Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Righto.

Well it's Musk...he is a total narcissistic sociopath asshole. Never liked the guy. His companies have been great, but I don't like the individual at all.
    I liked him when I knew nothing about him as a person. After reading his book and seeing his antics on twitter, I've really grown to despise him. It's a fucking shame SpaceX and Tesla are in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    wow, what a petty asshole. I felt the same way when I heard about the "rescue pods". I thought, mother fucker why don't you do something more productive for humanity if you can just make those things in a few hours.
    Why don't you do some googling before you say some more dumb shit?

Yeah this fits with my opinion of Musk. It's his job to generate publicity and hype for his brand, and as far as I can tell, it's the only thing he's really good at. He's really starting to show people how stupid/crazy/full of crap he is though.

As for the interview, the diver could have just shrugged off the question about him but I don't really blame him, tbh. Anyone that's been in a serious situation like this can tell you, it's distracting, and at times dangerous, to have people proposing alternative non-solutions and amateur opinions when they're not needed. If the wrong people listen to them, you can waste a lot of time that you don't necessarily have.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Why don't you do some googling before you say some more dumb shit?
    google what? that Musk is an asshole who says crazy things all the time? seems like I don't need to go on google to find that out, do I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't he just sue him like he sues everybody else?

First Trump and now Elon, what is with you Europeans and our billionaires?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You're buying his shit just because he is Musk?

This is exactly why, thankfully, libel laws exist.

No i am buying it because he is a fucking smart dude with a lot of resources. And he seems like a very vindictive ahole who would run a full background on you if you fuck with him.

Not so sure the courts are as good over there as they are in the US...but then again Richard Simmons proved he was not having a sex change after several publications said he was or already had operation....and still lost his suit....and had to pay court/lawyer fees.

So they might exists but good fucking luck

oh and on top of that the dude made some statements of defamation that turned out not to be true either......which could harm him financially so i imagine a counter suit would be filed

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Musk is filthy rich, its nothing to him.
    And the intention was to generate good PR worth a lot more than the product cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Elons a fucking bellend. Hes been tweeting mental shit that Trump would be embarresed by for months now.

He got pissed because the guy that actually did the rescuing said his sub was useless and a PR stunt.

Then again who doesn't expect a white south african to be a cunt.
    well except for the fact they asked him to do it.

wait till next time someone ask him for help...i wonder what the answer might be

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Does musk have assets in the UK? This looks like a pretty easy libel case.
    Ah, the old libel-suits in the UK trick. Didn't the UK try to stop that?

However, we also have to consider libel laws in Thailand. The two year prison in section 328 seems unpleasant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the guy on the right side look like someone who would call you a pedo on the internet?

Just because Elon Musk is a billionaire doesn't mean he need to behave. His persona was built by internet.
    I do sometimes like his attitude. I mean, he is us on steroids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Musk is a con? SpaceX, Tesla? I mean, you can't possibly claim that Tesla hasn't pushed the electric car further faster than where it would've been, and yes, electric cars is exactly where we need to be.
    He's a jackass who doesn't amount to anything. He's a fraud. Tesla is a joke that is a gigantic financial failure. And what problem do electric cars solve? Where do you get the electricity to drive them from? Coal plants. Yeah, truly a good solution for the planet.

He is a master in PR, that's for sure. But none of his projects are a succes. People just hope them to be and don't want to see the obvious failure that's incoming.

Hm, Calling someone a pedo with no proof? After they called your sub useless?

Grounds for civil lawsuits

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    If they did, it still wouldn't work.

SpaceX has been a success because of Musk's business acumen and the engineers and scientists who have brought those visions to life. That doesn't make him a "tech genius". He's pretty much the Edison of our time.
    This is probably the best way to describe him. He isn't Tesla, he's Edison or Westinghouse. He has truly invented with one partner, one thing. The code for paypal. Otherwise he's done mostly excellent hiring and run a great business with grand goals and doesn't accept failure. He does a good job of learning the material for his goals, but he isn't the engineer making these things work or creating the blueprints.

I like what Musk does and his ambition and his desire to do some good. But he isn't some great inventor. He's an idea guy willing to dump resources into far flung ideas and hire some great talent. He is incredibly smart, but again Eidson/Westinghouse not Tesla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    "pedo" seems to be a fairly specific insult. And he seems to insist on it to be actually true (https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...404493824?s=21)

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DiKAm8fUEAAK6Ki.jpg[IMG]
    Its because the guy is a middle aged white expat who has lived in Thailand for several years.

Pretty standard stereotype that the only reason a middle aged white guy would go to Thailand is sex tourism.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its because the guy is a middle aged white expat who has lived in Thailand for several years.

Pretty standard stereotype that the only reason a middle aged white guy would go to Thailand is sex tourism.
    And what does any of what you just said have to do with being a damn pedophile?
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Lets just ignore Thailand's diving industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No i am buying it because he is a fucking smart dude with a lot of resources. And he seems like a very vindictive ahole who would run a full background on you if you fuck with him.

Not so sure the courts are as good over there as they are in the US...but then again Richard Simmons proved he was not having a sex change after several publications said he was or already had operation....and still lost his suit....and had to pay court/lawyer fees.

So they might exists but good fucking luck
    So you believe him purely because he is Musk? Hey, you're doing a good job as to enforcing why libel laws exist, its because people like you believe it when celebs, with no evidence, accuse people of paedophilia.

[quotee]
    oh and on top of that the dude made some statements of defamation that turned out not to be true either......which could harm him financially so i imagine a counter suit would be filed[/QUOTE]

You mean his criticism lol? How is that libel? Is Musk's boot really this tasty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Elon has deleted these tweets, so how does this change things for people? Does this show it was made up, and he has had a chance to cool and realise he was wrong?
    With no apology i would doubt that. More like his PR team saw what he did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean musk shared the emails where they asked him to keep building the mini-sub. So not really an opportunist >.<
    You have a very different interpretation of those mails than everybody else then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    hes essentially become an ambulance chaser who wants to privitise the ambulance.
    Ever care to explain why you brought the race thing into the thread in the first place hm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    And what does any of what you just said have to do with being a damn pedophile?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosti...me_in_Thailand

Also I am not saying the guy is a pedo, I was explaining to the guy who questioned Musk's emphasis on it about the stereotype of white guys going to Thailand.

Well that summs up everything I thought about musk so far, I can't wait for the next expulsion of hot air.