Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You realize that phrase (which came from elitist soulsborne players no less)
    only makes you look worse right?

Specifically in the mental capacity for intelligent thought.
    The funny thing is that the Soulsborne community WILL tell you to "Git gud". But when you do they give you props for it. The only people who get genuine scorn or ridicule are those that complain that the game is too hard, or unfair, or if they give up.

Doesnt matter how long it takes you, as long as you beat the boss you got gud. In that regard they're a hell of a lot better than the wow community (who won't ever recognize accomplishments unless they were done under the exact same perfectly recreated conditions as the first person to ever do something).
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-07-13 at 06:37 AM.

Deleted
    You need around 910 ilvl, buffs, flasks and drums

You had a year to do them if you didn't get them done in time that's on you.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Literally just have arcane and demonology left, haven't bothered with those for a while simply because I've never played those specs in legion and need to make WA's for them :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Literally just have arcane and demonology left, haven't bothered with those for a while simply because I've never played those specs in legion and need to make WA's for them :S
    Just use wago.io, search for demonology weakauras and go to town. After having done many other challenges before it and being fairly unfamiliar with the demo spec, I was amazed at how easy it was to complete.

Deleted
    Did all of them. Not that easy because of subtle game mechanics differences (notably for the healing ones) and quite time consuming.
    Overall, I would advise against it since not all appearances are that "flashy".
    Dk Unholy was the easiest one, and monk brewmaster the hardest one, at least for me.

I have Guardian, Feral, Unholy, Retribution, the only other I care about is Prot P.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I have the one I really wanted, my Prot Pally skin. There are some I'd like to have on my alts but I really don't feel like grinding out the gear for them. I'm happy with what I have.

Deleted
    You don't need to grind that much gear. You can do 100% "solo" content and get geared enough : Greater invasion, WQ and such (even LFR if you're realy pressed for gear). I'd say 2 to 4 hours depending on your luck for each max lvl toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    20/36, will probably try one or two more before next Tuesday.

With that said, what's up with all the hate here? I mean, literally, on both side -- can we please stop?

Yes, some people are having a hard time. They're considered a challenge, of which Blizzard stated themselves that a major portion of the playerbase would not be able to complete -- even with Argus' patch. Not everyone has the patience to wipe time and time again - sometime as far as 50 attempts - just for a simple weapon transmog. And not everyone has the skill, even if they tried 50 time. But that doesn't make them any less of a person because of it. And no, stop trying to make it look easy. It's not. It's more trivial for some players than others - I had a fairly easy time myself - but you should be able, as a mature person, to see where the major chokepoints are and not be a dick about it.

On the other hand, stop wishing that people fail the challenge because you couldn't make it. It's normal to be angry when facing repeated failure against a mage tower, but your other fellow players aren't deserving (mostly) of your hatred. Some people are still trying, even four days before the pre-patch. And you know what? Some will make it, others won't. But your own struggles with it has nothing to do with those who are still trying - or those that managed to do it. And feeding those who call the challenge easy only really serves to fuel their behavior more than anything else.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    And not everyone has the skill, even if they tried 50 time.
    I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Mage tower is quite a shock if you're not doing content that prepares you for what you'll be facing. It may not be the case for everyone but, as a solo player, it was for me. It took a few attempts to get rid of all the rust I'd accumulated. :P

Fortunately, my only count that high is frost mage, which I finally got last night after changing one talent. Sometimes it's the little things.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I read another thread the other day where everyone and his mother said that feral was the easiest challenge by far. As i had completed it a week ago with my 915 unholy DK (which is the same challenge) with whom it was super super easy, i tried it today with my feral druid. 914 ilvl, leggos, food, flask, pots... oh boy i got my ass beaten. Only tried it 3 times, never got her below 50%, i always got overwhelmed by adds. Well... this is a challenge i will not complete, dont want to have 100 tries like back then with Aff warlock without the ring -.-

So NO, feral is NOT the easiest, not at all! Balance druid and UH DK can do the challenge blind, but feral? Not so much

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    So NO, feral is NOT the easiest, not at all! Balance druid and UH DK can do the challenge blind, but feral? Not so much
    Everybody says that about UH, but it still took me 10 attempts to get it. Though, in my defense, I never played the spec, only had frost legendaries, and didn't use any consumables. People make it sound like you just go in, DoT everything up and win, it did not play out like that.

