Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    dragonmaw orcs aren't based around cloud serpents in the game... i dont know why they'd have this aesthetic rather than a more western style dragon.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    dragonmaw orcs aren't based around cloud serpents in the game... i dont know why they'd have this aesthetic rather than a more western style dragon.
    There was a short story that took place after the events of SoO where a singular Dragonmaw orc has a "journey" with the Order of the Serpents and learns not to dominate the dragon as his mount, but to train with and tame through respect and admiration. It would seem the OP went all the way with that singular orc. I think that moral lesson would be fine with how the Dragonmaw begin to treat Proto-drakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    There was a short story that took place after the events of SoO where a singular Dragonmaw orc has a "journey" with the Order of the Serpents and learns not to dominate the dragon as his mount, but to train with and tame through respect and admiration. It would seem the OP went all the way with that singular orc. I think that moral lesson would be fine with how the Dragonmaw begin to treat Proto-drakes.
    or just the dragons native to the area of the twilight highlands where they live (red flight/leftover twilight dragons if there are any)
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    There is lore saying all of then are Legion, thus all of they are evil, now its up to you to find if there is lore saying there are good manari and manari who don't are legion: spoilers you will not find
    Well you wouldn't find lore for light-based Nathrezim before the Argus patch, so wouldn't that apply for Manari too? That they could exist and we just don't know about them yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Dragonmaw are already unique. The burning blade/pandaren theme is nothing like it, and it just feels like a sloppy rewrite.
    Dragonmaw are all about dragon scale armor, hooks and spikes, and harpoons. Think sky whalers in the most grotesque way possible. They're not meant to gel with the idea of the "noble savage" orc. they're supposed to be grisly, barbaric, and cruel. They're structures are made of slaughtered dragons for gods sake.
    Last edited by raz98; 2018-07-15 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course it clash, one argument alone is meaningless when there are Other variables who completely make then meaningless to the point, scale of destruction means everything when it come to the point of allied races, joining factions and forgivenessand etc
    No, it doesn't, when we're talking about a group that splintered off and did not participate in the Legion's actions, or at least they haven't after splintered off. Y'know, like the Forsaken did?

There is lore saying all of then are Legion, thus all of they are evil, now its up to you to find if there is lore saying there are good manari and manari who don't are legion: spoilers you will not find
    I don't have to, because I'm not saying that they exist, right now. I'm just saying that they could exist. And, again, the eredar were tricked into joining Sargeras, and their minds affected by the fel. Perhaps some weren't as affected, and weren't happy with Sargeras. Hell, Kil'Jaeden himself wasn't happy with Sargeras, as you can see in the Tomb of Sargeras cinematic trailer, as well as what could be construed as regret from Kil'Jaeden when you finally kill him.

their wiki? something i already link? yes they do joined willingly the ones who don't are the broken and the draenei
    They were tricked. If you played through the Argus questline, in Mac'Aree specifically, you can see that Sargeras tricked the eredar. And, again, we don't know if all the eredar joined willingly. We know Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde did, but we don't know about the other eredar. Perhaps all of them joined willingly, perhaps some did, and some were forced through fel corruption, or perhaps all of them were forced into it through fel corruption. Point is, we don't know for sure. And, again, your wiki links say nothing about it.

And there is nothing to say manari left the Legion, this it didn't happen,
    I never said it did. I said it could happen.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Dragonmaw are already unique. The burning blade/pandaren theme is nothing like it, and it just feels like a sloppy rewrite.
    Dragonmaw are all about dragon scale armor, hooks and spikes, and harpoons. Think sky whalers in the most grotesque way possible. They're not meant to gel with the idea of the "noble savage" orc. they're supposed to be grisly, barbaric, and cruel. They're structures are made of slaughtered dragons for gods sake.
    I like you man... you say what I could not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I'll tell you what it seems like, it seems like Dragonmaw are the new High Elves lol
    You only explained how you see people want Dragonmaw as people who want high elf- that's just like when someone wants a race they want to play as to be it ogre, arrakoa, ethereal etc. You have yet explained how Dragonmaw Orc = High Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    or just the dragons native to the area of the twilight highlands where they live (red flight/leftover twilight dragons if there are any)
    Those are just too sentients and already hate the current Dragonmaw

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    Like I've stated, angry Orcs are been done with. We don't need anymore of this brutish playable race for the Horde - the Horde lacks Ocrs who would resort to more subtle way if they don't want to continue to be the bad guy of each expansion. Making the old dragonmaw playable would only means Horde is going to be the morally grey faction again, and by morally grey I mean evil.

