Poll: Please read bios before voting - or do your own research

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Which Republican will you believe? Credibility and Reputation

It's clear that Trump hopes to discredit Mueller's investigation even before results are released. He criticized it as a witch hunt even knowing the most recent indictments against Russian agents were about to be announced (he was told in advance). When Mueller's report IS finally released, we - and our elected representatives - will have to decide which of these men is more credible? So I did some research. Don't take my word for any of this - do your own.

Robert Mueller
    Education:
    o B.A. in Politics from Princeton
    o M.A. in International Relations from New York University
    o J.D. in Law from University of Virginia
    Military Service:
    o Interrupted his education to enlist in the Marine Corps during Viet Nam.
    o Earned the Bronze Star with 'V' distinction for combat valor for rescuing a wounded Marine under enemy fire during an ambush in which he saw half of his platoon become casualties.
    o In April 1969, he received an enemy gunshot wound in the thigh, recovered, and returned to lead his platoon until June 1969.
    o For his service in and during the Vietnam War, his military decorations and awards include: the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V", Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Combat "V", Combat Action Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal with three service stars, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Parachutist Badge.
    o Reflecting on his service in the Vietnam War, Mueller said, “I consider myself exceptionally lucky to have made it out of Vietnam. There were many—many—who did not. And perhaps because I did survive Vietnam, I have always felt compelled to contribute.”
    Professional Resume:
    o Distinguished record of public service under both Republicans and Democrats:
     District Attorney of Massachusetts under Ronal Reagan
     Assistant Attorney General under George H.W. Bush
     District Attorney for Northern California under Bill Clinton
     Deputy Attorney General under George W. Bush
     Director of the FBI under George W. Bush
     Had his term extended as FBI Director by a unanimous vote of Congress under Barrack Obama.
    o As private attorney, led the investigation into NFL’s handling of Ray Rice case.
    o 2016 Thayer Award for public service from the United States Military Academy.
    o 2017 Baker Award for intelligence and national security contributions from the nonprofit Intelligence and National Security Alliance
    Family:
    o Married to his high school sweetheart for over 50 years.
    o Two daughters and three grandchildren.
    Recent Behavior:
    o Doesn’t tweet and doesn’t respond to tweets, even when they are provocative or insulting.
    o By all accounts leading a very thorough methodical investigation, as he was hired to do.
    o Despite accusations to the contrary, runs a tight ship with no leaks.
    Honesty: Impeccable record throughout his career.

Donald Trump
    Education:
    o B.S. in Economics from Wharton Business School (University of Pennsylvania)
    Military Service:
    o Draft Dodger: Used four student deferments and a sketchy doctor’s excuse to avoid military service during Viet Nam.
    o Later bragged to Howard Stern that chasing women and avoiding STDs had been his personal Viet Nam.
    Professional Resume:
    o Took over his family’s business at the age of 25.
    o Now estimated to be worth 100s of millions of dollars, but unlike other Presidents has not released tax returns so details can’t be known.
    o Involved in more than 4,000 state and federal legal actions, according to a running tally by USA Today.
    o Used illegal immigrants to clear ground for Trump Tower, paying them half the normal union wage and working them in 12 hour shifts without required protective gear (settled in court for $1.3 million).
    o Trump University sued for fraud and settled for $25 million.
    o Trump Foundation is under investigation for self-dealing and tax evasion.
    Family:
    o Five children from three marriages.
    o First marriage ended in divorce after he had an affair.
    o Second marriage also ended in divorce.
    o Reported to have had additional affairs since marrying third wife.
    Recent Behavior:
    o Tweets insults and accusations almost daily to sow mistrust of the Mueller investigation.
    o Has repeatedly accused the investigation of leaking sensitive documents, only to have the leaks traced back to the White House or his own legal team.
    o Has argued that he can’t be indicted anyway, and could pardon himself if he was.
    o Continues to spend millions of taxpayer $$$ to play golf at his own very expensive resort, despite having criticized the previous administration for family vacations/local golf outings and vowing he wouldn’t have time for such if he was President.
    Honesty:
    o Politifact rates Trump 17% True or Mostly True, 69% Mostly False, False, or “Pants on Fire”.
    o The Washington Post calculates Trump lies an average of 6.5 times per day since taking office.
    o Polls show more than 60% of Americans believe Trump is dishonest.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-07-15 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Added intro.

I wouldn’t trust Trump to get the name of the White House right, so...
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

god king trump or a deep state shill. this is going to be a tough choice.

The only one of those two i would trust is Mueller.

Mueller is actually undercover. He's working for Trump to reveal the deep state reptilian conspiracy, all at once in an event they codenamed "The Storm". There, every single one of those godless paedophiles will be turned over and summarily judged. Every single one of the sodomite liberals will be removed from office and finally America will be able to blossom into the Western Culture paradise it deserves. That is how you drain a swamp.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, Robert Mueller helped get us into the Iraq War which killed about what? a million or more people?

