Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just want shadow hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

What would you consider evidence for any class before they were added? Did the game need to scream Monks and Demon Hunters back in Vanilla or something?
    Well, to be fair the box for vanilla wow DID have a demon Hunter player on it....
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-07-14 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Well, to be fair the box for vanilla wow DID have a demon Hunter player on it....
    Touché! /10
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter edgelords can be a new class. Warlocks are edgelord Mages, Death Knights are edgelord Warriors and Demon Hunters are edgelord Rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

What would you consider evidence for any class before they were added? Did the game need to scream Monks and Demon Hunters back in Vanilla or something?
    Mages can summon demons too right...they do health stones and summon portals just like Locks? Sorry...lots of difference.
    Warriors can raise the dead too? They can battle rez, slow and even pull from range...sorry wrong again.
    Rogues and glide, double jump, see through stealth,use glaives, and have nearly unrivaled movement?....oooohhhh 0 for 3.

Sorry...all Dark Ranger can be is the exact same thing Hunter is except with a dark theme....they'd use the exact same weapons...do the exact same things....but do it while brooding. Doing the same thing while being brooding /= a new class.

In your very weak attempt to try and claim Dark Ranger will be unique....actually weak attempt? You haven't came up with a damn thing unique for them so honestly it's no attempt at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Mages can summon demons too right...they do health stones and summon portals just like Locks? Sorry...lots of difference.
    Warriors can raise the dead too? They can battle rez, slow and even pull from range...sorry wrong again.
    Rogues and glide, double jump, see through stealth,use glaives, and have nearly unrivaled movement?....oooohhhh 0 for 3.

Sorry...all Dark Ranger can be is the exact same thing Hunter is except with a dark theme....they'd use the exact same weapons...do the exact same things....but do it while brooding. Doing the same thing while being brooding /= a new class.

In your very weak attempt to try and claim Dark Ranger will be unique....actually weak attempt? You haven't came up with a damn thing unique for them so honestly it's no attempt at all.
    All of the above, yes they can if those were all specs instead of classes. Yet the edgelording is strong and they made them separate classes. What makes you think Hunters are so special to take up the edgelording?

Its not a weak argument when you answeresd it all yourself. How many hunters go full blown banshee mode like Sylvanas? Lets even make this more basic, how many use magic?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-14 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the above, yes they can if those were all specs instead of classes. Yet the edgelording is strong and they made them separate classes. What makes you think Hunters are so special to take up the edgelording?

Its not a weak argument when you answeresd it all yourself. How many hunters go full blown banshee mode like Sylvanas? Lets even make this more basic, how many use magic?
    Except she in a Banshee...why she goes Banshee mode...so I see...you need them to break lore just to make it really stand out from a class perspective. Noted.

Except she in a Banshee...why she goes Banshee mode...so I see...you need them to break lore just to make it really stand out from a class perspective. Noted.
    Break lore? Like how every Death Knight is supposed tp be a undying champion of the Lich King that has no reason to join the Alliance or Horde even if they willed it?

If you can accept that an undead HIGH ELF is tje warchief of the Horde, then I could come up with a 2 sentence explanation for.Dark Rangers in my sleep.

I see Watchers being added as a class before Dark Rangers. they just got heavy focus in Legion, they have very few numbers so they need to bump that up. They wear mail, can be dps, range, and tank(no mail tank yet),
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Break lore? Like how every Death Knight is supposed tp be a undying champion of the Lich King that has no reason to join the Alliance or Horde even if they willed it?

If you can accept that an undead HIGH ELF is tje warchief of the Horde, then I could come up with a 2 sentence explanation for.Dark Rangers in my sleep.
    Turning every Dark Ranger into a banshee just to make them unique? Really grasping at straws there!

Turning every Dark Ranger into a banshee just to make them unique? Really grasping at straws there!
    Yes, because that is what makes them unique. Sylvanas in Heroes of the Storm is fully banshee themed, and she's an extension of the Banshee unit in Warcraft 3. The BFA cinematic only reaffirms what is already expected out of the class.

If you need an explanation, I'll make one up right here.

So... lets say BFA concludes with a bigass battle with casualities on both sides, only for the unseen big bad Old Gods to make their move while the ranks are thinned. The dead souls of champions are greeted by Voljin, who has foreseen this moment and gives the players a choice to follow Sylvanas' dark path of undeath (her path, not necessarily her) to combat old gods who threaten all loas and gods alike .

From here you just fill in the blanks. Old Gods have little-to-no effect on undead, as shown in the Yogg Saron fight and Arthas' travels in Northrend. Faction trainers are re-dead Nathanos and banshee Alleria who both die during the BFA battle. The power of ressurection can come from any undead source, be it Bwon Samedi, Lich King, Helya, Naaru or other. In the end, BFA sets up everything we need to make this happen.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-14 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because that is what makes them unique. Sylvanas in Heroes of the Storm is fully banshee themed, and she's an extension of the Banshee unit in Warcraft 3. The BFA cinematic only reaffirms what is already expected out of the class.