First time I did feral the only legendary I had were the bash pants and I didn't even make it to P2. I got lucky that my next two were Prydaz and Ekowraith, things played out a lot differently the next time I tried. The range on Trash and Brutal Slash with Eko + moonkin affinity is amazing. As much as people like to say legendaries aren't required for these challenges they make a significant difference when you have good ones.

I couldn't believe how easy Balance was after struggling so much with frost mage.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    so you've completed the easiest ones? gz
    To you maybe, but more than enough people would disagree with you. Either way,
    you're no closer to being right then when you started.

Also, if thinking that you shouldn't just be given something for free makes me elitist, then call me fucking dafran
    Please quote me when I said they should be given for free.

They don't have to be. They should just STILL be obtainable and not removed, period. Just do
    it in the same sense that the Green Fire for Warlocks is.

And for every one of these "difficult" skins they make for players, they should give players who
    complete it before final expansion patches their E-peen title and achievement, then allow those
    who had trouble (or weren't around) come later to get it. They just don't get the "street cred"
    of getting it first.

There is nothing wrong with them going this route as opposed to removing shit.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2018-07-14 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puduck View Post
    You don't need to grind that much gear. You can do 100% "solo" content and get geared enough : Greater invasion, WQ and such (even LFR if you're realy pressed for gear). I'd say 2 to 4 hours depending on your luck for each max lvl toon.
    Good old LFR and luck. I ran all the wings of the raid that opens up to fresh 110 boosts yesterday. Walked away with zero pieces of gear. I could not believe it. We're what.. four? weeks from this gear becoming obsolete and still the system screws us over.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    Not going to lie, I'd like more time too but I knew they were going to remove it and chose not to play for a year, so I only have myself to blame for starting so late. That said there are only another handful I'm interested in, with only one of those being a must-have, so I might be fine.
    Nah, if you chose not to play for a year, its because the game wasn't appealing to you, and thats on Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You had a year to do them if you didn't get them done in time that's on you.
    Not everyone knew a year ago that they've be playing a particular class or spec.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Nah, if you chose not to play for a year, its because the game wasn't appealing to you, and thats on Blizzard.
    Normally I'd agree but in my case it was down to having a new job with a really long commute combined with not really having the money to keep my sub active. I'd have subbed if I'd had enough playtime to grind out the gold for the tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by atrumvir View Post
    What talent was it?
    I took Frozen Touch over Splitting Ice. My issue was in P3 and beyond running out of adds. I didn't want to give up Arctic Gale because of the increased range on Blizzard, it was the only way I was keeping Karam kited. I think the cleave on Ice Lance was counterproductive and assisting in killing the adds too quickly. I would get to the point where Frozen Orb was on cooldown and I'd have to hard cast Blizzard with maybe 3 adds available.

10+ Year Old Account
    For every weenie complaining about not being able to do Mage Tower skins in this thread and how it's unfair because they go away next week, there are two more people who have resubbed to try and unlock them. That more money for Blizzard, and a win in their eyes.

I know I resubbed just for the Feral Druid skin (got the Guardian one a week after the mage tower was available), which I two shot in Normal NH gear and 940 sub-par legendaries (that's about the point where I switched to my DK as a main).

Honestly guys, it's a matter of git gud. These skins are meant to be a reward for playing your class somewhat correctly, and in the current state with upgraded artifacts it should be a cakewalk as long as you have the presence of mind to not stand in bad and interrupt spells that will kill you.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.