- - - Updated - - -

I like you man... you say what I could not.
    Really? You like the most boring stereotype for Orcs? We can already play that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    You only explained how you see people want Dragonmaw as people who want high elf- that's just like when someone wants a race they want to play as to be it ogre, arrakoa, ethereal etc. You have yet explained how Dragonmaw Orc = High Elf.
    I did, on an earlier post, but the gist is that I was only making a joke about the Dargonmaw being the new High Elves. My words are satirical in nature- the amount of time and effort people will put into arguing over things not in the game, like with the high elves (another thread that has gotten large, for no actual reason). With the Blackrock orcs being playble soon, it's one of those 'isn't this good enough?' kind of things, like isn't a void elf/blood elf, good enough? You could make either and RP as a High Elf. It's just instead of a blue glow, the original poster wants oriental dragon orcs (which is even more unlikely to ever be and basically resembles a Mogu) or want Dragonmaw skins. They are spending hours arguing over a golden glow for some orc eyes. Just seems firviolous and silly to me. Focus on what you DO have available on the game, and make a Blackrock mag'har and RP you are Dragonmaw. So, that's how Dragonmaw are like High Elves, you can get 18 pages of nothing over a thing not in the game that is cosmetic only and can be RP'ed around.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Really? You like the most boring stereotype for Orcs? We can already play that.
    In a word, YES.
    I like the Dragonmaw because of what we've been presented with from them. Sure they are more or less orcs, but they're orcs with a specialty in taming and controlling dragons. The difference is I like them, you like their name and name only.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Well you wouldn't find lore for light-based Nathrezim before the Argus patch, so wouldn't that apply for Manari too? That they could exist and we just don't know about them yet?
    no, they never said all Natherzin are evil or affiliated with the Legion, they were one of the primordial demons who existed before sargeras

They already retconed the "natherzin corrupted sargeras" thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, it doesn't, when we're talking about a group that splintered off and did not participate in the Legion's actions, or at least they haven't after splintered off. Y'know, like the Forsaken did?
    Again, you are ignoring what the demons and manari did, and how they would affect the factions and how the factions would react tot hem, you have a close view and can't e the whole picture

I don't have to, because I'm not saying that they exist, right now. I'm just saying that they could exist.
    If they don't, your argument is meaningless and should be ignored, cause again, "everything could happen" so we don't use this in the discussion

They were tricked. If you played through the Argus questline, in Mac'Aree specifically, you can see that Sargeras tricked the eredar
    there is no trick, they did now what they were doing, they wanted the power, the ones who don't: flee, died or become broken
    Perhaps all of them joined willingly, perhaps some did, and some were forced through fel corruption, or perhaps all of them were forced into it through fel corruption. Point is, we don't know for sure. And, again, your wiki links say nothing about it.
    And again, entering the fields of peculation will not make the point hold more ground

Right now, they are all evil and Legion affiliated, until blizzard says otherwise is how it is, how can be what could be is irrelevant

I never said it did. I said it could happen.
    yeah and? it didn't, end

In a word, YES.
    I like the Dragonmaw because of what we've been presented with from them. Sure they are more or less orcs, but they're orcs with a specialty in taming and controlling dragons. The difference is I like them, you like their name and name only.
    Nah, you just like abusing sentient beings. The warlock is there for you.

Nah, you just like abusing sentient beings. The warlock is there for you.
    Try again, they use proto-drakes now, and if you’ve paid attention to any posts I’ve said about thier mounts, I always reference them using proto-drakes.

But if you can’t accept that I don’t fully support your fan-concept of the Dragonmaw, Amazon tissue sales are there for you.