If you need an explanation, I'll make one up right here.

So... lets say BFA concludes with a bigass battle with casualities on both sides, only for the unseen big bad Old Gods to make their move while the ranks are thinned. The dead souls of champions are greeted by Voljin, who has foreseen this moment and gives the players a choice to follow Sylvanas' dark path of undeath (her path, not necessarily her) to combat old gods who threaten all loas and gods alike .

From here you just fill in the blanks. Old Gods have little-to-no effect on undead, as shown in the Yogg Saron fight and Arthas' travels in Northrend. Faction trainers are re-dead Nathanos and banshee Alleria who both die during the BFA battle. The power of ressurection can come from any undead source, be it Bwon Samedi, Lich King, Helya, Naaru or other. In the end, BFA sets up everything we need to make this happen.
    Except what you don't seem to understand is Dark Rangers aren't banshees....she is a banshee who happened to be a ranger. There is nothing to support that the two are linked...nothing ever showing another dark ranger going banshee.

Plus Dark Rangers are exclusively undead...that means the Alliance would need a undead race.

So basically you need to give the Dark Ranger a ability none of them had to even make them stand out from Hunters...but you need to create a race for the Alliance just to do it?

Like I said, you literally need to destroy lore in order to bend DR into a interesting class.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    We need a class with 2 tanking specs and healing one. That would make a lot of people mad, but would be good for the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhalorien View Post

hahaha eat your monks plz, you and the other guy who likes it
    I don't know what this means.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion is more light-hearted, like MoP, thus giving us a more light-hearted class.
    This is basically my worst nightmare. Feels like a forced attempt at making something unpredictable and original, while skipping the effort to create something meaningful like a Dark Ranger class.

Except what you don't seem to understand is Dark Rangers aren't banshees....she is a banshee who happened to be a ranger. There is nothing to support that the two are linked...nothing ever showing another dark ranger going banshee.
    Nothing to support that Demon Hunters would have permanent horns and wings either, but look at what we got. Every Demon Hunter we saw didn't have horns or permanent customized features like that, but it was something that added flavour to the class identity when it became playable.

One of the unique aspects of DH you mentioned that differed from Rogues was the movement-style gameplay. That was heavily influenced by Heroes of the Storm. Guess what Sylvanas has in Heroes of the Storm that would make complete sense for a playable Dark Ranger?

Plus Dark Rangers are exclusively undead...that means the Alliance would need a undead race.
    Just told you, they do the DK treatment and have your starting character be a champion that falls in battle during BFA and is given the choice to live in torment for the sake of fighting. Any race can be undead just like DK options.

So basically you need to give the Dark Ranger a ability none of them had to even make them stand out from Hunters...but you need to create a race for the Alliance just to do it?

Like I said, you literally need to destroy lore in order to bend DR into a interesting class.
    What makes you so sure Dark Rangers are even Hunters? Hunters don't even have ANY Dark Ranger ability from Warcraft 3, considering Black Arrow is being removed in BFA. Do Hunters drain life or mind control? There's nothing Dark Ranger about them, not even Forsaken Hunters who are simply undead characters who only use physical-based bow attacks and have pets and traps. Dark Rangers use dark magic, and that's a huge part of their identity that Hunters simply don't use at all.

And where is the lore destroyed by bringing back heroes from the dead after a big battle? I mean, would you call Death Knight lore destroyed because it included Gnomes and Tauren and all sorts of races that weren't the same Human Paladins who followed Arthas into Northrend? Cuz that's what Death Knights were prior to WoW.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-14 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly, Dark Ranger sounds better than Necromancer.

But I wish they would stop with the dark edgy classes and give us something goofy like Tinker.

Best fit would be humans and undead only, just like demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to support that Demon Hunters would have permanent horns and wings either, but look at what we got. Every Demon Hunter we saw didn't have horns or permanent customized features like that, but it was something that added flavour to the class identity when it became playable.

One of the unique aspects of DH you mentioned that differed from Rogues was the movement-style gameplay. That was heavily influenced by Heroes of the Storm. Guess what Sylvanas has in Heroes of the Storm that would make complete sense for a playable Dark Ranger?

Just told you, they do the DK treatment and have your starting character be a champion that falls in battle during BFA and is given the choice to live in torment for the sake of fighting. Any race can be undead just like DK options.

What makes you so sure Dark Rangers are even Hunters? Hunters don't even have ANY Dark Ranger ability from Warcraft 3, considering Black Arrow is being removed in BFA. Do Hunters drain life or mind control? There's nothing Dark Ranger about them, not even Forsaken Hunters who are simply undead characters who only use physical-based bow attacks and have pets and traps. Dark Rangers use dark magic, and that's a huge part of their identity that Hunters simply don't use at all.

