Poll: Is this possible?

10+ Year Old Account

After-BfA speculation

Just a shower thought. Do you guys think that Blizzard makes the BfA expansion that way so that alliance players can join the Horde and Horde players can join the alliance? Like, there are Horde players that feel betrayed by Sylvanas (in case she dies, they could leave the horde because they are afraid after Garrosh 2.0). They do a series of quests and tasks and they join the Alliance. While there are others that feel their Queen (sorry, but I just can't see anduin as a king) is not strong enough to protect them so they join the Horde. That would finally stop this useless faction-pride and we could move on to bigger things, like we could finally focus on destroying the Light. Personally, I hate the "faction pride". I feel like it's completely useless that doesn't offer anything to the lore since Warcraft and it simply can't offer something interesting. On the other hand, the Light vs Void is a war that could signify the future of Azeroth. The Light is the side that wants to enslave everyone to their will. The Void is the side that wants to completely destroy the Light and their enemies. I simply can't see this happening if the Alliance and the Horde stay exactly the same. So what do you think? Could they/we move away from their initial faction to move on somewhere else?

It will be the next big bad expansion that bring the Horde and Alliance back together. Then the next one will be the big "world is saved so we fight again" expansion. Tick-tock cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It is possible? yes. It is also possible that I win the lotto on Friday and my friend who moved to Florida comes back and tells me she wants to have my baby.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'd love for the factions to kind of mix/combine and divide, to me that would be cool-but highly unlikely. At best we should be able to chat between one another at this point.. I mean having the other faction in your area sometimes.. I wish I could say something to them but.. I can't obviously.

OT: I think like above, the next xpac will be a 'how to repair the damage' caused by the rift going on between the two factions. I don't think we will have a third faction (that's just too much at this point..) - I think the big bad will be a more familiar foe Post-BfA Expac

5+ Year Old Account
    I think yes. Since the AvH war is going to get a "resolution" at the end of B4A, it's not unreasonable to speculate about the faction system experiencing a major overhaul on the xpac after.

What they should do is join the sides and then make a new faction people can create Monsters on to fight them, the New alliance vs whatever, new horde, demons etc...

They will save that for a final expansion light v void.

I may revise this next year but I got a funny feeling 9.0 will be lich king 2
    Last edited by elaina; 2018-07-05 at 03:05 AM.

I'd love a no faction option. Why can't I join Khadgar in Dalaran or Saurfang in...wherever he decided to go?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I'd be cool with a Light vs Void thing but I'm fine with Order vs Chaos or Alliance vs Horde. I don't really care. Alliance/Order/Light is my team anyway, however you want to wrap it up and sell it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that it i most likely that some tensions will finally erupt (internally) and some races might want to leave their faction.

I think a third faction is a real option and that would open a massive new game.

Personally, I doubt that they're gonna let the player base mix like that. They love saying "put the war back in Warcraft" every other expansion too much, and they've always tried to to drum up the stupid faction-pride stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier View Post
    That, or they just have godawful writers.
    I think that's beyond question at this point.

After reading a lot of the novels I could easily see this. I would not be surprised if the Tauren left the horde for the Alliance (belief conflicts and mistreatment) and if an undead faction joined the alliance (they retain their human memories and miss their family) as well. Depending on how bloodthirsty Mr.AngryWolf gets, worgen may get kicked out and into to the horde.
    I could also see them going the no-factions route, join a "group" at level 20 kind of thing.

Though I would be equally unsurprised if they retained the faction conflict and just straight up told us that they don't know how to handle dropping a core identity of the game or better yet how the players would react to this (not that anyone has allegiance anymore :/)

10+ Year Old Account
    We're just repeating the same song and dance we did in Pandaria. The Horde and Alliance will fight, we'll learn it's because the current warchief is just a huge fuckin' dick, we'll either kill them dead or they'll run off and we'll have another expansion to kill them + their new army, and then after that Old Gods/Void Lords expansion. There, just predicted the next two expansions for you.

I doubt they'll ever have any concrete resolution to the Horde vs. Alliance arc until the game is completely finished. Probably in a novel or something.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Looks like they're setting up for a Light vs Void faction system. They're really pushing the Cardinal forces as all being equal.

Everything is possible, but it's not likely. They are far to fond of their writing crutches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Possible. Providing someone at Blizzard is having a brain hemorrhage and does it without the others knowing.

It'd be kinda stupid of Blizzard to erode faction identity like that. Regardless of what some might think the factions are the core drive of this game. Before the Legion, Void or whatever other silly villain they've had, the core of Warcraft has always been it's factions.

It's at the heart of the game's identity on a level that no other MMO can manage. Take that away and you damage the brand, reducing it to 'Heroes vs Poorly written stupid evil Big Bads'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    we could finally focus on destroying the Light.
    lol, not a chance.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz should just merge the factions outright. They should have done it a few expansions ago, if Gameplay > Story.

But they're adamant on preserving the faction split so even if Sylvanas kicks the bucket the Horde will probably just have some ritual to revive Garrosh and put him in charge again so Blizz can keep this artificial war going.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by gioderpington View Post
    After reading a lot of the novels I could easily see this. I would not be surprised if the Tauren left the horde for the Alliance (belief conflicts and mistreatment) and if an undead faction joined the alliance (they retain their human memories and miss their family) as well. Depending on how bloodthirsty Mr.AngryWolf gets, worgen may get kicked out and into to the horde.
    I could also see them going the no-factions route, join a "group" at level 20 kind of thing.

Though I would be equally unsurprised if they retained the faction conflict and just straight up told us that they don't know how to handle dropping a core identity of the game or better yet how the players would react to this (not that anyone has allegiance anymore :/)
    ii will never happens, imagine all the tauren connecting to the game and suddenly they are in the alliance, kicked automaticaly from their hord guild and all ;p

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    ii will never happens, imagine all the tauren connecting to the game and suddenly they are in the alliance, kicked automaticaly from their hord guild and all ;p
    The chaos would be great lol
    But I meant more like faction splitting, kinda like pandas where the are giving a choice.
    But on second thought... I'd rather just have everyone log into utter chaos of orc guards attacking them in the inn.