Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    she is just N'Zoths bitch tho

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Right? I feel like they're already selling Azshara short by not giving her her own expansion, but they can't possibly make her a raid boss without letting us explore Nazjatar, right? I know, everyone fucking hates Vashj'ir, but face it, she's a sea witch, and that giant underwater city is her power base, her domain. Can't fight Azshara without letting us explore it at least once.
    Well first off there's no if she'll be a boss, she's already confirmed to be the first end boss of BFA's first raid tier (think Nighthold)

Having said that, I'm 99.99% sure they're going to have her be "defeated" and carry on to the next expansion which will be her own. Think Gul'dan in WoD. Chased him for an entire expansion, don't end up fighting him until the 1st tier of the following.

I feel like this will be similar but this time we fight her in the beginning, gets away, and leads to her "Wrath" in the expansion following BFA. Blizzard has been carrying stories forward from expansion to expansion, I think Legion ended a big story arc that started with end of MoP (garrosh to WoD with Gul'dan and to Legion with taking out him and the leaders) and now BFA is a new story arc. So if the trend continues, you'll most likely see Azshara story finally begin and continue on into the next expansion.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt she'll be a one off boss. Blizzard knows she's a boss worth of an entire expansion and I think that will end up being the case.

I’m not really expecting her to die when we face her in BfA.

I'm expecting her to live, leading to the next expansion which will centered around nzoth, with her as the climax in the first raid, and nzoth as last Boss of the expansion.

But maybe thats their plan for bfa though

I also loved Vashj'ir and I'd be ecstatic to see another underwater zone. I want to see the spooky sunken city of Ny'alotha or whatever its called, too. I hope it has a cool black obsidian monolith aesthetic. Dark and deep and suitably Old Godly.

Also give me more underwater mounts and reasons to use them, thanks

My feeling is that Blizzard has a lot more in store for Azshara than simply 8.1. I wouldn’t put it past her to transcend the Naga and sacrifice them towards some greater goal. She is the sort of named villain who could be valuable in the future when we run out of people to defeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who? Who in the hell is Nazjatar and why does this matter?

Deleted
    The popular opinion is that they can raise it above water. Honestly, i do agree. Azshara deserved a central spot. It's a bit disappointng if we off her just like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Who? Who in the hell is Nazjatar and why does this matter?
    How can you not know? It's the Naga main city. Maybe it will be the raid itself.

You could google it, you know?

My bet's on Nazjatar being the Nighthold of BfA

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling Azshara will be redeemed similar to Illidan Stormrage and help us fight N'zoth later on.

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    I have a feeling Azshara will be redeemed similar to Illidan Stormrage and help us fight N'zoth later on.
    I hope not. Queen Azshara would never lower herself to join us filthy low borns.

Deleted
    I think the sad reality is that too many people complained too hard about vashj'ir that blizzard have completely shut the door on any further underwater stuff. Even the area you fight n'zoth at the end of the expansion will have risen from the bottom of the ocean to avoid any underwater zone backlash.

I would love to be wrong though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Now there's a dilemma if i ever saw one.

Azshara and Nazjatar are added to the game but Azshara dies unceremoniously and anticlimactic while Nazjatar is a worse Broken Shore in every way possible.

Will you push that red button?
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If boring chore and Argus are anything to go by it will be a pale shadow of it's supposed glory anyway, for all I care we can fight around the abyssal rift..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    I loved Vashj'ir, personally. An endgame zone like Suramar or Argus in that style would be amazing.

And give me somewhere to ride around on my catfish too!
    God please no, water in games legitimately terrifies me, as a child I could not even stand 2d sonic the hedgehog games when you go underwater let alone the music when your about to drown.
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

This is argus all over again its not enough that we get patch 8.2 Nazjatar, people want whole expansion from one city. Lets be honest there isn't enough content in one city to cater for expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The popular opinion is that they can raise it above water. Honestly, i do agree. Azshara deserved a central spot. It's a bit disappointng if we off her just like that.
    We can always just have her occupy some ruins and beat her back at the end of the campaign without ever actually setting foot on Nazjatar. I'm currently not really seeing how we'd get there in the first place, the nighthold was part of the launch content and essentially forshadowed on broken shore and suramar. Azshara would have to pull quite the quick one to suddenly become relevant in a 8.1 patch, which makes me wonder if they can even pull it off convincingly.

The only people that hated Vashj'ir most of the time were melee people.

That zone has to be one of the best in WoW. Beautiful zone. The flight of the jellyfish was so calming to watch in that zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    The only people that hated Vashj'ir most of the time were melee people.

That zone has to be one of the best in WoW. Beautiful zone. The flight of the jellyfish was so calming to watch in that zone.
    I don't think it's that simple. It was the hit detection that was a bit wonky. They could just increase the hit boxes of the monsters.

I play melee and i did enjoy the zone though. It was very different from everything else we got.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Right? I feel like they're already selling Azshara short by not giving her her own expansion, but they can't possibly make her a raid boss without letting us explore Nazjatar, right? I know, everyone fucking hates Vashj'ir, but face it, she's a sea witch, and that giant underwater city is her power base, her domain. Can't fight Azshara without letting us explore it at least once.
    Why would you think vashj'ir is generally hated? It's my favorite cata zone cuz it is something entirely different to what we usually have in wow. And I'm sure there's many more having my opinion.