15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    anyone doing the octopath route in octopath traveler? starting with Ophelia then working your way clockwise? Does it feel thematically/story better than say starting somewhere else?
    What is even the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Did you see the commercial for it, it was pretty bad. I'm not aware of any other marketing for it though. I just bought it with my 360 because it was in the store and it was a JRPG and I wanted an assortment of games. I realized much later I had seen a commercial for it but didn't remember it.

Ended up being a masterpiece to me and the first JRPG I played since FF10.
    I don't think I saw the commercial for it but its been so long I may have just forgotten.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't think I saw the commercial for it but its been so long I may have just forgotten.

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What is even the difference?
    Nothing, outside of not being able to swap out first character you pick until their story is complete the order means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    --snip--
    OMG I remember that and OMG was that so fucken bad. The music does not fit the scenes at all and it was like they just randomly mashed shit together.

Great now I feel old thanks lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-07-14 at 05:02 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nothing, outside of not being able to swap out first character you pick until their story is complete the order means nothing.
    Cool cause ive just been doing them in random order. He made it seem like you get something special.

Cool cause ive just been doing them in random order. He made it seem like you get something special.
    Chapter 2 on the other hand, the game seems to be pushing to do them in a certain order since looking at the level suggestions they are all different and make up the numbers 20-27.

Doubt there is anything story related for doing them that way but the game seems to be pushing them in that order.

- - - Updated - - -

If only Game Freak had half the graphical talent and experience of Level 5...

My copy is now coming Monday so i started the demo and already hit the time limit

I need moar
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    My copy is now coming Monday so i started the demo and already hit the time limit

I need moar
    Restart and do it faster so you can play more.

Restart and do it faster so you can play more.
    No

Also what sub class are ya'll giving who? Ophelia stats are well rounded so thinking of going warrior for a paladin type feel.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    No

Also what sub class are ya'll giving who? Ophelia stats are well rounded so thinking of going warrior for a paladin type feel.
    Then suffer

10+ Year Old Account
    tendo.........

10+ Year Old Account
    No

When it comes to BD games, woman characters are always a better casters/healers.

I would give her either a Dancer or Apothecary but Scholar is not bad either.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/octopath-traveler/Scholar
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/octopath-traveler/Dancer
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/octopath-traveler/Apothecary

Apo is probaly best option for a healer due to rez.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    When it comes to BD games, woman characters are always a better casters/healers.
    Not true at all in Octopath. Primrose is a terrible Cleric/healer due to low Ele Def. Cyrus is both the highest damage potential caster and 2nd highest potential healing as a cleric as well.

Tressa can be good at anything, but best at nothing tbh.

So really only Ophilia fits the trope you suggest since she is good at both healing and casting damage.

Also Apo healing is bad as it doesn't scale with stats and is always a fixed number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    tendo.........
    Drop your system?

Call Nintendo and say it cracked due to heat to get them to fix it!

LMAO, is it any surprise Nintendo won't fix that for free? I have yet to see anyone prove the Switch "cracks due to heat". In fact it sounds so far fetched, if the Switch actually got that hot the fucking screen would melt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true at all in Octopath. Primrose is a terrible Cleric/healer due to low Ele Def. Cyrus is both the highest damage potential caster and 2nd highest potential healing as a cleric as well.

Tressa can be good at anything, but best at nothing tbh.

So really only Ophilia fits the trope you suggest since she is good at both healing and casting damage.

Also Apo healing is bad as it doesn't scale with stats and is always a fixed number.

- - - Updated - - -

Drop your system?

LMAO, is it any surprise Nintendo won't fix that for free? I have yet to see anyone prove the Switch "cracks due to heat". In fact it sounds so far fetched, if the Switch actually got that hot the fucking screen would melt.
    Defect might exist in a console? Which is not unheard of in the existence of electronics?
    Hah we will just say its all accidental damage and charge a fuck ton to avoid warranties!

Defect might exist in a console? Which is not unheard of in the existence of electronics?
    Hah we will just say its all accidental damage and charge a fuck ton to avoid warranties!
    Prove it's a defect.

People keep trying to say it is without any evidence. Until proven otherwise it's people trying to pressure Nintendo into free repairs because they damaged their own system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prove it's a defect.
    Lots of consoles seem to be experiencing similar issues in the same spot.

Drop your system?

Right, Almost every place you can buy a Switch new also gives the option to get a extended warranty, People need to just be smart and do that. Hell Wal-Mart,Gamestop and Best Buys Warranty literally covers everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Right, Almost every place you can buy a Switch new also gives the option to get a extended warranty, People need to just be smart and do that. Hell Wal-Mart,Gamestop and Best Buys Warranty literally covers everything.
    No... dont buy those. They will find a way to not cover it.

Lots of consoles seem to be experiencing similar issues in the same spot.
    That doesn't prove its a defect and that's the issue with this. I already posted a video about it days ago and even it was pointed out in that video that people could just be clumsy as fuck.

Cracks don't prove defect, It proves cracks.

- - - Updated - - -

No... dont buy those. They will find a way to not cover it.
    ............. Then call the BBB and report them. Seeing how its very unlikely they will try to do that then its not a issue. I have been getting the extended warranty since I was a kid from gamestop and I have had ZERO issues.