Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    no, last we need is yet another warchief
    Dunno, when the warchief is actually a wannabe-Lichking and makes you wish for some orc wanker again, I think I'm fine with needing another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Atm we on the Horde cant effort any more losses unless blizzard really starts to build up new lore characters.
    They exist, even if you don't like them. Baine is there, a friend of Anduin, and a leader of his people. In game portrays him as nothing but a blindly loyal follower, but there has been story showing he only conflictingly goes along with things.

Saurfang already has a fair bit of backstory and has been getting some attention in BfA. Going forward in patches / into further expansions that could easily be expanded on.

For the Trolls, it seems like Princess Talanji is going to fill that role.

The only one missing a real leader would then be the Forsaken and that could go one of two ways. Either the council that survived could take over or Calia Menethil in her not quite Undead but not quite Human self could take over as the leader.

At the end of the day, yes, we Horde could easily lose her and be fine. She's a power hungry leader who is putting her own self interests (and to a lesser extent the Forsaken people) above everything else's. We follow her because we don't have a choice, but her dictator level influence definitely isn't supported, even wholeheartedly by the fellow Horde leaders.

She should, at the very least, be disassociated from the Horde for good and cast out of it. Her character would've done better in positions unrelated to the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Let's kill more Horde Leaders and another Warchief and continue this endless cycle of "Kill the Horde's leaders".

Personally I hope for redemption even if its so difficult for someone like her to reach.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope a ton of people die in BfA. Alliance and Horde. If we are gonna have a faction war then let's damn well make it count.

I'm 99% sure they're building up to her "redeeming" herself by taking the Lich King mantle after Bolvar goes off the rails in the expac after BFA.

(I don't WANT that to happen, but I think it will.)

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Why are we at war though? This entire conflict is 100% on Sylvanas and NOONE else.
    i have posted in many other posts,

sylvannas is attacking in retaliation,

alliance spies slaughtered goblins for azerite in a contested zone and infiltrated horde bases with spies,

thats an act of war that the horde is retaliating against,

Sylvannas then goes on to conquer all of kalimdor,

kind of makes sense,
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Death is often the punishment for treason.

Alliance attacked first in Stormheim.
    Alliance killed innocent Goblin miners in Silithus.

Stop with the "100% her fault".
    Well Horde turned their backs on their allies...so retaliation is fair...Alliance destroyed mining equipment, it's the Goblins who decided to attack combatants they couldn't beat! She attacked her own allies in attempt to murder and destabilize them in order to conquer them...it is pretty much her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    And i really hope manduin will die in bfa but we cant all get our wishes fulfilled can we?
    We all know from the Son of the Wolf webcomic that Anduin is going to live to a ripe old age. So anyone hoping that he dies are going to be horribly disappointed.

Anduins initial response to his internal council (Genn, Rogers, Shaw etc) wanting to fight the horde was "not just no but fuck no" Sylvanas had to push ALOT of buttons to start this thing. A good deal of us horde players dont need to see the world burning to feel like horde, nor post legion and alot of class storylines does it make ANY ingame sense for us to actively hate each other for any other reasons than "LOKTAR HURRRRRRRR"
    dude, you gotta realise ingame characters are canon fodder, we dont actually exist, we are the sideshow freaks that are footline soldiers,

the story revolves around the main characters and we are the soldiers.

we actually have no lore locking us to the game whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    After before the storm i really started to hate Sylvanas when she start to kill his own people just because she was afraid that they might leave
    they openly admitted treason to their warchief and racial leader, in our world they would have been imprisoned/executed (depending on location), as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Rule through fear instead of loyalty, because thats never horrendously backfired before. I mean shes basically Saddam at this point.
    and look what happened after Saddam was "Taken Care of", multiple factions splintered off there has been non stop war since, and Isis.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    dude, you gotta realise ingame characters are canon fodder, we dont actually exist, we are the sideshow freaks that are footline soldiers,

the story revolves around the main characters and we are the soldiers.

we actually have no lore locking us to the game whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

they openly admitted treason to their warchief and racial leader, in our world they would have been imprisoned/executed (depending on location), as well.

