Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    We already know if a game doesn't have a protagonist with rippling abs who kills thousands of people for breakfast every day it's not manly enough for you.
    The genius of the first rambo movie has nothing to do with his abs. But I do love a random tech assumption, they are straight out of a cliche reddit thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Its really not. The first arc is about abuse, rape and suicide. Not am i kawaiiiiii onichannnn?~~~~ >:3
    Aka the volleyball coach

Yeah that stuff is cool. Just not playing batting practise or talking to dairy shop owners and seeing the same model of a business man carrying his suit case every 2nd npc

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The genius of the first rambo movie has nothing to do with his abs. But I do love a random tech assumption, they are straight out of a cliche reddit thread

- - - Updated - - -

Aka the volleyball coach

Yeah that stuff is cool. Just not playing batting practise or talking to dairy shop owners and seeing the same model of a business man carrying his suit case every 2nd npc
    How is baseball not manly af?

How is baseball not manly af?
    im a geek. Stuff doesnt need to be manly.

I just dont want to RP as a japanese school student. I like fantasy stuff. Tis why i'll probably get dragon quest 11 day one instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a fair point, Would have been a waste anyway.

The CoD dude bros would take one look at Persona 5 and just laugh. Its even too weeb for me

Was gonna buy it yesterday but looked up the walkthrough and it was too much walking around in the rain just being a student for me. Got AC origins instead which has been fun
    If it wasnt weeb it wouldnt be persona.

15+ Year Old Account
    im a geek. Stuff doesnt need to be manly.

I just dont want to RP as a japanese school student. I like fantasy stuff. Tis why i'll probably get dragon quest 11 day one instead
    Im not rping, im just controlling a character

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    If it wasnt weeb it wouldnt be persona.
    true. Will hurt its sales though. But who knows, maybe its nicheness is what makes it sell. Hard to say,

Long live JRPG

- - - Updated - - -

Im not rping, im just controlling a character
    and that character is boring when hes not wearing a mask

Mighty large opinion from someone that hasn't even played the game and doesn't know what they're talking about in regards to him...

15+ Year Old Account
    true. Will hurt its sales though. But who knows, maybe its nicheness is what makes it sell. Hard to say,

Long live JRPG

- - - Updated - - -

So lol. If you dont like a story than play it for the gameplay and music

So lol. If you dont like a story than play it for the gameplay and music
    Maybe when its a bit cheaper i'll give it a chance.

While the artstyle is striking, its not my cup of tea for choosing actions with the over the top Font and hearts for health etc. But the gameplay itself does look good and a more involved turn based style - that alone makes it worth trying I guess.

And the idea is creative with going into peoples sins or evil hearts w/e it is and all that stuff. That does sound like it leaves a lot of room for comedy and dark stuff too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Mighty large opinion from someone that hasn't even played the game and doesn't know what they're talking about in regards to him...
    Maybe they grow on you after more time/more story but first impressions where they were quite generic, especially the female character that gets hit on by the coach

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when its a bit cheaper i'll give it a chance.

While the artstyle is striking, its not my cup of tea for choosing actions with the over the top Font and hearts for health etc. But the gameplay itself does look good and a more involved turn based style - that alone makes it worth trying I guess.

And the idea is creative with going into peoples sins or evil hearts w/e it is and all that stuff. That does sound like it leaves a lot of room for comedy and dark stuff too.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they grow on you after more time/more story but first impressions where they were quite generic, especially the female character that gets hit on by the coach
    As if this isnt the most bangin song last year

As if this isnt the most bangin song last year
    Not too bad, sounds like a chill song on in the background at a club during the day.

Can you turn off the big action emote that pops up when you can jump etc? The stages inside people that are kind of platformerish with puzzles looks cool but feel its slightly ruined by "ACTION" popping up every turn even if you're just jumping across wooden sticks with no where else to go

15+ Year Old Account
    Not too bad, sounds like a chill song on in the background at a club during the day.

Can you turn off the big action emote that pops up when you can jump etc? The stages inside people that are kind of platformerish with puzzles looks cool but feel its slightly ruined by "ACTION" popping up every turn even if you're just jumping across wooden sticks with no where else to go
    No. I dont undestand wanting to turn off somethung from one of the most aesthetically pleasing games ever.

aparently dealing with suicide makes you generic
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

No. I dont undestand wanting to turn off somethung from one of the most aesthetically pleasing games ever.
    not fond of things that spell things out. Like to turn off arrows and prompts where ever possible. Half the fun is in finding out where to go

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    aparently dealing with suicide makes you generic
    13 reasons why deals with that subject and is very generic. I dunno why touching on taboo/difficult subjects is ground breaking in any way. Should be encouraged sure but calm down lad.

not fond of things that spell things out. Like to turn off arrows and prompts where ever possible. Half the fun is in finding out where to go

- - - Updated - - -

13 reasons why deals with that subject and is very generic. I dunno why touching on taboo/difficult subjects is ground breaking in any way. Should be encouraged sure but calm down lad.
    who said anything about ground breaking? The subject was generic character, she is not.

who said anything about ground breaking? The subject was generic character, she is not.
    well ground breaking is kind of the opposite of generic no? So they go hand in hand. All i'm saying is, first impression wasnt that flash. Happy to be proven wrong but it takes more than the suicide boogie man, that sounds even more edgy and therefore generic to me

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember it telling you where to go. Also the motivation isn't liking her, but it's hating kamoshida. I rarely get mad but i got pissed at him.

well ground breaking is kind of the opposite of generic no? So they go hand in hand. All i'm saying is, first impression wasnt that flash. Happy to be proven wrong but it takes more than the suicide boogie man, that sounds even more edgy and therefore generic to me
    Ground breaking is not the opposite of generic no. If you want to be proven wrong go play the game. Nobody is going to give you a spoiler 2 page report on her here, you could probably find that with google if you wanted to.

Ground breaking is not the opposite of generic no. If you want to be proven wrong go play the game. Nobody is going to give you a spoiler 2 page report on her here, you could probably find that with google if you wanted to.
    oh dear spoilers for a year old game on the internet, the horror. Anyway I agree its gone off topic. Tis the switch thread after all

Octopath n all that

Persona 5 generic...

Seem a lot of Roberto hot takes, that one probably takes the cake.