Donald Trump as far as I can find was critical of the Iraq War and thus doesn't have a million or more corpses to his name.

So yes, Trump has a better reputation and more credibility in my eyes. One is a meany head on Twitter and a jerk, one lent is hand to getting a pile of corpses made and destroying an entire country. Thats like comparing John Wayne Gacy to some asshole at the bar who touches women's butts without asking.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2018-07-15 at 03:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So yes, Trump has a better reputation and more credibility in my eyes.
    Sure, the guy that lies on average 5-6 times a day on social media and TV is the trusty one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Sure, the guy that lies on average 5-6 times a day on social media and TV is the trusty one.
    That's like comparing John Wayne Gacy to some asshole at the bar who touches women's butts without asking.

One of these Republicans has a million or more corpses to his name, the other doesn't.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, Robert Mueller helped get us into the Iraq War which killed about what? a million or more people?

Donald Trump as far as I can find was critical of the Iraq War and thus doesn't have a million or more corpses to his name.

So yes, Trump has a better reputation and more credibility in my eyes. One is a meany head on Twitter and a jerk, one lent is hand to getting a pile of corpses made and destroying an entire country. Thats like comparing John Wayne Gacy to some asshole at the bar who touches women's butts without asking.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...rump-iraq-war/

How far did you look?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Did Trump testify in front of Congress advocating for that War? Mueller sure as shit did.

Thanks, I needed a laugh today. Knew there was a reason I didn't put people on ignore much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Thanks, I needed a laugh today. Knew there was a reason I didn't put people on ignore much.
    I'll ignore you if you'll ignore me. :3

lol wtf?

How much effort did you put into coming up with this bull shit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did Trump testify in front of Congress advocating for that War? Mueller sure as shit did.
    Oh sorry, I must've missed that in your first statement.

Donald Trump as far as I can find was critical of the Iraq War
    Hmm... nope, I can't find anything about testifying in front of Congress.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I must've missed that in your first statement.

Hmm... nope, I can't find anything about testifying in front of Congress.
    Okay, so one actively contributed to getting us into the war and the other said “Yeah, I guess so" and was not testifying in front of Congress and proclaiming that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons.

Just wanna make sure we are clear on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    lol wtf?

How much effort did you put into coming up with this bull shit?
    The herculean effort of remembering a time before 2016.

Seemed he was more critical of the tactical strategy.

Mueller's professional resume: Working for Reagan, Bush's and Clinton... That's a good thing? Ever follow Iran Contra through those years of Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton? Ever ask the families of 9/11 victims what they think of Mueller?

Great poll...

Edit: Trump beat both Clinton/Bush dynasties and career politicians on the left and right in the 2016 elections, I'm sure there's no bad blood.
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2018-07-15 at 04:24 PM.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so one actively contributed to getting us into the war and the other said “Yeah, I guess so" and was not testifying in front of Congress and proclaiming that Iraq had chemical and biological weapons.

Just wanna make sure we are clear on that.
    Keep on fighting little warrior, Trump will surely recognize your effort! I never said anything about what's worse, but about how you weren't looking far for making the claim that Trump was critical of the Iraq war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    Seemed he was more critical of the tactical strategy.
    Considering his track record of understanding the words tactical, strategy or the, I very much doubt it.

Mueller's professional resume: Working for Reagan, Bush's and Clinton... That's a good thing? Ever follow Iran Contra through those years of Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton? Ever ask the families of 9/11 victims what they think of Mueller?

Great poll...

Edit: Trump beat both Clinton/Bush dynasties and career politicians on the left and right in the 2016 elections, I'm sure there's no bad blood.
    Republicans are an interesting sort of people. They'll bring up their past fuck-ups to ease their current fuck-ups and still believe they're scoring points or doing great.

Republicans are an interesting sort of people. They'll bring up their past fuck-ups to ease their current fuck-ups and still believe they're scoring points or doing great.
    Not trying to be mean or condescending, but I'm not sure what you're saying here.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

15+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to be mean or condescending, but I'm not sure what you're saying here.
    What's unclear? Mueller's a Republican and his past fuck-ups as a Republican are brought up here to make the fuck-ups of the current Republicans look better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep on fighting little warrior, Trump will surely recognize your effort! I never said anything about what's worse, but about how you weren't looking far for making the claim that Trump was critical of the Iraq war.
    I take that as you've got nothing.

Praising a vicious monster who lobbied us into the Iraq War which cost over a million lives to own Trump. Simply beautiful.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2018-07-15 at 05:20 PM.