- - - Updated - - -

and look what happened after Saddam was "Taken Care of", multiple factions splintered off there has been non stop war since, and Isis.
    Not true. The Heroes and Champions of Azeroth are mentioned several times in Chronicles.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account

alliance spies slaughtered goblins for azerite in a contested zone and infiltrated horde bases with spies,

kind of makes sense,
    No she isn't, she is attacking as the aggressor...they have made it blatantly obvious she attacked Tesdrassil because she wants to conquer the Alliance...even in her own words she said she wanted to cut the head off the Alliance so she can conquer it while it was in disarray.

You and all the Sylvanas lovers are literally sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling "LALALALALA" and ignoring what she herself has said, what she herself has done.

Her acts are of a conquering nature not a retaliatory one...

You are absolutely silly if you think the Alliance is going to sit back while letting a obvious mad woman take control of such a dangerous substance...she is obviously unstable...even her people think so...she murdered her own because she is afraid of losing power.

This seems to bother alot of people since we constantly keep getting yet one "sylvanas is so evil, I hope she dies"-threads. There is one thing that is really common with these threads. They all assume everyone wants sylvanas to die and when they realise everyone doesnt' think like that they just leave the thread until dust settles. Aaand then another thread pops up saying exactly the same thing.

I really hope not.

There.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Before the Storm spoilers below

I've read quite a few Warcraft and World of Warcraft books, but none of them come close to Before the Storm in terms of how dark it is. The whole thing about humans reuniting with their Forsaken relatives, only to see them being slaughtered in front of their eyes. All on Sylvanas' orders, 'cuz she couldn't deal with the fact that some Forsaken had stepped up to govern the Undercity in her absence.

God, just fuck that woman. Why in the world do the Forsaken and the Horde follow a bitch who rains down arrows on her own people? This book makes it clear there's no redemption to be had for her, I just hope she finally dies real soon. And that we get to kill her.
    As far as "her people" will be concerned she killed Defectors That the Alliance turned against them.

We would have to kill her like what, 5 more times for her to Die die? I dont think she will die but I can see her being cast out from the horde.

Obligatory reminder that Sylvanas is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Obligatory reminder that Sylvanas is already dead.
    Not really.

kind of makes sense,
    Perceived innocent miners* I would like you to draw special attention to the bold. How on gods green earth can anyone defend her when THIS is her internal thought processes. She is literally thinking like a Lich King/Queen with no grey to be had.

She felt not merely strong but mighty. As if her grip could crush a skull, as if a single stride could cover a league and more. Energy coiled inside each muscle, straining like a beast of pure precision and power against a leash. Thoughts raced through her brain, not simply her usual calculating, cunning, clever thoughts but shining, frighteningly brilliant ones. Innovative. Creative.
    She was no logner a dark lady or even a queen. She was a goddess of destruction and creation, and she was stunned that she had never truly understood how deeply the two were intertwined. Armies, cities, entire cultures-she could raise them.
    And fell them. Stormwind would be among the first, yielding its people to swell the numbers of her own.
    She could deal death on a scale that-

Sylvanas released the orb as if it had burned her.
    "This...will change everything."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Death is often the punishment for treason.

Alliance attacked first in Stormheim.
    Alliance killed innocent Goblin miners in Silithus.

Stop with the "100% her fault".
    In the book the goblins attacked first :3

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Why in the world do the Forsaken and the Horde follow a bitch who rains down arrows on her own people?
    Because Blizzard says so. Blizzard wrote her like this, Blizzard had her do those things.

This book makes it clear there's no redemption to be had for her
    Kerrigan and Illidan say hi

I just hope she finally dies real soon. And that we get to kill her.
    She's the leader of the Horde, leader of 50% of the player base... don't get your hopes up at ever defeating another Warchief without losing your High King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    In the book the goblins attacked first :3
    WRONG lol

By the time the Goblins abducted the Gnome(killing her guards) the spies have already killed miners.