And where is the lore destroyed by bringing back heroes from the dead after a big battle? I mean, would you call Death Knight lore destroyed because it included Gnomes and Tauren and all sorts of races that weren't the same Human Paladins who followed Arthas into Northrend? Cuz that's what Death Knights were prior to WoW.
    Wow really...you're comparing aesthetics to major class mechanics....really? Are you that damn desperate...

There is no arguing with you because you'll obviously just pull something out of your ass that doesn't make the least bit of sense...and I though Trunks beating Zamasu was a huge asspull.

You obviously are incapable of grasping the logic that because Sylvanas is a banshee and a Dark Ranger doesn't mean that every DR is a banshee...she is a unique case...if she didn't get her body back she'd just be a banshee. You keep going back to her...she is a hero...a leader...in case you haven't noticed but both in Warcraft and in HotS...leaders are special...they get special powers or have the abilities of multiple specs. You don't see Mage wielding powers of all 3 specs like Khadgar do you? No they focus on one element...Thrall was casting lava bursts and meleeing with Doomhammer...but you don't see your average Shaman doing that...Y'rel carried a 2 hander and a shield but you don't see Prot Pallies doing that....is that enough or do I need more examples that will be ignored?

Hunters are basically Rangers with pets...but the fact you ignore that just shows how you wreak of desperation...Warlocks have drain life and Priests have mind control...earlier I dared you to come up with abilities without having to steal from another class...but you just stole from two. Not to mention you having to add a mechanic that literally has absolutely nothing to do with the class. Literally every ability but black arrow has been employed by WoW classes...they just took Black Arrow away recently.

Thanks for proving me right...could have done it without you

Oh before I forget...why would Alliance even raise Undead? Or have you failed to notice it's only Sylvanas who is raising DRs and that they're mostly former Rangers? Nathanos is literally the only non-elven DR in game.

You obviously are incapable of grasping the logic that because Sylvanas is a banshee and a Dark Ranger doesn't mean that every DR is a banshee...she is a unique case...if she didn't get her body back she'd just be a banshee.
    You are missing the point. You are addressing the Dark Ranger as if there is nothing unique about the concept that it can possibly have for itself. I am presenting an argument that based on Sylvanas, there is. And there is nothing 'unique' to her that can't be applied to classes. My point is reinforced by how the DH is heavily influenced by Illidan down to the permanent horns and wings. They do practically anything he can.

Death Knights practically do everything Arthas can. Arthas was the only one capable of raising Sindragosa right? Oh wait, they gave them a Sindragosa summon through artifacts. Why would Dark Rangers as a class do any less than a Banshee form?

You keep going back to her...she is a hero...a leader....
    And she is everything that the Dark Ranger class fantasy is built around. Why WOULDN'T you want to be like Sylvanas if you had the chance to play as a Dark Ranger?

Y'rel carried a 2 hander and a shield but you don't see Prot Pallies doing that....is that enough or do I need more examples that will be ignored?
    We're not talking about a class made based on Yrel now, are we? If you have a major character and you are basing a class around their concept, then surely you want to be able to do the badass things that they can. Monks have an entire spec dedicated to 'being like Chen', even if they can't wield a 2H staff in one hand and a keg in the other. It's about the class fantasy.

Hunters are basically Rangers with pets... Literally every ability but black arrow has been employed by WoW classes...they just took Black Arrow away recently.
    -edit-
    Doesn't matter what other classes have. Look at Demon Hunter and you could have said the same about all of his abilities prior to Legion. Everything was a part of other classes, and that speaks nothing of the Demon Hunter identity which is comprised of movement-based abilities, melee Demon transformations and fel magic that enhances their melee abilities.

Dark Ranger concept is the same here. If there is Life Draining or Silencing or Possession, then it will all be given as compliments to her physical Ranged DPS kit. No other class has that combination, and that's why the 'DH = Rogue/Warlock' argument always fell flat.

Oh before I forget...why would Alliance even raise Undead? Or have you failed to notice it's only Sylvanas who is raising DRs and that they're mostly former Rangers? Nathanos is literally the only non-elven DR in game.
    I guess you didn't read about Before the Storm where Blizzard literally raised Calia from the dead as a light-based undead on the Alliance side. Point is- they have set it up for future possibility. Also, Alleria and Vereesa are being hinted at being betrayed/killed by Sylvanas from the Three Sisters novella. It's all there, it's just a matter of whether Blizzard wants to do it or not; just like their decision to take Thrall out of Warchief position.

L2Lore.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2018-07-14 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    dark ranger would be about the most superfluous unneccessary class they could possibly add at this point. we don't need another edgy class especially not one that's essentially just Dark Hunter. maybe we'll have allied classes next so you guys can all have your Dark Hunters, Dark Warrior, Dark Mage, Dark Shaman, Dark Paladins or whatever other dumb thing
    Pros:
    Ranged
    Uses bow (something usable only by two specs right now)
    Mail

Cons:
    Edgy

But I guess we better get another leather melee.