude towards minorities that are attracting this people....but rather the left pointing out these issues?

So it's the left fault for pointing out the right's issue with minorities that is making bigots align themselves to the party?

Man. If you actually and truly believe that then there's no hope for you.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. If they really disapproved, they could have stopped Nazi's from running under the GOP banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. If they really disapproved, they could have stopped Nazi's from running under the GOP banner.
    Yes, but they are so marry! I heart Mel Brooks...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

As we can see the antisemitism is very much alive and kicking.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    As we can see the antisemitism is very much alive and kicking.
    Sad but true. Even have a holocaust denier apologist in the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodstripes View Post
    Sad but true. Even have a holocaust denier apologist in the thread.
    It was just a misunderstanding you see - Primary

Bigots on the left? Jesus, you need help.

If the GOP really wanted to keep this from happening - and by my count this is at least five HORRIFIC people now on their ticket for national office - they would keep it from happening, however and whatever it took. But they don't - because the GOP is morally bankrupt.
    I think it's 8 now?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/white...in-2018-2018-5

15+ Year Old Account
    This is internally hypocritical nonsense.

Unless we have objectively-determinable equity of outcome (note I said "equity", not "equality"), and have proven that there is no form of discrimination or prejudice affecting any group in any way whatsoever, and never can be ever again (which, obviously, is an impossible standard), the data requires identity politics to address the inequities it reveals.

It's so obviously hypocritical I doubt you even understand what "identity politics" even means, and are just using it as a right-wing slur word.

If you're talking about the equity of socioeconomic class distribution (to pick a topic without a lot of invective around it), the data on the growth patterns of a redwood tree or the storm patterns on Uranus aren't going to be of any use to you, and cannot help inform that choice, and thus should be ignored.

This is, again, really obvious stuff.
    Also notice how right wingers love to rail against "identity politics" when it suits them, which is basically just making sure disadvantaged groups have equal rights and equal voice. When it comes to discussion about the electoral college, they always whine about how California and New York would determine every election from there on out. They love to use identity politics to push their own agenda when it suits them. They just choose to side with rural white (non) working class voters who feel disadvantaged.

The same white (non) working class voters who have been shitting all over "social justice" for years are now demanding social justice for perceived inequality.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Also notice how right wingers love to rail against "identity politics" when it suits them, which is basically just making sure disadvantaged groups have equal rights and equal voice. When it comes to discussion about the electoral college, they always whine about how California and New York would determine every election from there on out. They love to use identity politics to push their own agenda when it suits them. They just choose to side with rural white (non) working class voters who feel disadvantaged.

The same white (non) working class voters who have been shitting all over "social justice" for years are now demanding social justice for perceived inequality.
    Yep. Pretty much all the "identity politics" coming from the left is about achieving an equality of opportunity; you notice some inequity, and try and correct for it, so there's no longer a difference. Take gay marriage; that wasn't about "special rights for gay people", that was about "same rights for everyone". The focus is on making it an even playing field, not creating special classes to uniquely privilege.

And then the right wing rails against that. And then, with no self-awareness at all, they make arguments about;

> Protecting particular religious rights of persecution (favoring that "identity" over the "identity" of those they persecute)
    > Denying entry to foreign migrants based on country of origin/religion (both of which are "identities")
    > Passing tax laws that favor the upper class (favoring that socioeconomic identity)
    > Targeting media for being "left-wing" (which, of course, is an identity)
    > Complaining about treatment of rural Americans (an identity)

And so on; that's just off the top of my head and I know I'm missing a lot.

The American right wing isn't against identity politics. Practically their entire platform and ideological outlook is rooted in identity politics. They're against the Democrat's and the left-wings general attitude to reduce and over time eliminate those barriers, turning clear-cut differences of identity into an interwoven tapestry of humanity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    It was just a misunderstanding you see - Primary
    I lol'd. That guy...wow.

Bigots on the left? Jesus, you need help
    yes cubby bigots on the left. bigot is not unique to any status. all humans are capable of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah, they're not racists guys, it's just that the GOP happens to attract them like flies to garbage, but that doesn't mean they're racist.
    antifa attracts thousands of violent individuals that want to hurt people that dont agree with them. antifa is the left. does this mean the left is inherently violent. no it does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    antifa attracts thousands of violent individuals that want to hurt people that dont agree with them. antifa is the left. does this mean the left is inherently violent. no it does not.
    If I thought you should be removed from this country, that you are poisoning the country with your existence and think I am here to replace you... would you agree with me? Would you be a bigot for being black and against the KKK? Yes, the left is inherently violent, to people who ideology is inherently violent against them.

Are conservatives the same as fascists to you? Because, it’s antifa not anticonservata... so it’s just people leftists disagree with. You are not defending conservatives, when you attack antifa.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-07-14 at 12:31 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If I thought you should be removed from this country, that you are poisoning the country with your existence and think I am here to replace you... would you agree with me? Would you be a bigot for being black and against the KKK. Yes, the left is inherently violent, to people who ideology is inherently violent against them.
    i dont think the left is inherently violent. if that were the case then half of our citizens would be dressed in black swinging bike locks at the half that wasnt. and that is what this is about. making a gross judgement about entire groups of people who are nameless save for a party label. its not logical. its not honest. its not good manners either.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think the left is inherently violent. if that were the case then half of our citizens would be dressed in black swinging bike locks at the half that wasnt. and that is what this is about. making a gross judgement about entire groups of people who are nameless save for a party label. its not logical. its not honest. its not good manners either.
    What? Tell me more about this nameless as you talk about antifa? Hilarious... lol

Just in case you missed it... you just called your self illogical, not honest and definetly bad manners. lol

How many antifa are running for office? Now how many Nazis, white supremacists, and racists are running for office?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

How many antifa are running for office? Now how many Nazis, white supremacists, and racists are running for office?
    Anyone who doesn't like Trump or agree with reliquit-salis's worldview is antifa, therefore most people running for office are antifa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

At least this one does not have a snowball chance in hell of winning the seat, unlike others in less progressive states.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    yes cubby bigots on the left. bigot is not unique to any status. all humans are capable of it.
    Bigots how on the left? Give me a specific example.