Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Same for me. I discovered this as a kid and thought it was super cool. It was like a lego racing video game combined with Banjo for me.

I get why people hate it, but I thought it was fun.
    My friend and I played local co-op online and created vehicles that could suck in other vehicles against their will, literally just giant cube cars with vacuums inside. Sucking up other people online, it was super fun at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battleborn. I barely touched the PVP but loved the PVE. It was mostly because of nostalgia but I had a blast. Running through the levels felt like back when I was little and only had a couple of level based games, like Star Fox, Goldeneye, etc. You had made due replaying the same levels over and over because you didn't have a job. I'd replay Star Fox over and over, seeing what I could do better/improve/just because some levels were really really fun. Battleborn gave me that same feeling. I could mindlessly jump in and bust out a few levels and have me a good old time. One time I'd do it as a melee dps, the other time I might run as a healer or switch up my build. Steam says 240 hours.

I also had a blast playing ME: Andromeda. Not a perfect game, not the best ME, but I had a ton of fun playing it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Battleborn. I barely touched the PVP but loved the PVE. It was mostly because of nostalgia but I had a blast. Running through the levels felt like back when I was little and only had a couple of level based games, like Star Fox, Goldeneye, etc. You had made due replaying the same levels over and over because you didn't have a job. I'd replay Star Fox over and over, seeing what I could do better/improve/just because some levels were really really fun. Battleborn gave me that same feeling. I could mindlessly jump in and bust out a few levels and have me a good old time. One time I'd do it as a melee dps, the other time I might run as a healer or switch up my build. Steam says 240 hours.

I also had a blast playing ME: Andromeda. Not a perfect game, not the best ME, but I had a ton of fun playing it.
    Honestly battleborn was a really fun game imo..much better then overwatch buut we all know who got all the press

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Honestly battleborn was a really fun game imo..much better then overwatch buut we all know who got all the press
    No offence to you but comparing Battleborn to Overwatch is really dumb. But that is the core reason it failed and that was due to Gearbox's piss poor marketing. Battleborn was a MOBA and nothing like OW.

I really enjoyed the game but sadly that killed it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Age of Conan back in the day. There was a lot of very well-founded hate because of the lack of content and a lot of bugs, etc, but man that game was a diamond in the rough. I spent a lot of hours blowing up people's skulls on my bear shaman. There was soo much to like and I'll always look back on it with a mixture of fondness and disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I really enjoyed Arkham Origins. It didn't play quite as smooth as City and it was all just more of the same, but I liked the aesthetics of Batman's early armour, I really enjoyed the story (especially the Joker) and I thought the detective work made pretty cool interludes betweeen all the action.

I think people found it underwhelming because Asylum was such a great Batman simulator and City took it to the next leve, but Origins is still a really solid game.
    Origins was my first Steam refund, I think steam refunds was a new thing then too, I just couldn't get the game to run on my PC the game was just a buggy mess and the frames would tank. It's a shame because I loved the other Batman games but origins was just unplayable

I hear its all fixed now but I haven't returned to it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No offence to you but comparing Battleborn to Overwatch is really dumb. But that is the core reason it failed and that was due to Gearbox's piss poor marketing. Battleborn was a MOBA and nothing like OW.

I really enjoyed the game but sadly that killed it.
    They were both classed as hero shooters and were sinilar enough sadly to get compared often sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

-Darksiders: I really liked both games in the series. Yeah, they are clichés incarnate but they used said clichés well and both games played smoothly too. I had a lot of fun in the sequel's arena mode.
    I thought both Darksiders games were praised quite highly? Never heard about anybody complaining about them tbh. Perfect mix of God of War and Zelda, in an awesome setting. And Darksiders 3 is on its way
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Resident Evil Outbreak games....though it was sort of justified the ai was amongst the most terrible and frustrating I have seen.

Wildstar and Star Wars : The Old Republic. Loved both.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Amular was good, and there was a lot of promise in the story as well, but it felt like an incomplete MMO,
    Thats becase it was an incomplete MMO. They ran out of funding and had to convert it to a single-player rpg. I think the hope was to complete the MMO if the sRPG did well enough.
    Last edited by Nynax; 2018-07-15 at 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    Thats becase it was an incomplete MMO. They ran out of funding and had to convert it to a single-player rpg. I think the hope was to complete the MMO if the sRPG did well enough.
    Nah not quite.

Amalur was a single player gane from the start abd prettty sure something big huge games was doing pre merger.

They were still making Copernicus(everything for it still exists just no buyers from RI) and they were actuallly working on a harder difficulty patch as well as a sequel on top of the mmos.

Buuut we all know how that went

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    lol at all the people shilling for ME:Andromeda, saying the criticism was unwarranted. As if a bad plot and terrible animations to look at aren't big enough deal breakers lmao
    Most hilarious thing about the animations critique to me, is seeing some of the exact same people then go play some pixeled indie game and say it's awesome.

Some of us actually remember when games like Final Fantasy 7 were "ground breaking" just for being 3D, in spite of looking like shit, and are able to look past animation/graphics issues and just play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    as for me i enjoyed wrath of the lich king.
    also i really liked elder scrolls oblivion. have so many thousand's of hours with game both modded and unmodded.
    Erm, which one of those was negatively received though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Nah not quite.

Amalur was a single player gane from the start abd prettty sure something big huge games was doing pre merger.

They were still making Copernicus(everything for it still exists just no buyers from RI) and they were actuallly working on a harder difficulty patch as well as a sequel on top of the mmos.

Buuut we all know how that went
    I could have sworn I watched an interview with Todd, saying the original goal was to make an MMO.

Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I saw a LOT of critique about it being completely broken, but I only experienced one side quest that couldn't be done, and then some minor graphical stuff that didn't bug me much. I still very much hope for an Andromeda sequel, and that the Geth somehow show up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I could have sworn I watched an interview with Todd, saying the original goal was to make an MMO.
    Oh that is Project Copernicus amalur was setting the stage for it(i actually recall an interview saying they planned to have characters reviving being based on the well from amalur). Copernicus actuslly seemed like an anazing gane story wise at least with alot of cool ideas like mixing in the characters not dying as part of the story and having a fairly large world.

This is a zone fly through demo they did

https://youtu.be/m9nvnrP0j8U

Dragon Age II, is the one that jumps on to mind.

It wasn't as great as the first, but outside of a few key-aspects, I was quite fond of it and it's characters.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assassin's Creed 3. Was my first AC and I loved it. Felt really immersed in that game, and the fact that all the places you visited had history and explanations about it was great . Never really understood why people considered it one of the worsts of the series

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Assassin's Creed 3. Was my first AC and I loved it. Felt really immersed in that game, and the fact that all the places you visited had history and explanations about it was great . Never really understood why people considered it one of the worsts of the series
    coming off Ezio and going to Connor shows that Connor is reaaaalllllyyyy bland.