Also don’t be petty, I’ve never shit on your concept, but pointed out that I don’t like it for the Dragonmaw. I think it’s better used as an influence or visual style for Blademaster Class concept, barring the insurmountable task of making them not Arms Warriors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Try again, they use proto-drakes now, and if you’ve paid attention to any posts I’ve said about thier mounts, I always reference them using proto-drakes.

But if you can’t accept that I don’t fully support your fan-concept of the Dragonmaw, Amazon tissue sales are there for you.

Also don’t be petty, I’ve never shit on your concept, but pointed out that I don’t like it for the Dragonmaw. I think it’s better used as an influence or visual style for Blademaster Class concept, barring the insurmountable task of making them not Arms Warriors.
    exactly, let the dragonmaw be dragonmaw, the concept is too much burning blade, and the pandaria dragons are "meh" at beast

its ok koak having and teaching the ones the right way witht he proto-dragons, all of then its a bit impossible

7+ Year Old Account
    All Orc CLANS are connected to the Mag'har from alternate Draenor,
    As all Dwarf CLANS should've been connected to the regular Dwarf just as additional appearances.

Culture and heritage doesn't make you a new race.

exactly, let the dragonmaw be dragonmaw, the concept is too much burning blade, and the pandaria dragons are "meh" at beast

its ok koak having and teaching the ones the right way witht he proto-dragons, all of then its a bit impossible
    I mean I love the cloud serpents, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve loved the Dragonmaw from day one (WC2?) and really dug their revamped look in Cataclysm. I just want them and for them to be what they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean I love the cloud serpents, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve loved the Dragonmaw from day one (WC2?) and really dug their revamped look in Cataclysm. I just want them and for them to be what they are.
    I do like the cloud serpents, but they are "meh" compared to dragons and how the dragonsmaw are, i think the head is the problem for me, too much goofy

And yeah the cata revamp was awesome, like i aid, proto-drakes or me are still the best dragons and what scream more "dragonmaw"

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post

they are not, you just need to see then

7+ Year Old Account

they are not, you just need to see then
    I have seen the Skin customizations, as well as everyone here should have, and played as them the last time I was on Beta. Their skins are very much an option. I don't know what you're talking about?

They just don't have the glowing eyes that some of the NPC Dragonmaw Clan does, which I'm fine with. It never made sense why their eyes glowed in the first place.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-07-16 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you are ignoring what the demons and manari did, and how they would affect the factions and how the factions would react tot hem, you have a close view and can't e the whole picture
    It is beyond ironic you're accusing me of having a "closed view". I'm tracing a parallel between the Forsaken and a possible sub-faction of man'nari. All those other "variables" you speak of affect nothing. Here's the parallel: both originally belonged to a group at the time considered "100% evil", but splintered off at some point to be independent and no longer share the "goals and aspirations" of the original groups they used to be part of.

You haven't explained why your "variables" are important other than repeating, again and again, "the demons did way more damage!"

If they don't, your argument is meaningless and should be ignored, cause again, "everything could happen" so we don't use this in the discussion
    ... Did you even stop a moment to read what you just wrote? You're saying my argument is meaningless because it's a "what if"... when the basis of discussing ideas for allied races (or expansions, or classes, etc.) are all "what if's".

there is no trick, they did now what they were doing, they wanted the power, the ones who don't: flee, died or become broken
    If you believe there was no trick, you have shown that you haven't played the Mac'Aree quest chain, or, if you did, you skipped all the cinematics. Especially the one near the end where you've shown the moment Sargeras contacted Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden and Velen, where Velen could sense the deceit, the 'darkness' in Sargeras' words.

Right now, they are all evil
    Source that "they are all evil"? Actually, don't bother. You've shown, again and again, your inability to understand parallels, and you are against the very idea of discussing ideas since you think "what ifs" are meaningless arguments.

Soo... yeah. We're done. I've just been repeating myself for some time, now.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    As all Dwarf CLANS should've been connected to the regular Dwarf just as additional appearances.

Culture and heritage doesn't make you a new race.
    That ship has sailed with the coming of Dark Iron, Kul Tirans and co. Cultures are apparantly enough to justify being a race, and that opens up a big can of worms that... cant be closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.